Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did FG hold O'Dea story for Lee's departure

Options
  • 19-02-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

A genuine question, does anyone think that FG were holding fire on O'Dea since January because they knew Lee would leave and could use it to take the light off them after Lee's deaprture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Villain wrote: »
    A genuine question, does anyone think that FG were holding fire on O'Dea since January because they knew Lee would leave and could use it to take the light off them after Lee's deaprture?
    Only Enda knew George was going before George announced it to the media so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

KerranJast wrote: »
    Only Enda knew George was going before George announced it to the media so no.
    LOL I don't believe that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It certainly to their benefit that they use this issue to media drain away from the Lee fiasco.
    Good timing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Did Fianna Fail hold willie o dea story until mary coughlan ryanair story came out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

LOL I don't believe that
    It's what ever FGer and other political commentator is saying so up to yourself. Most of the FG frontbenchers were caught on the hop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I flagged the issue on my Facebook when it first came out and was going to write a big blog on it, but then the issue just seemed to die.

Suddenly, a week or so later, it comes roaring back.

I'd say this is a distraction attempt by FG that paid off amazingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dont think they are that clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

It is very strange that this issue only seemed to be relevant, 2 months after it was reported in the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Worst political conspiracy theory ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

Then why wait untill half way through February?

Of it didn't seem important enough in January, why February?

I don't think it was saved for Goerge Lee in perticular, but perhaps for any turmoil that FG may have encountered.

The timing is strange. They should have highlighted this as an issue in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

I flagged the issue on my Facebook when it first came out and was going to write a big blog on it, but then the issue just seemed to die.

Suddenly, a week or so later, it comes roaring back.

I'd say this is a distraction attempt by FG that paid off amazingly well.

If anything its a distraction attempt by Fianna fail to take the focus away from the incompetent coughlan. willie is expendable right now, mary is not

Advertisement