Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Molyneux

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

is it just me or the streaming is not working?
    edit: f*cking firefox was the problem. in safari works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Someone kidnap him and force him to remake Theme Hospital. The world will praise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Was there for it all and it was pretty good..... or so i thought. I have it on good authority that he actually brought a live demo of natal and milo to a talk in trinity today and picked some random from the audience to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I was liveblogging it on twitter with a few pics if anyone's interested in reading back over it via @shoryuken_ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Well it was interesting to say the least :) I was glad to hear they are going to bring this back next year too :D Awh, college in the morning, well last time I seen my lecturers they where in the pub, so hopefully there gonna be as late as me :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Great evening, great speaker, if not a little pushy on natal. I was happy to hear that it would be optional.

Only downside was the tosser sitting to his right during the panel discussion who as an admitted 'non-gamer', had no worthwhile input, wasted a cumulative ten minutes speaking, and had no clue of the significance of the people he was sitting beside.

Also crackdown 2 looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

efla wrote: »
    Only downside was the tosser sitting to his right during the panel discussion who as an admitted 'non-gamer', had no worthwhile input, wasted a cumulative ten minutes speaking, and had no clue of the significance of the people he was sitting beside.

Quite the opposite, I think the other speakers were quite ignorant of the purpose of the event and didn't quite grasp the nature of the discussion, which was cinema meeting games. Remember, as much as this was a DIT games event, it was being run under the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival banner.

Molyneux is always interesting but his speech was more laden with Microsoft PR stuff then genuine quips. His devotion of Natal is a little infuriating because you know damn well he'll drop it 6 months after Natal is released and not utilised effectively by third parties (like eyetoy).

Conolly had good things to say but his jetlag hurt that. I also would have liked to see him expand on the "Crackdown 2: A northsiders perspective" title, just because it's funny :D

Having someone from Havok was just a way to get them on board with the group and have a few things to say. No mention of their work with film companies with their engines, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Conolly had good things to say but his jetlag hurt that. I also would have liked to see him expand on the "Crackdown 2: A northsiders perspective" title, just because it's funny :D

He was on a recent episode of 4 Guys 1UP if you'd like to hear (a little) more from him.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://podcast.the1upnetwork.com/flat/1UPYours/4G1U021210.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Quite the opposite, I think the other speakers were quite ignorant of the purpose of the event and didn't quite grasp the nature of the discussion, which was cinema meeting games. Remember, as much as this was a DIT games event, it was being run under the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival banner.

Molyneux is always interesting but his speech was more laden with Microsoft PR stuff then genuine quips. His devotion of Natal is a little infuriating because you know damn well he'll drop it 6 months after Natal is released and not utilised effectively by third parties (like eyetoy).

Having someone from Havok was just a way to get them on board with the group and have a few things to say. No mention of their work with film companies with their engines, unfortunately.

True, sorry if it came off a little harsh - even resituating it, the guy had very little to say, and it seemed like a wasted opportunity. Ideally, Aphra should have participated, imo. The emotionless comment hurt (as FFVII memories cut in :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Hey, there's pics from the event up... http://picasaweb.google.com/skooter500/MScInDigitalGamesLaunch?feat=directlink# :o Just found one of me in the middle of it, I look a bit too relaxed :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement