Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haiti has most likely has billions of barrels of oil

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

humanji wrote: »
    Guys, why are you all being so confrontational? So far it hasn't been proved one way or the other if there's oil there or not. But it's not outside the realms of possibility. The US invading another nation for oil would be a financial and PR disaster. If they were aware of oil being there, then surely it makes perfect sense to ride in like heroes and have the thankful Haitian government repay the kindness by giving them permission to drill for oil?

Hell, add in a little HAARP conspiracy theory for creating the earthquake and it's a pretty good conspiracy theory.

Because people are saying America is there for the Oil, Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, they simply dont have any.

Its pure speculation saying that they have undiscovered oil fields, you could speculate that your house is built on top a undiscovered diamond mine and in theorie that could be the reason why your wife married you ;)

To drill for Oil costs 100s of millions, and you might have to drill a good few before hitting anything and thats if you hit anything at all. Haiti has no way of drilling these, and even if they knew for definite they would still have to invite a company in to do the extracting. This is how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Says me, prove me wrong.

I was just about to start dissing out links and sourcing evidence but iv just realised im starting to get dragged into another petty dispute.We have been over this oil in Haiti argument before and nothing has changed scince.Il provide you with evidence, youl come back and say its biased, il come back and demand proof from you etc. You have your views and i respect that so im going to leave it there

I was just about to start dissing out links and sourcing evidence but iv just realised im starting to get dragged into another petty dispute.We have been over this oil in Haiti argument before and nothing has changed scince.Il provide you with evidence, youl come back and say its biased, il come back and demand proof from you etc. You have your views and i respect that so im going to leave it there

If you can prove there is oil there, then i would suggest you get off your computer, give shell and ring and start making billions.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

If you can prove there is oil there, then i would suggest you get off your computer, give shell and ring and start making billions.

Your the one making assumptions, namely that the US is there gun in hand for humanitarian purposes. Anyone with half a brain should be able to see through this. It is crystal clear that the US has zero concern for humanity evidenced by their actions in Iraq and Afganistan in this decade alone. Similarily how anyone could believe the IDF are there for humanitarian purposes is beyond me, the same IDF who dropped White Phosphorous on innocent children.

As for the oil, read this link and the links within. http://open.salon.com/blog/ezili_danto/2010/01/29/oil_in_haiti_reasons_for_the_us_occupation_part_2

Theres lots of If's and Maybe and Assuptions in there.

Il ask you all a simple question to which theres a Yes or No answer.

Has Oil been Discovered in Haiti?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Yes, 20 oil sites have been discovered by scientists.

Yes, 20 oil sites have been discovered by scientists.

So these arnt just sites identified as potential locations of the oil?

Your saying these sites have actually been drilled and are now ready to be extracted commercially. What company drilled them?

Its funny that you will believe mainstream scientists when it suits your own agendas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

All that Oil belongs to the Dominican republic and Puerto Rico.:pac:

One of the major exploration companies is Zion Oil and Gas from Texas no less:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like those Texas Jewboys are syphoning off Oil for teh Lizzzzards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Again this is a ridiculous comparison Haiti is a small island,

Hispanola, the island is called Hispanola.

If there is as much oil as speculation says, the US already have their part in it since Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic have a stake. All countries are sitting on this supposed Oil Field. And since Puerto Rico is a self governing territory of the US why would they invade Haiti for the oil?

Never mind the fact that they already have Naval base already within spitting distance from Port au Prince.

• Advertisement

Theres lots of If's and Maybe and Assuptions in there.

Thats a ridicolous line to take in my view, according to that thinking there was no oil discovered in the Middle East before the 19th Century therefore none exists. What has been shown to you is that it is possible that there is oil reserves in Haiti which therefore is a possible motivation for the US led occupation in the guise of humanitariun work.

For more examples of US humanitariun work see here:

AbuGhraibAbuse-standing-on-box.jpg

Whats your post got to do with anything in this topic?

Also im not arguing the fact that there might be Oil under Haiti.

Im arguing the fact, it hasnt been discovered yet. And thats if there's any there at all.

I dont understand why that little fact is so hard for you to except.

Make your mind up then.
    Except theres a fatal floor in thier plan....

Haiti doesn't actually have any Oil.
    Whats your post got to do with anything in this topic?

Also im not arguing the fact that there might be Oil under Haiti.

Im arguing the fact, it hasnt been discovered yet. And thats if there's any there at all.

I dont understand why that little fact is so hard for you to except.

Your just spliting hairs.

Until they find it, they dont bloody have it do they.

Advertisement