Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders Live Who did it is mentioned here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alessandra wrote: »
    I see what you mean.
    I agree that corrie does comedy well, i.e Blanche(RIP) and others.
    I think a lot of the coronation street stories are pretty dull at the minute and I think we've all had enough of that sorry Gail and Joe storyline which seems to drag on and on...
    I think they are completely different and enjoyable for different reasons but I am finding Coronation Street less compulsive than Eastenders at the minute.

I miss Blanch. :(

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Enough about comparing Corrie and Eastenders...what about that Fair City, eh? ;)
    jerry2623 wrote: »
    The very thoughts of a Fair City live frightens me :eek:

I presumed Fair City was always live, went towards explaining why they are all so brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Thoroughly enjoyed last night. Havent watched show in years so didnt have a clue at times what was going on :-):-)
    Stacy and bradley were fantastic - loved their relationship. A great episode. Not sure if ill start watching it again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I actually thought it was going to be Stacey, as did my dad.

My boyfriend only watches the odd bits when I have it on, but sat down to watch the live episode, kept saying " Oh, it was just Phil Mitchell.. or Grant" He thinks the Mitchells are great.

Que my dad ringing straight away, delighted he got it.
    Excellent episode.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Just wondering... if they film a few weeks in advance, would Max and Stacey not know already?? ...just wondering
    Yeah, that occurred to me too...
    Have to watch on Monday to see how they deal with it - maybe Grant Archie! will step out of the shower and it was all a dream:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Nah they rehearsed about 10 alternate endings, & about 30 mins before going live they revealed to the cast who it was that killed Archie.

So then they just went with that rehearsed scene.
    Pretty clever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Nah they rehearsed about 10 alternate endings, & about 30 mins before going live they revealed to the cast who it was that killed Archie.

So then they just went with that rehearsed scene.
    Pretty clever :)

I know, but presumably they have already scripted and filmed next week's episodes. You would imagine they had to continue onwards from Friday's story so how did they do this while hiding the fact that Stacy is the murderer from the cast?

Thinking about it, there will have to be several weeks of the characters still speculating about who killed Archie while the police investigate the suspects. Meanwhile Stacy won't mention that she killed Archie to anyone or maybe she will go on the run ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Fantastic acting from Stacey as usual.
    Really hard to tell it was live. Great team of actors.
    My mother had guessed the Ronnies rape by Archie from day 1! Bet he turns out to be the father of Danielle as well:eek:
    Corrie would really need to pull up its socks..

That definitley makes sense, and remember how Archie was trying to get rid of Danielle when she came back? He went ott that Ronnie was not to know Danielle was her daughter :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I missed the beginning of that-did they say on it whether he fell or jumped?

They didn't say..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Is this repeated at any stage over the next couple of days? I only started watching it halfway through and didn't even realise it had been the live episode until afterwards!! Which shows how good and convincing they were, really. Would love to watch it again with the knowledge that it's live to catch the slip ups!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nope it was actually a stuntman. It was mentioned on BBC 3 on the special show after.
    A stunt man was seen falling off the building, but bradley also had to fall off a fake building to get the face shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thought it was just brilliant! Poor Bradley, will miss him :( I was crying at the end, very emotional! :pac:
    And Stacey... why Stacey? :( I like Stacey :( In the Weekend supplement it says that Jean worries about Stacey for this week :confused:

Does anyone know where I can watch Eastenders The Aftermath that was on on BB3? Was at my granny's house and she doesn't have those channels. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

It is on Sunday after the omnibus on BBC2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I miss Blanch. :(

I presumed Fair City was always live, went towards explaining why they are all so brutal.
    classic corrie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm still trying to take in that Stacey did it, after questioning Bradley about killing Archie for so long i thought it couldn't have been her. Maybe thats the brillance in Eastenders though! I thought it was a great episode, I think i missed Jace messing up so i'll have to go back and watch it. I hpe Bradley's still alive but doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

kind of an anti climax with it being stacey to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, €20 of my money agreed with you. :( :pac: I've been reading what some of the hardcore fans have been saying, they reckon that Stacey actually asked Bradley did he murder Archie in one of the episodes. That's what you get when you keep writers and actors in the dark like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

they should have interviewed stacey and peggy in the aftermath programme. dirty den was a bit of a waste. it was nice to see the set. they should give one programme going around showing all of the set and props

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

they should have interviewed stacey and peggy in the aftermath programme. dirty den was a bit of a waste. it was nice to see the set. they should give one programme going around showing all of the set and props

That would've been interesting alright but Lacey and Babs prob wanted a sit-down and a hard drink after the Live Show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Thought the episode on Friday was very gripping and i applaud all who were involved in making it from the actors to the crew. After watching the aftermath it was interesting to see just what how much time and preparation went into making it work.

Although something struck me when they showed the kids at the start of the Aftermath series that i never noticed before, just how alike the actors who play Ben and Liam are. While watching "Ben" without his glasses and the two of them standing next to each other i can't help wondering are they related in some way, whether it be brothers/cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 G2010

Did Bradders actually kill himself or did he fall? To me it looked like he had slipped and fallen but some others seem to think different

What do we think??

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

G2010 wrote: »
    Did Bradders actually kill himself or did he fall? To me it looked like he had slipped and fallen but some others seem to think different

What do we think??

Fairly sure he just fell tbh, dont see why he had any reason to jump and generally just looked like a fall rather than a jump

people have been saying that he jumped to save stacey, that he knew she had killed him and that was his motive for killing himself.

It definately looks llike a fall to me though...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Yeah these people are wrong haha

Rushden wrote: »
    Yeah these people are wrong haha

Yeah reckon me and you Rushden are the the 100% right ones haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

rte
    As one of 'Eastenders' biggest storylines came to an end during a live episode last Friday, the the pressure of performing live appeared to get to a number of its stars.

But during the 30 minute 'whodunnit' show a number of bloopers were spotted by eagle eyed viewers.
    Scott Maslen, who plays ex-police officer Jack Branning, stumbled over his lines in the opening scene.

Peggy Mitchell's character, played by Barbara Windsor, called her co-star the wrong name when she called Janine, played by Charlie Books, June by accident.

And Charlie Clements, whose character Bradley was dramatically killed off, moved his hand just moments after his on-screen death.

Lacey Turner - who plays Stacey Slater- shouted "Charlie" instead of Bradley as he fell from the building.

Meanwhile June Brown, known to millions as Dot Cotton, forgot the name of her character's granddaughter.

And Ian Beale - the only character left to have appeared in the first episode in 1985 - shouted at his on-screen enemy Phil Mitchell to "slop it" instead of "stop it".

A number of other minor glitches were also spotted, including Max Branning, who is played by actor Jake Wood, attempting to make himself sick after the death of his on-screen son.

Meanwhile, Samantha Womack, who plays Ronnie Mitchell, revealed she forgot to pay for her shopping during a live scene in the Mini Mart.

A spokesperson for the show told The Daily Mail that despite a few cracks, "everybody was very proud with the way the show went."

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I wonder what more will be said of the fact that Archie raped Ronnie! I mean they have to go into that more, they can't just leave it at that.

It was such a brilliant episode, everyone involved should be very proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Max Branning trying to force himself to get sick still makes me literally LOL. Talk about suffering for your art.

I think soaps should do live episodes like that every year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

An rud is annamh is iontach - that which is rare is wonderful!!

Advertisement