Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i'm building a pc

Options
  • 19-02-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

As the title says, im dyin to build a pc, I haven't done it before so i think i might need a bit of help :pac:

So here's my problem, im a bit outdated on whats good these days,
    I've got 700-800 quid to spend. Im gonna order my stuff from the uk for the obvious reason that ill get more for my money.
    So if you had that kind of cash what would you buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

If you are ordering from UK, ebuyer.com are good

Also Ireland is quite competitive, e.g. Komplett

What do you need your PC for? do you have OS monitor peripherals etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Using it for gaming, sorry i should have said that. I would like win7 on it,
    I would love it to run modern warefare without breaking a sweat, but ill mostly be using it for css. I have everything else, all i need is the system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Fracture wrote: »
    Using it for gaming, sorry i should have said that. I would like win7 on it, but can i not get a cracked version anywhere?
    I would love it to run modern warefare without breaking a sweat, but ill mostly be using it for css. I have everything else, all i need is the system :)

your are not suppose to mention that I think. And of course we all have legal versions;)

:/ I didnt realise that, ill edit the post now! cheers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive a computer in college that does everything you ask, and a hella lot more.
    It doesn't cost the world either.

p5q deluxe motherboard
    qx6700
    8gb ddr2 ram
    5770 gpu
    23" full hd monitor.

runs modern warfare 2, batman arkham asylum, prototype, crysis, new avp etc without a hiccup.

you could easily build something similiar if not better for 700 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This might supprise you, but you could build somethign faster for under 500 :o

Anti wrote: »
    This might supprise you, but you could build somethign faster for under 500 :o

like what? would i not be better off spending the 700-800 on a better system?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And of course we all have legal versions;)

Yes... yes, you do... *hefts BanHammer menacingly*

Advertisement