Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Heavy Snow this evening especially in eastern/southern areas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

temp is rising here in saggart now 1 degree and dp -7 that should be ok for snow shouldnt it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

sarah101 wrote: »
    it's crazy isn't it. i don't care anyway,like a big kid, I LOVE SNOW. just went back out and it's getting heavier and really sticking.

Woohoo:D

Location ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

wheres owenc these days? Is he snowed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

:P
    Min wrote: »
    lol, what do you mean lovely? The Kilkenny/Tipperary hurling game got called off due to the snow......

It's horrible snow outside

Shame on you.;) There is no such thing as horrible snow!!!!:P

Saganist wrote: »
    Location ?

North Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

snaps wrote: »
    no he got banned . . .its very quiet round here . . .:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Banned.

Just like snow should have been for this evening, no game to watch now and it would have been great beating Tipp again :D:p

:P

Shame on you.;) There is no such thing as horrible snow!!!!:P

If I had a 4 wheel drive it wouldn't be so bad but the roads here are white now.......oh well did some shopping today for a snow event as you never know how bad or how long it will last.

Banned.

Just like snow should have been for this evening, no game to watch now and it would have been great beating Tipp again :D:p

no game to watch anyway with no setanta . . .

and its not even streamed online!!! they did the rugby instead!!!

*rant over, back on topic!!!*

2.0/1.0 here, dry still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

3.6C/-1.2C here, light cloud cover at the moment and can see denser stuff out to my whest

• Advertisement

If I had a 4 wheel drive it wouldn't be so bad but the roads here are white now.......oh well did some shopping today for a snow event as you never know how bad or how long it will last.

Yeah, I have 4x4 so won't be stuck but am in country area too. Last snow the council arrived up with a snow plough!

Yeah, I have 4x4 so won't be stuck but am in country area too. Last snow the council arrived up with a snow plough!

didn't even know that kk council had a snowplough!

irelandsweather.com gone dodgy again . . . Howth =11.2!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Heavy sleet in Newbridge

Temp 1.3

DP -0.3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Heavy sleet in Newbridge

Temp 1.3

DP -0.3

Hopefully things are moving in the right direction so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

rainy sleety snow,rubbish
    oh well another non event for me here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Heavy sleet in Newbridge

Temp 1.3

DP -0.3

Thats encouraging!! Let's hope the capital sees some snow, especially the Northside...!! :D

We never see the council around here when there is snow, last time they appeared when there was snow I was a child and they came with the snow plough to clear the road. It must have been around 1981 or 1982.
    You could have buried someone in the potholes around here, fill it up yourself and the council wouldn't know, not that I recommend any of that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Ha - the ECM is now showing this event!

100220_1200_12.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

arctictree wrote: »
    Ha - the ECM is now showing this event!

100220_1200_12.png

Indeed, makes a mockery of the rainfall predictive sequence after the news this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Thats encouraging!! Let's hope the capital sees some snow, especially the Northside...!! :D

+1

I kind of want snow. Just not the effects of DCC screwing up again without any plans to grit roads/supply water :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

so what band of percip is suppossed to be heading in tonight? The collection of clouds N/W of Ireland or the band out in the atlantic?

image.ashx?country=eu&type=slide&index=1&sat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Still sleeting here, DP -0.5, temp 0.8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

so what band of percip is suppossed to be heading in tonight? The collection of clouds N/W of Ireland or the band out in the atlantic?

image.ashx?country=eu&type=slide&index=1&sat

The feature is developing rapidly over Ireland right now and will push into England/Wales tomorrow as a well developed circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Ladies and Gents, we have snow and it's sticking:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Weathercheck is going to go mad when he see the precipitation weaken upon reaching his house only to reignite a couple of miles out to sea and head for Britain:D

why is the snow thread so quiet this time round??? in january it was packed, new posts every few seconds . . . .

and its not just because owenc isnt here!!!

temp dropping in kk, 1.8, but dp rising, 1.1!!! still seems a bit warm for snow, not that theres any sign of any on the radar yet :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

+1

I kind of want snow. Just not the effects of DCC screwing up again without any plans to grit roads/supply water :D

If it wasnt for that hardworking council we wouldnt have had the guy falling on ice on rte news...!! :P Still makes me laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

irishdub14 wrote: »
    If it wasnt for that hardworking council we wouldnt have had the guy falling on ice on rte news...!! :P Still makes me laugh...

I stand corrected ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Neither. We're just getting a cluster of showers tonight. The last of them are just reaching the west coast now. That band of deep convection to our north will stay there, as will the large frontal feature to our southwest.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Now snowing here in Enniskillen....well, if you could call it that!! :rolleyes:
    Tiny flakes, so small they are melting as soon as the reach the (non snow covered!) ground. Flakes are only the size of a pin head, can just seem them reflected on the light out the front of the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement