Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invaluable Tip - When in the pub...

Options
  • 19-02-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I attended a Stop Smoking Course a few years back and the one nugget I got from it was how to stay off the smokes while out for a night on the beer. Admittedly, it was prior to the Smoking Ban came in, but the principle remains the same.

While you were smoking, you kept your hands "busy". Now being off them, your hands are "idle". This results in you picking up your glass and drinking considerably faster & more frequently than you previously would have. The secret is to order a pint/glass of water with your drink. Sip the water, rather than gulp down the beer. It worked a treat for me. A bonus is that it "cleanses" your palatte and it gives you that "first mouthful" fresh taste all night.

Try it, what have you to loose??? It works a treat for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

When people are smoking around you while you're drinking use a Nicorette Inhaler, even if there is no Nick O' Teen left in the cartridge. Just sucking on it helps me not even care for a smoke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

When people are smoking around you while you're drinking use a Nicorette Inhaler, even if there is no Nick O' Teen left in the cartridge. Just sucking on it helps me not even care for a smoke!
    And look like a tool while your at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I think you look like a bigger tool when you set it on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

lol...very funny Pal

yeah going to give the drinking a glass of water a try...sounds good

Advertisement