Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - Feb 19th 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

casio4 wrote: »
    mostly there is a fee for appearing
    And you can back this up how?
    Expenses are paid - that is, hotel,flights, and the expenses involved in getting the guests to the studio.
    I suppose it depends on your profile :D

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I'm back on Radio One 9AM Monday"... just in case anybody else forgets to switch to Newstalk...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dasdenny

And in case that sounds unsympathetic, I'm not. Life is a degenerative disease, so were all on the same spiral.

Argument Fail

dasdenny wrote: »
    Argument Fail

Capitalization fail ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

mikom wrote: »
    And you can back this up how?
    Expenses are paid - that is, hotel,flights, and the expenses involved in getting the guests to the studio.

so that's the appearance fee explained(hotel, flights etc) and the publicity they are getting for whatever said guest is promoting priceless,

Indeed.
    ;)

• Advertisement

;)

Not an appearance fee........ so try blinking both eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

I wonder which of these shows with Farrell were live. can we take it that the RTE piece was recorded earlier in the week !God be with the days when live meant live

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jerry2623 wrote: »
    I wonder which of these shows with Farrell were live. can we take it that the RTE piece was recorded earlier in the week !God be with the days when live meant live
    Jonathan Ross is always pre-recorded..

.. LLS is live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

jerry2623 wrote: »

Far as I know J Ross is recorded on a thursday so Farrell was live on the LLS. Flicked over to the J Ross show after the LLS and the difference is amazing. He puts tubridy in the ha'penny place. Always better guests and always a funny, entertaining show. JR can take the piss outta his guests (Farrells eyebrows tonight) and have a laugh whereas tubridy relies on set questions and cue cards. You can see him glancing at them midinterview ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Heckler wrote: »
    Far as I know J Ross is recorded on a thursday so Farrell was live on the LLS. Flicked over to the J Ross show after the LLS and the difference is amazing. He puts tubridy in the ha'penny place. Always better guests and always a funny, entertaining show. JR can take the piss outta his guests (Farrells eyebrows tonight) and have a laugh whereas tubridy relies on set questions and cue cards. You can see him glancing at them midinterview ffs.
    Yes, so true. Wossy is a far better interviewer. He'll be missed when he's gone.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dasdenny

Capitalization fail ;-)

Weak

• Registered Users Posts: 55,363 ✭✭✭✭walshb

papagormo wrote: »
    colin looks like a knacker whos been to heatons, and got a free hat thrown in!

Farrell and Jordan are far too cool to be bothered dressing decently. It's all the image, little do they know that they simply come across as two ****ing down and outs.

Also, anyone notice how quite fluent and articulate Colin can be when he wants, which completely explains the fake and staged foul mouthed tirades of the past?

I have seen some posers in my tme, but Farrell really does thake the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Plenty of free publicity though.

goose2005 wrote: »
    Plenty of free publicity though.

Again, not an appearance fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

walshb wrote: »
    Farrell and Jordan are far too cool to be bothered dressing decently. It's all the image, little do they know that they simply come across as two ****ing down and outs.

Also, anyone notice how quite fluent and articulate Colin can be when he wants, which completely explains the fake and staged foul mouthed tirades of the past?

I have seen some posers in my tme, but Farrell really does thake the biscuit.

Colin Farrell is always different when he's on British telly compared to Irish telly. Anytime he's on Ross for example he speaks like he's swallowed a thesaurus. Coming out with long passages of flowery language. Most of it making very little sense. On the Late Late then there's none of that.

Again last night on Ross he came out with some awful nonsense at one stage that sounded like a teenager that was just trying to stick as many big words as he could into a sentence. Ross then congratulated him on his vocabulary. He should have given him a gold star.

dasdenny wrote: »
    Weak

I agree, It wasnt great.. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

John Kenny was pure ****e ...was like I quantum Leaped back to 1983 or something.....really really bad..........

....and found it funny when Martin McAcleese was talking about when his dad moved to the arras with them and he was at a function and was doing his damnest to pay for a round .....

it's ok put your money back in your pocket you're living off the state now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Neil Jordan got a blinking problem?

Advertisement