Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Heavy Snow this evening especially in eastern/southern areas

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

i hope the precip takes the northerly jog i am anticipating, if not could be heartbreak for here!

I wouldn't worry too much - it'll probably rain! :rolleyes:

Off to sofa now with view of lamp post.

The radar always overplays precip when it's snow.
    So that UKMO radar curve may look all lovely and colourfull but it may be registering precip only half of which reaches the ground.
    1.6/-0.5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much - it'll probably rain! :rolleyes:

most likely...........:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy snow in Thurles at the Kilkenny v Tipp game, looks like the game won't go ahead :eek::)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like that band wont make Meath yet again! I could be wrong but Dublin 15 could well be hit again as the most northerly extent of the snow (if its snow that falls)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Heavy snow in Thurles at the Kilkenny v Tipp game, looks like the game won't go ahead :eek::)

Yep, it's on setanta now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

they could use an orange sliotar.

Light snow here now

0c

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

I was in Newport Co.Tipp about 2 hours ago and it was like a winter wonderland...Snow everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like that band wont make Meath yet again! I could be wrong but Dublin 15 could well be hit again as the most northerly extent of the snow (if its snow that falls)

:D:D ooh i do hope so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Rougies wrote: »
    Yep, it's on setanta now

is it canceled????

no snow in south kk despite it being in the north of the county, temp 2.9 / 1.9, way too warm for snow :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

is it canceled????

no snow in south kk despite it being in the north of the county, temp 2.9 / 1.9, way too warm for snow :mad:

Not cancelled yet but there is snow on the pitch so i imagine they will call it off.

Edit: Game just called off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    they could use an orange sliotar.

Light snow here now

0c

WTF - this country is all screwed up! :D

A balmy 2.8c here now with DP -0.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

The Today FM Puc Fada in Austria in January had to be cut short this year because of heavy snow! Maybe they could have a flashing red ball?

is it canceled????

Not sure yet, it's on an ad break, just caught the last minute before the break. Lovely big flakes of snow falling there.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

tinners wrote: »
    It should be reaching me in the next few mins

2.4 / -1.7

anything yet tinners?

Rougies wrote: »
    Not sure yet, it's on an ad break, just caught the last minute before the break. Lovely big flakes of snow falling there.

Yep, just been confimed it's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Rain :mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Going by the reports I think it is safe to say that the moderate bursts really represent where snow is falling on radar atm. I agree with BB that alot of the light stuff showing on radar is either a distortion or not making the ground at all.

tinners wrote: »
    Rain :mad::mad:

That's that for here so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

is it canceled????

I don't understand the science of snow but temp here in North KK is 2.8 and it is still snowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's cancelled. Talking about player welfare? It was a mere dusting, I've seen matches played in a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

heavy snow here now and settling

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Woohoo, snow falling in Loughrea, nice big flakes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

sarah101 wrote: »
    I don't understand the science of snow but temp here in North KK is 2.8 and it is still snowing.

i don't either . . .i'm just going by the fact that in january it rained when it was around 3.0 and didn't really snow above 2 . . .but things can change!!!

tinners those more moderate bursts will be reaching you shortly. Id say you will see some snow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

darkman2 wrote: »
    tinners those more moderate bursts will be reaching you shortly. Id say you will see some snow soon.

The DP was above 0 there but is back at 0 and falling with the temp

I sincerely hope you are right or my snow beers will leave a bitter taste in my mouth !!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Dublin could do well out of this if it falls as snow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Heavy snow here now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

i don't either . . .i'm just going by the fact that in january it rained when it was around 3.0 and didn't really snow above 2 . . .but things can change!!!

it's crazy isn't it. i don't care anyway,like a big kid, I LOVE SNOW. just went back out and it's getting heavier and really sticking.

Woohoo:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

sarah101 wrote: »
    just went out to fill the coal bucket and lovely lovely snow falling.

In north kilkenny.

lol, what do you mean lovely? The Kilkenny/Tipperary hurling game got called off due to the snow......

It's horrible snow outside :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement