Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Heavy Snow this evening especially in eastern/southern areas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

tinners wrote: »
    As the newly nominated thread correspondent I bring bad tidings :(

The dreaded "drip drip" has set in here already, snow stopped about an hour and a half ago and thawing already

The news might be better to take if I was on video with a mental hat :pac:

When the cloud clears the temperature will dip sharply over the snow fields to -6/-7c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

Nothing in Cork City yet! Hope to awake to a blanket of white.

Any chance, you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

All over here in Rush.
    On a positive note, my satellite signal is back to full strength. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

When the cloud clears the temperature will dip sharply over the snow fields to -6/-7c

So im not sacked ???!!! :D:pac:

I predict this for tomorrow... go to 1:20 or so :pac:

LIGHT DRIZZZZZLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭joe199

tinners wrote: »
    So im not sacked ???!!! :D:pac:

depending on the charts we may have to let you go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

About 3-4 inches on the ground here, pleasant surprise!! The flakes were massive and quickly accumulated. Roads are very bad:rolleyes:

joe199 wrote: »
    depending on the charts we may have to let you go :D

Bloody recession !!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

So what's the next few days meant to be like in Dublin? More snow, freezing conditions etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Have a football match in North Dublin tomorrow at 12 o'clock. Will the snow have melted by then or is it to get colder? Cheers.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Have a football match in North Dublin tomorrow at 12 o'clock. Will the snow have melted by then or is it to get colder? Cheers.

I would say you will be safe enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

1.5cm of snow here and still snowing, roads are very slippy as a lot have not been gritted round my way, Dundalk - Carrick road is very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

About 2cms of snow here in Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well you were right "weathercheck" loads of snow has fallen here in swords. plenty more to come i'm sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Seems to be a slight thaw on here! Just went outside, and could hear water falling from the trees!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thaw on here too, snow falling off side of car and dripping from trees, i'd say once the sun comes out tomorrow it'll be gone in a matter of hours.

the snow should stick as the temperature will keep dropping over night. i just watched the weather on rte recorded from 9:30 and they say it is unusual that the jetstream from the last few months is way down south instead of where it should be up near ireland. is this a naturally occuring thing for the jetstream to be so far south ?

images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop3uur&c=&n=&tijdid=201022123

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Heavy fog -3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

very thick freezing fog here in mayo too, -3.7c.

Looks like that Atlantic front has pushed much closer over night. A lot of shower clouds off the Ulster coast as well.

image.ashx?country=eu&type=slide&index=1&sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Congratulations to those of you who got snow. Unfortunately not a flake fell here. In fact looking at the radar last night I think met got it all wrong. It was supposed to to be heaviest in the south and south east but it all went north to you guys. I suspect waterford and wexford - which were the shoe ins - got none either. As this was the forecast right up to last night it just shows its completely a nowcast situation all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Any thing on the cards for the country today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Congratulations to those of you who got snow. Unfortunately not a flake fell here. In fact looking at the radar last night I think met got it all wrong. It was supposed to to be heaviest in the south and south east but it all went north to you guys. I suspect waterford and wexford - which were the shoe ins - got none either. As this was the forecast right up to last night it just shows its completely a nowcast situation all week.

Couple of inches here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not a bit in Galway city.

Fog very heavy though.

Anyone any news on Galway city - Limerick road conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeh about 1-2 cm of snow fell here as well yesterday evening. There was a bit of a thaw when it stopped snowing, but it got colder, and now there is freezing fog, so its still there for now.

Is this atlantic front expected to arrive in the next few hours ? I guess all we can expect from it is rain, and some more rain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

Almost all gone now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Got abit of snow here in North Kerry too!

Maybe an Inch max,Fell about 8pm lastnight,Had been snowing/sleeting for alot of the day but didn't stay!

Morning all

So now we have got that outta our system, hows things looking for Tuesday ?

06z should be out soon

Rapidly thawing here....

In love how it "flows" off that metal shed next door to me !!!
    DSCN0814.jpg?t=1266744724

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

well after seeing the largest snow flakes ive ever seen in my life,I jumped out off bed like a child this morning to go out and play,only to draw the curtains and to my absolute horror its gone!!!!!!!!!
    cant believe it after an hour of rainy sleety rubbish,the heavens opened and the snow pelted down for roughly one hour,it dumped 2.5cm in that hour(can you imagine what it would have been like if it kept on for a few hours)
    hard to believe it really did snow....did it? or did my cans of Guinness and my childish love of snow make me see snow :rolleyes:
    oh well that's the Irish weather for you,bitterly disappointed i didn't get to make my traditional snow man :(

on another note this week is looking very marginal for sea level snow,away from the northern part of Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement