Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing signal strength on Netopia 2247nwg (eir)

Options
  • 19-02-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone.
    I have a question. I did it once but I forgot completely. Can someone tell me how to change the signal strength on the router? I remember there were 3 or 4 levels of signal strength "Low" "Medium" "Strong" and perhaps "Very strong". There was some command on the command line but can not remember what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Eh as far as access points and wireless routers go, the basic ones you get from your ISP's wont have a power setting on them.
    As default it will be max power, normally 100mw for legal purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Christophr

eddhorse wrote: »
    ...the basic ones you get from your ISP's wont have a power setting on them...

Yes my friend they have. At least this one have. I'm sure for 100% because I already did that before.

OKey Dokey if you say so :

Found this page with no settings that you mentioned

http://nemont.net/DSLModem/netopia_2247nwg.php#WIRELESS

If it is a command line then so be it.
    Maybe you should ring Eircom Support !

Although page 293 on the manual says :

set wireless tx-power [ full | medium | fair | low | minimal ]
    Sets the wireless transmit power, scaling down the router's wireless transmit coverage by
    lowering its radio power output. Default is full power. Transmit power settings are useful in
    large venues with multiple wireless routers where you want to reuse channels. Since there
    are only three non-overlapping channels in the 802.11b spectrum, it helps to size the
    router's cell to match the location. This allows you to install a router to cover a small
    “hole” without conflicting with other routers nearby.

http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/manuals/SoftwareUserGuideV76-Clsc.pdf

Advertisement