If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37 inch Lcd -Philips 37PFL5604H MPEG4 1080p?

Options
  • 19-02-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

Have done a bit of searching on the net and think i have settled on this one. Limited to 37inch because of size of apartment. Would you recommend this Tv and do you have any in stock and what would the price be for a boardsie! :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sand Wedge,

This is a great Full HD screen with lots of connectivity for very little price.

37PFL5604H - specs - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm - This retails at €649.99 instore so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount you can take it home for €584.99! Bargian!

Have a look and let me know what you reckon, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Sand Wedge

Hi Nicola,

Is that your best price on this? I can get it in another shop for €575. I will also be looking for to buy a Tv Stand!

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey SandWedge,

PM on the way.

Nicola.

Hey Nicola,

I have sent you a PM.

Sand Wedge

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Looks like a great TV, what is the refresh rate?

• Advertisement

This is the spec of the TV

37PFL5604H - Full HD LCD TV - €649.99
    Resolution
    1920 x 1080p
    Screen Type
    LCD Full HD W-UXGA Act. matrix
    Brightness
    500 cd/m²
    Contrast Ratio
    50,000:1
    Viewing Angle
    178º (H)/178º (V)
    Response Time (typical)
    5 ms
    Diagonal Screen Size
    37 inch (94cm)
    Picture Enhancement
    Pixel Plus HD, 3/2 - 2/2 motion pull down, 3D Combfilter, Active Control + Light sensor, Colour Enhancement, Colour Transient Improvement, Digital Noise Reduction, Dynamic contrast enhancement, Luminance Transient Improver
    Sound
    2 x 10w
    Connectivity
    3 x HDMI, 2 x Scart, YpBpr, USB, CVBS in, Audio L/R in, Headphone out,Audio constant level out, PC Audio in, PC-In VGA, S/PDIF out (coaxial), Common Interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 oreillykm

Hi Sand Wedge,

Thanks for this, I'm new to flat screens, but I still don't see any reference to the refresh rate. A mate with more knowhow than me told me that it's crucial for fast moving elements on the screen and the higher the rate the less blurring you see?

oreillykm

Hi Oreillykm

The 37PFL5604H has a 5ms panel response time and the screen has a refresh rate of 50Hz.

For the money its a great TV alright.
    I have one on display and I can demo this TV with sports for you if you would like to see it in action with action:)

We also have it in stock.

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.