Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man sitting on edge of bridge

• 19-02-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Last night, about 1:30am, there was a man sitting on the edge of the rice bridge surrounded by police and firemen who seemed to be trying to talk him out of jumping. I couldn't tell if he was young or old as he had a heavy jacket on with the hood up.

He was still sitting there at 2am. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to this poor chap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well he wasn't there at 2:30...so he either jumped and people got over it pretty quickly. or they talked him out of it and hauled his ass into jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It surely would have been on the news had he jumped. So i'm guessing they talked him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Hopefully. Hope he's ok. However his antics did take up the services of 5 police cars, 2 fire engines and an ambulance that might have been needed elsewhere.

Still better than somebody having to recover a body from the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Hopefully. Hope he's ok. However his antics did take up the services of 5 police cars, 2 fire engines and an ambulance that might have been needed elsewhere.

It's too easy to blame him and his 'antics'. He was obviously in a very disturbed state of mind to consider jumping in. If five squad cars and two fire engines were needed to save him, that's good enough for me.

That said, if he was a drugged-up junkie, they should've pushed him in...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

It's too easy to blame him and his 'antics'. He was obviously in a very disturbed state of mind to consider jumping in. If five squad cars and two fire engines were needed to save him, that's good enough for me.

ok so after i read the above, i thought nice comment.:)

That said, if he was a drugged-up junkie, they should've pushed him in...

then i read that and it was a bit of a let down... oh well:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

However his antics did take up the services of 5 police cars, 2 fire engines and an ambulance that might have been needed elsewhere.

Waste of time for those to be saving someone life? Your use of the word antics would make it sound like he was having a right old laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

What were the PSNI getting involved for, why not get the guards?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

wellboy76 wrote: »
    What were the PSNI getting involved for, why not get the guards?:rolleyes:

I f you're going to be so pedantic why not get it right and and say An Garda Síochána. The guards (:rolleyes:) as you put it are not our national police force. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Adyx wrote: »
    I f you're going to be so pedantic why not get it right and and say An Garda Síochána. The guards (:rolleyes:) as you put it are not our national police force. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HAHA only gowlin with ya boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

Mod edit: Cop yourself on and stop posting ****e like that, you are lucky that you are not been banned to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement