If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV & AV STANDS - FRIDAY OFFER

Options
  • 19-02-2010 4:55pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

Little Boardie exclusive deal here:

I have a few of the Icon Kirra and Califa AV stands available which are reduced from £249.95 to £129.95 - these are really quite serious Av stands and look great - unlike most kit from a well known 4 letter furniture company - these are seriously heavy real solid hardwood (not veneer) and they are designed to take proper separates in their shelves and if you have bundles of kit - you can even leave the doors off them to facilitate remote operation and they still look great (we use them on demo in our shop this way at the moment.

This is the Kirra...
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=5076

This is the Califa...

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=5077

We also have a limited quantity of the new and very sexy Icon Modus S5 that I can do on a Boardie special at £149.95 (it's £200 on our main .com site)

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=5078

Delivery on all of these is just £14.95..

Keep me posted if you are interested and as ever it's a 1st come 1st served deal guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 taqies

Maybe I'm missing something, but could not see the pics.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Hi John,

Can you set an Icon Kirra aside for me, pending room measurement. If it fits I'll take one with delivery.

thanks,
    CDB.

product_2989.jpg
    product_2988.jpg
    showimage.php?image=306656.jpg&max_width=250&max_height=200

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cdb wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you set an Icon Kirra aside for me, pending room measurement. If it fits I'll take one with delivery.

thanks,
    CDB.

product_2989.jpg
    product_2988.jpg
    showimage.php?image=306656.jpg&max_width=250&max_height=200

CDB.

Thanks a million - give up the day job - I NEVER seem to be able to post pics in posts :mad:!

ATB,

John Mc
    John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi John,

Could let me know the internal dimensions of the Kirra unit. Reason is I have an Onkyo 875 av amp (courtesy of Richersounds ;)) that while a great piece of kit, is too large for any tv unit I've looked at so its sitting on the floor in front of the tv and I'm sick of the wife moaning how untidy it looks :mad: The Onkyos dimensions are (HxWxD) in mm, 194x435x459. This amp gets very hot so would need room to breathe at top, back and sides. See why I have had trouble getting a tv unit that will accommodate it?

If the Kirra has the space for the Onkyo, I'd be interested in buying the Kirra unit

Thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Dave,

I have that Onk in a cabinet - an Alphason AMBRI ABR1/100-B
    Trick is to not fit the plywood/hardboard back which allows it to fit and provides some much needed airflow!

The back is completely for show and provides no structural support, so perfectly fine not to fit it.

Love the look of these - I wonder if it's the same deal and you can leave off the back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

Will send you a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi John

Thanks for the advice today ;)
    Please keep me in mind for this unit (Icon Modus S5), I might throw it in will ALL the other gear I'm looking at :eek:

Thanks again

Kevin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Hi John,

Have you any other info on these AV Stands, further pics/specs etc ?

Thanks,

Morgan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey all,

You can in fact leave the back off the Kirra and Califa as its for show only.

Thanks, Nicola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

keving wrote: »
    Hi John

Thanks for the advice today ;)
    Please keep me in mind for this unit (Icon Modus S5), I might throw it in will ALL the other gear I'm looking at :eek:

Thanks again

Kevin

I'll give it a miss this time

Tks anyway

Hi John,

Could let me know the internal dimensions of the Kirra unit. Reason is I have an Onkyo 875 av amp (courtesy of Richersounds ;)) that while a great piece of kit, is too large for any tv unit I've looked at so its sitting on the floor in front of the tv and I'm sick of the wife moaning how untidy it looks :mad: The Onkyos dimensions are (HxWxD) in mm, 194x435x459. This amp gets very hot so would need room to breathe at top, back and sides. See why I have had trouble getting a tv unit that will accommodate it?

If the Kirra has the space for the Onkyo, I'd be interested in buying the Kirra unit

Thanks

David

Dave hows it going - about time you came back to the fold and spent some money with us - It's been ages!

OK we have an 876 in our display Kirra in the shop - we have left one of the doors off (it's better this way as then the remote works as well and it looks cool!) the width of one side is 500 mm and the depth is 470 (that just to the side of the unit - there is a small overhang at the bottom so you actually have a few more mm's spare) the other side and the middle of course are also shelved and you can pop some of the Other Halves trinkets in there to get you back onto her good side!!!

Keep me posted if you need any further info and thanks NEph for the info,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Richard,

not normally but we have the Q Acoustics stand including a Centre & Front speakers just about to launch - as soon as I get INfo on it (hopefully this week) I'll post it up for you with pricing,

ATB & give me a shout if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

mjnolan1 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Have you any other info on these AV Stands, further pics/specs etc ?

Thanks,

Morgan

Morgan,

apologies I missed your calls to the office this week - I hope Ursula looked after you OK??

Kirra Oak AV TV Unit (ZIF0001/AWO)
    Specification
    - Solid American white oak throughout
    - Graduated ribbed facias (oh 'er we like them ribbed)
    - Adjustable centre shelving with cable management
    - Two enclosed storage areas
    - Solid oak legs
    - Supplied flat pack, easy assembly with helpline facility
    - Enclosed Cupboards-H:260 - D:470 - W:460

Open area (each hole is)- H:120 - D:480 - W:410
    (however the shelves can be removed easily if you have oversized components)

Dimensions (mm) - W:1500 - H:440 - D:500

Califa

Combination of sap walnut veneer facias & contrasting
    Dark walnut veneer carcass/ Specifically designed to suit todays modern flat panel screens
    Adjustable centre shelving with cable management,
    Two enclosed storage areas with adjustable shelving
    Dimensions: 1500(w) X 500(d) X 400(h)mm / Supplied flat pack, easy assembly with helpline facility

S5

Sexy Glass front with drop down door which is remote friendly!
    Also you can leave the back panel out in the event of oversized components!
    Dimensions Size of unit (W x H x D) in mm 1000 x 330 x 455

If you need any advice is specific kit will squeeze in - just give us a shout and we will do a dry run for you - it would look pretty slick with you LG 37LG6000 though!

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Sent you a PM there John.

Cheers,
    CDB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Dave hows it going - about time you came back to the fold and spent some money with us - It's been ages!

OK we have an 876 in our display Kirra in the shop - we have left one of the doors off (it's better this way as then the remote works as well and it looks cool!) the width of one side is 500 mm and the depth is 470 (that just to the side of the unit - there is a small overhang at the bottom so you actually have a few more mm's spare) the other side and the middle of course are also shelved and you can pop some of the Other Halves trinkets in there to get you back onto her good side!!!

Keep me posted if you need any further info and thanks NEph for the info,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Many thanks for the info. I'll pop into the Philips shop tomorrow to have a look at the Kirra with the Onk amp in situ.

As I also have a Humax Freesat PVR, a Samsung 46 inch lcd (both courtesy of Richersounds) and a PS3 to place in this unit, there won't be any room for the wife's rubbish, er I mean trinkets as you so diplomatically put it!.

BTW, I have been spending money with you lately!. I bought a 42 inch Philips 7404 LCD from Ash about a month ago as a pressie for my parents. Its nice being in their good books for a change :D

Regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lardarse99

Sent you a PM on this

AB

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

Hi there

I am interested in the Icon Kirra.

I am in 2 minds as to get it or noe, as I currently have a 42" Philips tv, but thinking of upgrading to a 60" plasma

Can you please let me know the € price of the unit? and, are they in stock in the Dublin shop?

TheCaveman wrote: »
    Hi there

I am interested in the Icon Kirra.

I am in 2 minds as to get it or noe, as I currently have a 42" Philips tv, but thinking of upgrading to a 60" plasma

Can you please let me know the € price of the unit? and, are they in stock in the Dublin shop?

The Caveman,

Good timing - yep we do have a few of the Kirra left and again your timing is excellent as the exchange rate is improving meaning that I can improve the €uro price for you to just €159.95 - we will even build it for you if you have a car big enough to take it ready built??

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,
    John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi John,

I realise its quite a while since you posted this offer but I was wondering if you had any of these stands left in stock and if so at what price?
    Thanks.
    MW

• Advertisement

chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi John,

I realise its quite a while since you posted this offer but I was wondering if you had any of these stands left in stock and if so at what price?
    Thanks.
    MW

Chalky,

yep I just about have them left - which one were you interested in?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

J

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi John, me AGAIN.

Can I have a Kirra please? My Onkyo 876 needs a new home!
    Im also looking for a subwoofer cable for that monster sub I bought off you last year. I have a 7m at present and its not long enough to do the job (im sure you know what Im talking about here;)). I reckon I need a 12m or 15m cable to move it to its new home.

Thanks a mil.

rafared wrote: »
    Hi John, me AGAIN.

Can I have a Kirra please? My Onkyo 876 needs a new home!
    Im also looking for a subwoofer cable for that monster sub I bought off you last year. I have a 7m at present and its not long enough to do the job (im sure you know what Im talking about here;)). I reckon I need a 12m or 15m cable to move it to its new home.

Thanks a mil.

Rafa,

mmm FB210 - I remember it well - it really is the daddy of all subs - you know you have issues when you need someone to lift your sub with you...

The longest standard Sub cable I stock is 7.5 mtrs - however we can custom make one for you - so you may as well give us the exact length and we will knock one together for you.

On the Kirra front - no problem - I'm down to my last few (Dublin only) do you want to collect? I know we have you cornered as it's probably one of the only AV racks in the universe that will catually take an 876 :D

Keep me posted and I'll get Ash & the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

Rafa,

mmm FB210 - I remember it well - it really is the daddy of all subs - you know you have issues when you need someone to lift your sub with you...

The longest standard Sub cable I stock is 7.5 mtrs - however we can custom make one for you - so you may as well give us the exact length and we will knock one together for you.

On the Kirra front - no problem - I'm down to my last few (Dublin only) do you want to collect? I know we have you cornered as it's probably one of the only AV racks in the universe that will catually take an 876 :D

Keep me posted and I'll get Ash & the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John.
    Will have to be delivery for the Kirra because theres no chance of me getting in to dublin anytime soon. As far as the cable goes I need 14M if thats possible, Im running it around the room behind skirting boards!
    I could also do with a 1m HDMI cable now that I think of it!

Thanks a Mil.

Hi John,

I'm interested in the Kirra because I want to get an Onk875 into it! The Califa looks a bit more luxurious finish wise but those extra couple of millimeters the Kirra gives me would make for a tidier set up. What price for the rack including delivery to county Cork?

Thanks,
    MW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi guys,
    Any of the Icon sleek black glass units left? are these available to view in the shops?? Will they fit a 42"?? :D

Also intrested in a multi-region Blu Ray - whats the price on the BDP3000? What would I be paying at a minimum for a Blu Ray home cinema system??

Cheers
    TC

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi tomcollins97.

Yes indeed we do still have the Black Glass Units left in stock to sell. We have one of these on display in our Belfast store (The only Store in Ireland)

1 Philips BDP3000 -Full 1080p / 24 Frames per second / DivX Ultra / DVD upscaling / Dolby True HD / Profile 2 / Blah Blah blah etc.. Looks sexy slimline and shiny black - in Multi region mode for Standard DVD - Now just £89.95 / €102.99

http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...05_pss_eng.pdf

Pioneer DCS585

This is a really nice one box 5.1 DVD Home Cinema system with HDMI out and USB input - it has a pretty unique speaker setup as you can use it either as a 2.1 or a 5.1 speaker system see details here:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...585/index.html

This system did retail at £329.95 - the cheapest I can find it anywhere new, boxed is £279.95 - I can do it on a Boardies exclusive at just £229.95 / €269.99

Drop me a PM if you would like to go for any of these items.

BUMP
    chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm interested in the Kirra because I want to get an Onk875 into it! The Califa looks a bit more luxurious finish wise but those extra couple of millimeters the Kirra gives me would make for a tidier set up. What price for the rack including delivery to county Cork?

Thanks,
    MW

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey chalky024

Unfortunatley we are now out of stock on the Kirra rack (Sorry)!!

We still have stock of the Icon S5 and the Califa.

• Advertisement

rafared wrote: »
    Hi John.
    Will have to be delivery for the Kirra because theres no chance of me getting in to dublin anytime soon. As far as the cable goes I need 14M if thats possible, Im running it around the room behind skirting boards!
    I could also do with a 1m HDMI cable now that I think of it!

Thanks a Mil.

Any news on this guys?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.