Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Molyneux

Options
  • 19-02-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

So Peter Molyneux, the main guy behind bullfrog (Theme Park, Theme Hospital) Lionhead studios (Black & white, Fable) populous and many other games is giving a talk in DIT for the Jameson Film festival :Dhttp://jdiff.ticketsolve.com/shows/23497949/events This guy has created a lot of my favorite games through the years and I'd say it'll be interesting.

€5 to see this is well worth it for anyone looking to go into the games industry.

Also
    Peter Connolly - Executive Producer from Microsoft Games Studio will be in attendance.

So... anyone else heading...? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I wonder if he'll bring Mylo!!!

TBH i think he's made some great games, but i'll only go if someone can promise me he won't harp on about how great Natal is/will be and how it'll revolutionize the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

He's a bit up his own hole , but it may be worth checkin out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I wonder if he'll bring Mylo!!!

TBH i think he's made some great games, but i'll only go if someone can promise me he won't harp on about how great Natal is/will be and how it'll revolutionize the market.

Ehem...
    Molyneux will discuss RPGs and their inherently cinematic nature. This will be followed by a panel discussion addressing RPG game development within the Irish gaming industry and will be chaired by Aphra Kerr.

:p Doesn't sound like natal talk to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

He always finds someway to bring it up :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hes also one grade A sh1t talker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Beat me to it!
    A fiver is well worth it to be in the presence of the man who invented dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Will he talk about his balls? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

one word people
    Syndicate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Might go if there are tickets available. Is it safe to buy from ticketsolve.com? I don't like inputting credit card details on unfamiliar sites.

How do you receive tickets and, if it's by standard post, how long does it take for delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Fnz wrote: »
    How do you receive tickets as, if it's by standard post, how long does it take for delivery?
    They charge an extra €1 for a booking fee :(
    TICKET COLLECTION: Thank you for your booking, your tickets will be available for collection, Monday to Saturday 10am - 6pm at Filmbase, Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. Otherwise your tickets will be available for collection 45 minutes before the start of the event.

They charge an extra €1 for a booking fee :(
    I was so pissed off when I ordered online! I thought it would be like ticket masters ticketfast, just print them straight away or at least get them posted :mad: If I knew I had to go to temple bar to collect them anyway I would of just went in!! Still though, can't wait for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Nice one, I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Deffinitely going to this, bit pissed i have to collect my ticket though

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

You can get the ticket printed off at Cineworld as well if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Anyone not able to go give me a shout please

Oh for anyone that can't make it, there is going to be a live stream from here http://seriousgames.ie/wordpress/ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BaelNaMblath

Milo is ultra-creepy, but I'd be interested to hear the man speak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd love to go, think I'm busy on Thursday night though :( Say what you will about his games, but the man is one of the closest things to a developer with a unique personality and vision. Of course he can go over the top, but there are generally good ideas buried in the hyperbole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All the tickets were sold out before I could get any but thanks for the stream will be watching it with my son as Peter Molyneux is pretty much his childhood hero, (I know could be worse could be a soccer player :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Skerries wrote: »
    one word people
    Syndicate!

You sir, have taste :cool:

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.

hey ill buy it off you if no one else has gotten in contact

allanb49 wrote: »
    hey ill buy it off you if no one else has gotten in contact

No problem.

Where abouts will i find you in the morrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone know which DIT its in?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone know which DIT its in?

Aungier St.

Well I'll guess I'll see whoevers going there :P Gotta go to town early :rolleyes: I'll be the homeless looking guy with a think geek bag of holding on :p

ill be the guy with the HP ID meeting up with strange men from the internets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

For those that couldn't get tickets, you can watch the live stream of the event here at DIT's seriousgames.ie

Lee

Advertisement