Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ive just used the internet on a mobile ph(w200i) for 1st time and need help

• 19-02-2010 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

i find it awkward to say the least.

ive browsed ryanair, aerlingus and boards and not all link options are available. for example the sign in option on boards and the booking flights option on ryanir/aerlingus. the ulster bank site is a mess

are there special apps for these sites

can opera browser be used with this phone.

i will be getting a new ph in a few days but for now i just want to familiarise myself with mobile internet.

how superior are the new phs compared to the w200i

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

thanks for that

yes using default browser which is brutal, am downloading opera 4 now. w200i is not compatible with 5beta version.

have you used tis ph before. if so how does using the internet compare with the newer phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Some sites just aren't designed with mobile internet in mind. You're really better off sticking to mobile versions of sites imo (m.boards.ie for instance)
    Opera mini might help, but if you keep trying to access fully fledged sites, you'll just end up frustrating yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your going to be using the net on your phone it's time to consider upgrading, the w200i is pretty old in todays technology terms. Treat Yourself!

thanks lads. i have posted a thread about my ph requirements here
    Im looking for a smartphone that is good for the following

i have opera set up now and its very clear and organised. not a big sprawl on the default browser.

only thing is i cant get back to the free sites and apps links for Jar and Plusmo on the default browser.

if i access these from opera will i have to pay extra

can any of you recommend some good apps and mobile versions of sites

browsing this is feckin addictive, if i get a good ph theres no stopping me:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OP, i hope to god you have a Data plan!

• Advertisement

whats a data plan:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭28064212

estreetb wrote: »
    whats a data plan:eek:
    What network are you on and what payment plan do you have? Even basic internet browsing can be very expensive, depending on your billing options

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

im on payg using meteor for 75c a day. not sure how much browsing/downloads ill get out of that as its first day using it.

when i get new ph in next couple of days Ill stay payg as dont want to be tied to contract.

when traveling will use skype for calls and wifi for browsing when i can and cabbage for texts

anyone know of stores to buy sim free or am i better buying from network and unlocking

Advertisement