Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 3. 19th-21st Feb.

Options
  • 19-02-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 19 Feb.

Bradford v Castleford, 20:00. *Sky Sports 1*
    Leeds v Salford, 20:00.

Saturday, 20 Feb.

Catalans Dragons v St Helens, 17:30.
    Warrington v Wigan, 17:30. *Sky Sports 1*

Sunday, 21 Feb.

Crusaders v Hull, 15:00.
    Hull KR v Huddersfield, 15:00.

Predicting Bradford's slide to continue at Odsal tonight, and cannot wait to see the Warrie/Wigan encounter tomorrow eve, going to be an absolute cracker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Have to agree with a Cas win at Bradford, can't see how the Bulls can turn around from such a poor performance in 5 days.

Certainly Sky are doing well in picking the most intriguing ties of the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Very soft opening try for the Bulls....

They're in again...pretty piss-poor defence from Cas...so much for my prediction...

Very poor start in defence from Cas, initial impression was that Bradford wanted it more. The Cas try might change the dynamics a bit though.

Good old fashioned Bradford forward game, hard driving up the guts, another nicely worked try and you'd have to say its all the Bulls....The Cas try came from Bulls indiscipline, they just cant get their hands on the ball.

• Advertisement

Alibert is maintaining the rather mediocre standard of officiating that we have seen so far this season.

Disappointed in the Cas performance, Matterson must be hugely frustrated. Still time for them to redeem themselves in the second-half, though they are clearly missing Sherwin, with Chase having to shoulder too much responsibility.

Leeds only 6-4 at half-time, surely it's unthinkable that the Reds come make it 3 defeats in row for the Rhinos:eek:

Agree, Alibert is his usual mediocre self.....tough on Owen, looks like an ankle break, or dislocation...nightmare injury, incredibly painful. Leeds 12 Salford 10...its not happening for Leeds thus far this season. They look undercooked and off the pace, perhaps a little complacency?

A disappointing game, generally I thought it was poor fair. Bulls will be glad they met a disjointed and under-enthused Cas side.

No doubt Headingley was glue-pot of a pitch again, which wont have helped Leeds but can't see the Storm are going to be losing much sleep over next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

Bradford will push on from this now, the two inside centers had a great game, they will only get better the more games they play together.

Cant wait for the Wigan game tomorrow thou, Hopefully a cracker of a game instore. Wigan +4 @ evens looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Only recorded the ****in "replay" in Sky, so what I saw from that was some excellent tries, but I'd easily accept that the build-up showed more than that.
    Don't know what I was at with my picks for this weekned, fancied the bulls to an extent. A bit like Wigan two years ago.

Should be a great match on Sky tomorrow. Just about fancy Wigan.

What are Leeds at? Can't believe their results so far at all.

Probably a stupid question, but what's Brian Carney at? I thought he was still under contract but his injury should be healed by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Cracking game so far between Warrington and Wigan, 16 - 4 after 38, St Helens lead 18 - 8 away to the Dragons.

Aye, very entertaining match so far. Early try for Wigan now would be nice. :)

Certainly living up to the pre-match expectations, full-bloodied would certainly be an apt description:)

Think things might even-up a little in the second-half in regards to time in possesion and penalties.

Some beautiful tries. Pity Wigan didn't peak a little later in the match, looks like the result is decided.

Big pressure kick coming up. Absolutely brilliant game so far. Hes missed the kick, Wigan still in front 22 - 20.

All over, surprised Warrington didn't go for the 2 points on the penalty to tie it up, still they came VERY close to winning it.

Just what a match. Don't think there's much more to say. No idea how the players kept up the pace the whole way.

Clearly these two teams are going to have a big influence on who wins the Grand Final this season.

Two great defences, two fully committed teams, one great match.

Fabulous game, best 80 minutes of rugby I've seen in some time...have to say if Briers stayed on I think Wire would have won. Outstanding performances all round, what can you say, possibly a preview of the grand final...utterly brilliant and more proof, if proof were necessary, that when it comes to rugby there's only one game in town...

Great result for Crusaders...first home win, taking FC out. Did not see that one coming!

• Advertisement

Nothing if not unpredictable this year.
    Any idea what the attendance was like?

amacachi wrote: »
    Nothing if not unpredictable this year.
    Any idea what the attendance was like?

When it was announced that Long was going to miss the game I thought Noble could spring a surprise. I know a lot of people fancy Hull to have a big season but I have yet to be convinced by Agar's credentials.

Hull KR too could find this season a lot tougher than last season, even with the addition of Joel Clinton.

Advertisement