Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watchfinder.co.uk: any comments?

• 19-02-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    i've been browsing websites and fora for ages and it seems that the best price that I can get for a brand new Omega Speedmaster (double sapphire) is on watchfinder.co.uk.
    have you had any experience with this website? was it good or bad?
    are they open to some...negotiation on price or not?
    Any feedback is really appreciated ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I havent, but a mate has bought two watches from there. He was happy with the service anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

can vouch for these guys too. was very happy with them but beware that their return policy is 7 days. that's grand if buying for yourself but useless if you're buying a gift as that 7 days will probably have lapsed by the time you hand it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep used them for a new purchase, took a little longer than i had hoped but that aside it was perfect, never bought used from them tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

it seems that the warranty they give is not the manufacturer one...which means i should go through them if I get an issue with my watch.
    I've being looking at bankslyon.co.uk too and they claim that they give the internation manufacturer warranty on every new watch, which is good for the same price.
    I see some good feedback on bankslyon, I wonder if anyone have heard of them before...

Blackpitts wrote: »
    it seems that the warranty they give is not the manufacturer one...which means i should go through them if I get an issue with my watch.

where did you hear that? my iwc from them came stamped from a german ad, et voila 2 year iwc warranty

• Advertisement

bedlam wrote: »
    They are Omega authorised dealers so I see no reason why the warranty would not be legit.

I was talking about watchfinder, I was told that they don't give the official warranty.
    The guy from Banklyon said i can get the official one only if I buy from him

Cyrus wrote: »
    where did you hear that? my iwc from them came stamped from a german ad, et voila 2 year iwc warranty

Did you buy it from watchfinder? then cool, obviously the guy from bankslyon was talking sh*te :D

Blackpitts wrote: »
    Did you buy it from watchfinder? then cool, obviously the guy from bankslyon was talking sh*te :D

well he must have been, funny that :D

id double check with watchfinder but that was my experience a lot of the grey dealers just get a better discount from ADs than us regular joes, so they add a commission and then sell on

just checked with watchfinder, this is what the girl wrote:
    "It is the full international manufacturers warranty . You can go to any Omega International Dealer anywhere in the world "
    I think i'm going to buy my Speedmaster with a almost 40% discount on the RRP price then ;-)

Advertisement