Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a speakon connector...

Options
  • 19-02-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought an amp that only has speakon out connectors and my speakers only take binding post inputs.

Will I need to wire up a speakon connector to the actual speaker wire, or is there such a pre made cable that I can buy somewhere in Dublin?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Buy a speakon to speakon cable.
    Cut in two.
    You now have two wire-to-speakon cables.

Inside there will be two separate wires, these are what attach to your binding posts.

Thats all you need.

And yes, speakon are expensive, cos they carry big signal.
    Maybe 20quid or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Hi hans. LOL! Good tip on making a Speakon to wire cable :)

As for the price, IMO your logic is flawed. A 3 pin mains plug carries a much "bigger" signal, and can be had for €1. The price of the Speakon is simply because they're made in much smaller quantities than mains plugs. There's probably also a little artifical inflation going on, because when we pay a lot of money for something it makes it sound better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

hey guys, thanks for the info!

I need two cables, so this will work fine :)

Advertisement