Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sweatpants with heels?

• 19-02-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

What do you think of this trend?

Can anybody see them wearing it.

I myself think i might be trying this look out. the questing is how and where.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh good god please don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I predict a very short lived trend.

Nothing about it could ever be considered flattering.

No, no, no, never!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Some people can make anything look good. I don't think I'll try it though :pac:

Still, I think this:
    jogging-pants-with-heels.jpg

...is better than this:
    sweatpants-and-uggs.jpg

ANY DAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is there no end to the shame people will put themselves through?

Sweatpants with heels? C'mon now, the clue is in the name of the item.... s-w-e-a-t-p-a-n-t-s....................... designed for the gym or being active. Pottering about in heels doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

One word- SKANKORAMA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Malari wrote: »
    Some people can make anything look good. I don't think I'll try it though :pac:

Still, I think this:
    jogging-pants-with-heels.jpg

...is better than this:
    sweatpants-and-uggs.jpg

ANY DAY!

First of all, both looks are bad. The woman in the first photo looks better because she is a professional model, with a long and lanky figure, posing in a way to make the outfit look flattering. The 2nd shot appears to be just an "average Joe" caught unawares on the street.

The gray pair of sweatpants are by themselves better because, unlike the aqua pair, they don't have what appears to be a pony on the bum and writing down the side!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Oh dear lord. Please do not. Sweatpants should be worn with runners going to the gym. Thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Oh no! Sweatpants with any type of shoe is a no no. But with heels. NO!

It reminds me of when I was little and would see people wearing ski pants with the elastic strip that goes underneath the foot with shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think this is possibly the worst fashion trend I've heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I don't get why people want to follow trends anyway, just wear something if you like it and if it suits you. I still wear my Spring Summer 2003 clothes haha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Malari wrote: »
    Some people can make anything look good.

Agree with this. Unfortunately it's only some people and not everyone has the flair of style to pull off that trend like this

http://www.garancedore.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/olivia2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Oh my sweet christ no way! Why oh why would you do this??

Heels are for dressy wear - sweatpants are for slogging about or the gym! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Stella777 wrote: »
    First of all, both looks are bad. The woman in the first photo looks better because she is a professional model, with a long and lanky figure, posing in a way to make the outfit look flattering. The 2nd shot appears to be just an "average Joe" caught unawares on the street.

The gray pair of sweatpants are by themselves better because, unlike the aqua pair, they don't have what appears to be a pony on the bum and writing down the side!!
    Thanks, but I WAS being a little Tongue in cheek!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No, I don't care if the person is a model or whatever, it just looks awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Emmsy wrote: »
    Agree with this. Unfortunately it's only some people and not everyone has the flair of style to pull off that trend like this

http://www.garancedore.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/olivia2.jpg

No that still looks rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Never...... :(

Please don't....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Absolutely dreadful, honestly I marvel at what some things are deemed fashionable like this new clog shoe trend. Bleugh, just bleugh.

Advertisement