Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOP, Producer, Casting Director, Sound tech wanted!!

Options
  • 19-02-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm shooting a comedic short in Greystones (and maybe Bray) on the 6th and 7th of March. (I know, i know short notice)

The story is about a man who is besotted by a particular part of the female anatomy so much so in fact that it gets the man into no small amount of trouble.. in the end he gets his comeuppance.

I'm looking for friendly, open minded and experienced people to work with. Experience with lighting, lenses and camera would be a definite plus. I'm shooting with a SONY ex1.

It's (wait for it.. ) non-pay..(aren't you sick of hearing that :) I know I am.. (one day peeps, one day :) it should be a good laugh though.

I have a lot of the cast sorted but am having trouble with the lead. you'll see why in a minute ... have a look:

Cast

1 Young boy (5-10) - needs to look like the teenage boy
    1 Teenage boy (15- 19) - needs to look like the male lead
    1 Male lead (25 – 45) - funny looking with character (these three are the same character at different stages in life, roles i really wanna get sorted)

1 tough looking man (25-40) -

1 tough looking construction worker (25 - 40)-
    1 girlfriend (18 – 25) -

Anyone who knows of any actors for these parts or indeed for the production roles please contact me at: kenandemirsay@gmail.com

I'm also working on a supernatural 15min short, anyone working on this with me will be in line to work on that perhaps over the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you still need to fill all those roles then I would advise strongly putting the shoot back.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If you still need to fill all those roles then I would advise strongly putting the shoot back.

Great advice!! Wish I had thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mrpeech wrote: »
    Great advice!! Wish I had thought of that.

Hey, no skin off my nose if you don't take it. I'm just saying that it seems like a lot to take care of in the two weeks which should be spent prepping the film but instead will be spent trying to cast it.

Unless there's a very good reason why you have to shoot so soon then why not put it back by a few weeks. The film will benefit greatly from it. If you don't prepare properly it'll show on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Pauric

drop us an email if you still need help...

bp_productions@yahoo.ie

www.bpproductions.tv

Advertisement