Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haiti has most likely has billions of barrels of oil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Whats the conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Whats the conspiracy?

I would assume from the OP, that maybe oil has something to do with US aid "efforts" and it has nothing to do with aiding the suffering, actually it's more possible as the US seemed more intent on having a military presence than actually trying to help anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Just want to point out the fact that they havent actually found any oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Yeah but why let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Says the mainstream media!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Yeah but why let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory? ;)

It turns out most Conspiracy theories turn out true. Since intellegence and common understanding knows, you don't need to rely on others to find proof of things, like you know the loving governments and institutions we are so dependant on to help us percieve the world "we know"

fontanalis wrote: »

The guy in the video admits its only speculation, unless your saying the clip is mainstream.

Its how oil company's find oil, they look at the geology, pick the sites which will give the best results and drill test holes.

And due to the fact Haiti has no money, and it costs billions to do these tests, then they will have to sell the oil rights to the highest bidder.

mysterious wrote: »
    It turns out most Conspiracy theories turn out true. Since intellegence and common understanding knows, you don't need to rely on others to find proof of things, like you know the loving governments and institutions we are so dependant on to help us percieve the world "we know"

That's just your opinion. The vast majority of the theories posted here have a long way to go before they can be considered proven true.

That's just your opinion. The vast majority of the theories posted here have a long way to go before they can be considered proven true.

No you prove it to yourself. That is your responsibility. The days are turning to instutions, governments and scientists is over.

Its about time. It's forcing people to look at the world themselves. When they do they are in the shock of their lives.

You won't prove what the world is stuck in a lab or ringing up the scientist down the street.

No you prove it to yourself. That is your responsibility. The days are turning to instutions, governments and scientists is over.

Its about time. It's forcing people to look at the world themselves. When they do they are in the shock of their lives.

You won't prove what the world is stuck in a lab or ringing up the scientist down the street.

Yeah but since you accept any old crap as proof, it's easy for you to say that something has been proved true when it has not been in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

If the mainstream media eventually reports that they have found oil, would this mean that they haven't?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

If there is no oil in Haiti then why is it that back in 2008 4 companies applied for licenses from the Haitian state to drill for oil?

If there is no oil in Haiti then why is it that back in 2008 4 companies applied for licenses from the Haitian state to drill for oil?

To explore for commercially viable oil fields perhaps? It's hardly unusual is it? Exploration goes on all the time all over the world.

dvpower wrote: »
    If the mainstream media eventually reports that they have found oil, would this mean that they haven't?:confused:

If someone with credibility says they have oil I believe them, right now all we have is wild SPECULATION because the US is in Haiti after the earthquake (like they didin Band Aceh after the tsunami, who knows they may have found unobtanium there) and the US likes oil so 2+2=22..
    If there was oil there why not invade under the pretense of a drug war, after all the sheep will believe anything and won't open our eyes to the world around us.

If someone with credibility says they have oil I believe them, right now all we have is wild SPECULATION because the US is in Haiti after the earthquake (like they didin Band Aceh after the tsunami, who knows they may have found unobtanium there) and the US likes oil so 2+2=22..
    If there was oil there why not invade under the pretense of a drug war, after all the sheep will believe anything and won't open our eyes to the world around us.

None of that post makes sense.

Who with credibility says they have oil?

2+2=22?

Invade who ?

None of that post makes sense.

Who with credibility says they have oil?

2+2=22?

Invade who ?

Thread title; Haiti likely has billions and billions of barrels of oil
    Conspiracy, US giving aid to get oil.

And the rest of your post?

And the rest of your post?

That the US isn't in Haiti helping because of oil, some youtube post isn't credible, and saying the US is only helping Haiti to get oil is like 2+2=22.

To explore for commercially viable oil fields perhaps? It's hardly unusual is it? Exploration goes on all the time all over the world.

They dont normally apply to drill in areas where they dont think there is oil

Nations or oil companies?

• Advertisement

So they are hoping there is oil there obviously. I still don't see why you find that suspicious.

So they are hoping there is oil there obviously. I still don't see why you find that suspicious.

US occupancy to take advantage of Haiti oil resources, that sound suspicious enough??

US occupancy to take advantage of Haiti oil resources, that sound suspicious enough??

Oh Jesus,

They don't have any Oil resources.

Its all speculation on the geology of the tectonic plate Haiti sits on.

Maybe to you but since none of this has happened we will have to wait and see before making accusations I guess..

Maybe to you but since none of this has happened we will have to wait and see before making accusations I guess..

Oh rite, so the US isnt occupying Haiti then no??

Oh rite, so the US isnt occupying Haiti then no??

No.

No.

:pac: :pac: :pac: Your wrong my friend, the US military are still in Haiti

They are not occupying Haiti.

If after the relief effort ends, the U.S. maintain their military presence there and become involved with running the government of the country then that would be a different matter. But that's not what is happening now.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No you prove it to yourself. That is your responsibility.

Why do we have to disprove what you say? If you make a statement or argument here, you should really be willing to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

huge difference between being in a country and occupying...

US military are often in shannon... doesnt mean they are occupying us here...

my Friend is in Haiti ( doing charity work) so is he occupying Haiti for his own selfish reason???

robtri wrote: »
    huge difference between being in a country and occupying...

US military are often in shannon... doesnt mean they are occupying us here...

my Friend is in Haiti ( doing charity work) so is he occupying Haiti for his own selfish reason???

There is clearly no comparison between Haiti and Shannon.There are still thousands of heavily armed troops on the island and no sign of them pulling out yet.Yes there are lots of people doing charity work and fair play to them for that but people are under the illusion that the US are there just to help out and be the good samaritan and that thinking is very naive.

There is clearly no comparison between Haiti and Shannon.There are still thousands of heavily armed troops on the island and no sign of them pulling out yet.Yes there are lots of people doing charity work and fair play to them for that but people are under the illusion that the US are there just to help out and be the good samaritan and that thinking is very naive.

yep the comparison is crap.. but if you can jump to the conclusion the us are ther eto occupy and take over haiti for oil... i can jump to the idea that the us are in shannon to take over us... lots of soliders, lots of weapons...

yep the comparison is crap.. but if you can jump to the conclusion the us are ther eto occupy and take over haiti for oil... i can jump to the idea that the us are in shannon to take over us... lots of soliders, lots of weapons...

Have a quick read of this article, you can translate it using the google bar at the top of the page

http://www.metropolehaiti.com/metropole/full_une_fr.php?id=13439

Still think im jumping to conclusions?

Have a quick read of this article, you can translate it using the google bar at the top of the page

http://www.metropolehaiti.com/metropole/full_une_fr.php?id=13439

Still think im jumping to conclusions?
    google translator???

can you paste the translation please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭rameire

`there are thousands of heavily armed american troops in Japan and Germany.
    would you care to compare these.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Why do we have to disprove what you say? If you make a statement or argument here, you should really be willing to back it up.

Well Its not up to me to make you, believe, see, think what is truth. If you sit at home all day and expect discovery channel to tell you everythnig, your going to be in for some shock.

I can either seek truth,

Or waste my time teaching you.

I seek truth, for the good of humanity. I seek truth because I feel its natural to me. I'm not here on this planet to teach or prove ANYTHING to you. I will give evidence needs be. But your an adult, its your responsibility to use the brain you were given. Your going to have to learn to get out of your comfort zone of someone outside yourself having to prove the nature of reality is.

Well Its not up to me to make you, believe, see, think what is truth. If you sit at home all day and expect discovery channel to tell you everythnig, your going to be in for some shock.

I can either seek truth,

Or waste my time teaching you.

I seek truth, for the good of humanity. I seek truth because I feel its natural to me. I'm not here on this planet to teach or prove ANYTHING to you. I will give evidence needs be. But your an adult, its your responsibility to use the brain you were given. Your going to have to learn to get out of your comfort zone of someone outside yourself having to prove the nature of reality is.

so in short what your saying here is that you want to come on here.. spew out the first things that crosses your mind... no matter how riddiculous it sounds and not have to justify anything... or show any sort of proof...
    you do realise how much like a child you sound..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

mysterious, I think that what robtri is getting at is that providing a bit of evidence would strengthen your point. Nobody will listen to you unless they have a reason to believe you.

For example, let's say that I claim that the Haitian earthquake was caused by the orgasmic queef of a member of an alien species which had been relocated deep below the surface by the FBI after they crashed in Roswell.
    That's a mighty big claim. Some people might suspect that I am on crack, misinformed, spreading dis-info, retarded or just plain trolling.
    How could I expect to be taken seriously with such a claim? How can I convince the other posters that I didn't just pull that out of my ass? Maybe I could tell them that I know the truth, they know nothing and it's not my job to teach them. Or I could provide people with the evidence that managed to convince me.

This evidence is important. It's how we separate crackpot theories from plausible ones. There is an infinite number of theories out there which can't all be true and evidence is what we use to to separate the truth from the bullshít. This is why, if you want people to listen, that you need to show how you came to believe what you believe. Otherwise, we have no way of knowing whether you're on to something or whether you're a clever bot which was written by the NSA to scrape CT websites and deflect questioning with stock-replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

I seek truth, for the good of humanity... I'm not here on this planet to teach or prove ANYTHING to you.

You seek the truth to help people. But you're not willing to help people seek truth.

RoboClam wrote: »
    You seek the truth to help people. But you're not willing to help people seek truth.

I can only give awareness, I can't make you see whats known. I can't show you the way, i can only guide you the door. I can't tell you what is, because you have to find out what it is. I can't help you, because I don't want to enslave you.

No matter what I say, it doesnt matter, you have to prove these subjects matters yourself.

Your scratching going "WTF I'm pissed off at this guy for not telling me everythni he knows"

Because all your life, you were "taught" in school. Meaning that someone most "help" you find the truth. Somone must "show" you the facts without you have to find them yourself.

You and I built our reality only on what we learned in our education systems. I've de programmed myself of that reality perception of the world. If you want to see things as they are your going to have to open your eyes and stop depending on the validation of proof from somebody else.

You can sing all day as to how much evidence you want, but at the end of the day your responsible for your mind and life. You don't have to believe what others say, you don't have to follow what others say, you don't have to prove anything to anybody at all.

This maybe hard to deal with, but this is the **** we are here to face. You, we, all, they and tme are programmed too. Because you live in a world of the "invisible man authority complex" The truth is we all do, a lot of us now turn to the authoirity of ourselves and that is when you really learn about who you are and eveything around you.

I suggest you watch the matrix again, just watch the beginning and listen to to Morpheus and Neo walking down the street of a busy city sidewalk. It might ring something to you about what I said here.

• Advertisement

mysterious, I think that what robtri is getting at is that providing a bit of evidence would strengthen your point. Nobody will listen to you unless they have a reason to believe you.
    I'm not here for the good will of him to believe me. I don't need to make anyone believe anything I see or have experirenced. belief is illusion. Allowance is ownership of what you are. Beliefs are just programs built onto you. If I see evidence that I see fit to my point I will. If I don't, I don't

We live in a world of selective evidence and ignoramus thinking. I'm not repsonsible to make people believe what I believe. I don't believe anything anyway. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm not here for the good will of him to believe me. I don't need to make anyone believe anything I see or have experirenced. belief is illusion. Allowance is ownership of what you are. Beliefs are just programs built onto you. If I see evidence that I see fit to my point I will. If I don't, I don't

We live in a world of selective evidence and ignoramus thinking. I'm not repsonsible to make people believe what I believe. I don't believe anything anyway. ;)

Everybody has beliefs, things that define them.

You have your beliefs mysterious, like a guru.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

OMG!!! They've finally done it, for the love of all that is just and pure in the world, please say it isn't true.

The United States has finally built their giant underground earthquake machine (codename: Uncle Bulgaria), to create pseudo-natural disasters to give them a societally acceptable excuse to invade an Oil rich nation and bleed them dry... oh the inhumanity!!!

google translator???

can you paste the translation please :)

Scroll up to the top of the page and just click where it says "Translate" it will take you less than 2 seconds!!

rameire wrote: »
    `there are thousands of heavily armed american troops in Japan and Germany.
    would you care to compare these.

Again this is a ridiculous comparison Haiti is a small island, Japan and Germany are huge industrial nations with large populations.You dont see hoards of heavily armed US troops roaming the streets of Germany or Japan do you??

L31mr0d wrote: »
    OMG!!! They've finally done it, for the love of all that is just and pure in the world, please say it isn't true.

The United States has finally built their giant underground earthquake machine (codename: Uncle Bulgaria), to create pseudo-natural disasters to give them a societally acceptable excuse to invade an Oil rich nation and bleed them dry... oh the inhumanity!!!

Except theres a fatal floor in thier plan....

Haiti doesn't actually have any Oil.

Except theres a fatal floor in thier plan....

Haiti doesn't actually have any Oil.

Says who??

Says who??

Says me, prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Guys, why are you all being so confrontational? So far it hasn't been proved one way or the other if there's oil there or not. But it's not outside the realms of possibility. The US invading another nation for oil would be a financial and PR disaster. If they were aware of oil being there, then surely it makes perfect sense to ride in like heroes and have the thankful Haitian government repay the kindness by giving them permission to drill for oil?

Hell, add in a little HAARP conspiracy theory for creating the earthquake and it's a pretty good conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It was mentioned here before, but Haiti is píss-poor and if they had oil, they would need to bring in outside help to exploit it. Hell, we're doing the same thing in county Mayo. If Haiti has oil, they'll invite the US in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement