Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist piercing

Options
  • 19-02-2010 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Im heading off to manchester tomorrow to see mastodon and im hoping to go to holier than thou(One of the best places ever to get it done from research!!) to get my wrist pierced! im wondering if to get it done with a surface bar or micro dermal?? The problem with mirco dermal is that if i needed to get it removed i would have to travel to dublin and pay 50 to get it removed!
    What are your thoughts on it
    / im also hoping to get my tiki tattoo done as well :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its even harder to get inked or pierced in the UK than it is here if youre underage.

The laws are really strict over there.

I doubt you`ll be getting it done this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

im 15 which for piercing in the uk AFAIK is legal :) anyway i'll let you know on sunday if i get it done thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

im 15 which for piercing in the uk AFAIK is legal

You`ll find its not.Under 16s require parental consent and even at that I doubt you`ll find someone to do a wrist.You`ll also find that a lot of shops stick to an over 18s policy.

Aww ok :( and there damn cheap over there :( anyway i'll see what i can do but anyway what do you advise for it

. Anyone who requires a piercing and who is under 16 must have the permission of their parent or guardian who must be present, or represented by an adult accredited by the parent or guardian to convey that permission on their behalf. ANY ATTEMPT TO AVOID THE AGE LIMITS WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN FROM THE STUDIO
    :D

http://www.tattooed-lady.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Don't even bother thinking about surface piercings until you're 18. Think about it, your skin is constantly growing and even more so when you're under 18. Chances are it won't last very long. Wrist surfaces are awkward piercings too as they're constantly exposed and being bumped by everyday things such as putting your hands in your pockets. Don't get me wrong I'd love them myself but it's just not worth it until you're 18. Nearly all places have an over 18's policy for surfaces and dermals anyway.

Dammit i want a piercing tomorrow and i cant get another facial one :( i would do nipple but its meant to hurt a **** load! :( i need ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just get something simple done like lobe or rim if you want that new piercing feeling :)

i would but my school would go psyco!!1 i might get lobe done but i'll see if they can do it with bio plast so i can hide it for school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Dammit i want a piercing tomorrow and i cant get another facial one :( i would do nipple but its meant to hurt a **** load! :( i need ideas??

anyone who would pierce the nipple of a 15 year old should be fired out of a cannon, with the cannon rolled right up to a wall just before firing.

• Advertisement

i got it done today with a surface bar. I.ll post pics tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Good luck with it!!

Ive only really heard negative stories about them to be honest. I had 2 dermals and i only managed to keep them for about 5 months, with scroupulous maintenance!!

It really is a pity they dont last, becuase they look really good! Hope you have better luck than i did!

i got it done today with a surface bar. I.ll post pics tomorrow :)

Sorry but I have to say this--Anyone who pierced a 15 yo deserves to be shot.

the law over there is anyone under 16 offer permission. At least im responable with my piercings and im good with aftercare. It all depends on the persons maturity imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maturity has very little to do with it when you get a surface piercing. You can clean it religiously and not bang it or irritate it. At 15 your skin is way too tight and not very elastic, it is gonna migrate as there is no give in your skin.

You are gonna notice how mobile your wrist is and how often you bang it off things. Putting your hand in your pocket, writing, even typing. You are gonna notice it.

Whoever pierced you should be reported and bet

ok but at 16 then it would be seen as ok. A couple of months is not the end of the world and i was told that if i take care of it that the piercing will have a lower chance of rejecting! And will your right about it getting lots of knocks. Its sore today after moshing last night but i did keep it out of the way. Any way im on my phone which is costing me so i have to go i.ll post pics later and i.ll get your say on it

Even at 16, 18 or even 24 you are still gonna have a hell of a time keeping it. Up until your late 30's is the only time to get a surface piercing. Wasn't the smartest to get a piercing and then go to a mastodon concert.

It will be a hard lesson learned I think :(

your probley right. But it will be fun while it lasts. When security dragged me offstage last night they hurt it :( anyway i will take good care of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

your probley right. But it will be fun while it lasts. When security dragged me offstage last night they hurt it :( anyway i will take good care of it

good care of it like going directly into a mosh after getting it done? this is why it is innapropriate to do some of the more complex piercings on 15 year olds - they will not look after it and only be concerned with their short term wants.

Anyway I have a pic
    022.jpg
    And For your info im some some stupid 15 year old who only cares about short term wants!
    I know the risks of what i got done and i will take care for it >.<
    The only problems now is that i have to be careful with it which means I can't type (much), putting my hand in my pocket abuseing myself :P(joking) moshing(as i learnt :() and loads others which i will learn soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I know the risks of what i got done and i will take care for it >.<

Clearly...

Its sore today after moshing last night

It's right on your tendon!! Move your hand up and then down, it will raise and lower and so will the piercing. I got a microdermal on my wrist about 3 years back, lasted 4 months. Never healed, constantly pussing and red. It was a microdermal though and way more forgiving than a barbell. Crazy short bar too.

Is it a curved barbell or more of a trough shaped one?

Its a surface bar! The piercer checked my wrist to make sure its nnot on the tendon it just looks like that! And in a ideal world I would have had it done today but i could not so hence why i had to have it done yesterday :( Its ok though

Just gonna close this, please take our advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement