Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigs cheeks

Options
  • 19-02-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Butcher had some pigs cheeks, small cuts of pork without the skin on, looks like some cartiledge in thin layers suggesting a slow cook.

Anyone have a favoured recipe for these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My local butcher had a full pig's head for sale during the week, three euro.

If I had a pot big enough, I would have bought it.

In fact, I still might get one for the front garden! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Had them out last week in a 'Pork 3 ways' they were fantastic. Don't know how they were cooked unfortunately but I'm also interested in picking up a recipe.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Des wrote: »

Pigs head is legendary, i've not seen it since i left the west coast though, tescos don't do it surprise surprise!

If you fancy trying it, ask the butcher to halve it, it is often sold in half heads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Lu Tze wrote: »
    it is often sold in half heads

That's my question answered :) - I was wondering if they were bum cheeks or face cheeks :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

dh0661 wrote: »
    That's my question answered :) - I was wondering if they were bum cheeks or face cheeks :o

Bum cheeks is ham, so you have probably had that already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Bum cheeks is ham

ha ha :rolleyes: - I knew that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Des wrote: »

and so ends the mystery of the fan who threw the pigs head at Figo. Police will be around in the morning des :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Thanks for the suggestions - I've been reading British Larder for months - great site if a little complex. Sous vide pigs cheek is a strange combination - 2 quid for the meat and 750 quid for the equipment to cook it. Anyway I went for Madalene's recipe done in the oven. It smells delicious, but will have to wait until tomorrow to taste it. Needs another hour with the pineapple.

Advertisement