Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library

Options
  • 19-02-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

The newly refurbished Library will open on Monday 22nd Feb
    New stock of books cds and dvds.Up to 12 pcs for public use,a fantastic reading area upstairs which overlooks the sea .There is a new lift and stairs.There will be a La Touche Legacy area.Great section for kiddies downstairs.Offical opening on the 30th.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I hope the opening went smoothely today. It's great to have the library back to the main street.

Just one thing to note. My brother pointed out the size of the entrance door to me yesterday and, I have to say, it looks very small.
    It certainly looks to small for wheelchair access. Maybe I am wrong, as I only had a fleeting glance at the door. Anybody else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Isn't it the same old door? I thought the front facade was left intact. Was there room for a wheelchair to pass before? I'd guess it would have been a bit tight, and a hassle with the outer door and inner door.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

The main door has been changed and there is automatic doors to the left and right,we had a wheelchair user in today and he never mentioned any problems.:)Yes there was a good crowd in today and the kiddies seemed to enjoy themselves.I know people complained about the exterior colour schemes but looks like we have to live with it:DBeautiful views overlooking the sea
    which was a big hit with people:DThere will also be an automatic check in for books too:)

Advertisement