Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM Standing tickets were 5e dearer than seated tickets!

Options
  • 19-02-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

hi did anybody notice that standing tickets were charged at 70.70 this morning on thr ticketmaster website...
    and that the seated tickets were 65e..surely this cant be right..i got onto ticketmaster about this and this was their reply..
    "t is not always the case that the standing ticket is the cheapest one.
    Prices vary depending on the event. This is the promoters decision and has nothing to do with Ticketmaster.

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services Department
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    P.O. Box 4695
    Dublin 2

Customer (Liam Bourke) 19/02/2010 12:21 PM
    you are missing my point..normally the standing tickets are all the same price and are cheaper than the seated tickets..
    so it would have assumed they would have been 65e as advertised!
    Response (Brian Gargan) 19/02/2010 12:05 PM
    Dear customer

Most seating for this event were also 70.70
    There was a small allocation at the cheaper price of 65.70, this is due to them being located in the upper corners and therefore not being quite as good as the rest of the seats

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services Department
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    P.O. Box 4695
    Dublin 2

Customer 19/02/2010 11:59 AM
    hi i bought 2 standing tickets this morning...the price i was chared was 70.70 for each ticket..however the seated tickets were 5 euro cheaper at 65.70...
    this does not make sense that the standing tickets are 5euro more expensive than the seated tickets...
    is this a mistake?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

"Most seating for this event were also 70.70
    There was a small allocation at the cheaper price of 65.70, this is due to them being located in the upper corners and therefore not being quite as good as the rest of the seats"

The good sets were the same price as standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

normally the standing area is cheaper than the seating1!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

thebourke wrote: »

There was more demand for standing tickets though so they cost more. Why didn't you get a seated ticket if you were after the cheapest available? Besides, nobody forced you to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Youre Right..But they Did the Same for Pearl Jam..Standing Dearer than Seating..
    It Depends On the Band..Theyve Obviously Copped On that Most People want to Stand at a Rock Gig so theyve Changed the Price Structure to Get as Much €€€ as they Possibly Can(More Standing Tickets than Seats are Available for O2 Gigs)..
    Another Case of Shafting the Fans for Every Cent:rolleyes:
    In Saying That would you switch your Standing Ticket for €5 Cashback I Know I Wouldnt:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

i was always going to get a standing ticket anyway....
    Ive seen then at the tivoli in 93,feile in 94, oxygen in 95...

great band live but the prices for gigs has just gone through the roof in this country
    and then the fact that they slap on a 6 euro credit card charge is a right insult altogther

i didnt realise that they do that now..ie charge more for standing tickets than seated tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

i was always going to get a standing ticket anyway....
    Ive seen then at the tivoli in 93,feile in 94, oxygen in 95...

great band live but the prices for gigs has just gone through the roof in this country
    and then the fact that they slap on a 6 euro credit card charge is a right insult altogther

i didnt realise that they do that now..ie charge more for standing tickets than seated tickets
    AFAIK the First Time they Did It was for Pearl Jam,I agree with you thou It is a bit of a Joke and as I said previously is all about them taking the fans for as much € as they Can..
    If you Question it as you Did and Far Play to you For That:D, the Promoter Will Blame the Venue,,the Venue will blame the Bands Management etc etc and so on and so on..
    Personally I decided Not to Buy a ticket this Morning based solely on the fact that while Rage are a Great LIVE Band(I saw them at Feile,Oxegen and New York) the ticket price was IMO Unrealistic.
    I saw Green Day in the O2 last year for 45 Quid and they played for nearly 3 Hours and were Brilliant..So how can they justify 77 for Rage:confused:
    At the End of the Day I guess its down to how much you like the Band..If i had never seen Rage before I definetely would have got tickets..I would have payed €150 for Pearl Jam if thats what they had asked for..Guess Ive just gotten used to being Robbed Blind and decided that enough was enough:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I think it's fair enough tbh. Some gigs are better to stand at, while others are cool to sit & relax watching a band.

Can't imagine why anyone going to RATM would possibly want to sit & watch them, so therefore the seated tickets should be cheaper. But for a lot of other bands, their stage show is great & the seats allow you to take it all in, so the price of the seats reflect this.

I know it was always the norm to have the seats more expensive, but now at least when standing is sold out & people are forced to buy seats, then at least they won't have to fork out more money for seats they didn't want in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Exactly, I never understand why for most rock/metal gigs, the standing is cheaper.

Advertisement