Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boarding kennels

Options
  • 19-02-2010 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi,
    i was just wondering does anyone know any boarding kennels in the kildare area that is cheap.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Kilrott kennels in kilcullen is €15 a night. And a very well run place which I'm sure is important to you too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

THE K9 COUNTRY CLUB IS JUST OUTSIDE SALLINS IT CHARGES 15 A NIGHT I THINK THATS THE AVERAGE,IVE SEEN A FEW BAD ONES AROUND NOT WORTH IT FOR THE SAKE OF A FEW EUROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Folks,

I am heading away soon for a week or two and was thinking of putting my two dogs into this kennel www.blackberrykennels.ie.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have, if you have put your dogs into the kennels.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi Roaster,

Cant help with info on the kennels but you might have more luck if you post in the Animals and Pet Issues forum.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sue68

The Glebe house just outside Kildare down is great. Doreen is wondering and the dogs have a heat lamp, music and are walked everyday. I've used her kennels before and have no complaints at all. Wasnt mad about K9 country club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I second Killrott Kennells just oustide Kilcullen
    Keith is fantastic, the best kennels we have ever used
    We have 3 large dogs and only the best will do

Steer clear of Glebe House I won't post why but if you love your dog DONT put her/him there

Best of luck

Really??? Oh Dear, I had no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

Have used Glene House a few times after having a bad experience in another kennell, now I'm really worried as have dog booked in again soon. Any way you can enlighten us as to what went wrong? Glebe House seems perfect to me, Doreen is very friendly and set up on a farm in the country lovely. I find it very difficult to imagine her establishment being anything but well run. I did a lot of asking before i went to her and she came very highly recommended.

She came recommended to us too and we used her all the time when she first started as the years went by things changed for the worse
    I would NOT under any circumstances leave my precious pets there ever again
    would rather not go away than leave them there
    Im not willing to post on the open forum what happened
    Take the advice or not its up to you whether you use it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

We had our dog there just last weekend. He seemed to get along grand. They're walked twice a day plus a free run in the exercise paddock. He can be fussy about his food at home, but he ate like a trooper during his stay. Plus he didn't have 'kennel stink' when he got home, which we've noticed happening when he's stayed at other places. They're not the cheapest in Kildare, but the care is certainly worth that little bit extra.

• Advertisement

Is there anyway you can tell us what happened? I love my 2 dogs with all my heart and if I knew something was going on I would like to know as I used her before with my old dog and I would hate to think than any of them suffered while in care. Personally I like Doreen, she sent me a christmas card and the kennels are a little small, they didnt have that kennel smell that some have. I am quite worried as well as we are going away in early June and may need to use her again. Please, if you can let us know about your experieince.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

JAKEYPOOH this is all very worrying for those of us who are more than happy with Glebe House. After reading your comment I have contacted four others who use the establishment and everyone is more than happy with Doreen and her treatment of the dogs in her care. I dont think any dog enjoys being in kennels but once they are fed and excercised I think we can not expect a lot more. Personally I hate leaving them but dont have any choice in the matter when we travel. Glebe house is always packed with dogs at all times of the year so than in itself is a good sign ?
    If you say you had such a bad experience I feel the least you can do is tell us the nature of your gripe with them. i will be leaving my dog there very soon and dont want to go away worrying about what is going on.

If you are happy there then thats is fine, as I have said previously I am not going to post on the open forum what happened it was just advice which was what the OP was looking for
    I have recommended Killrott kennels so if the OP wishes to take my advice then that is up to them
    After all thats what the thread is about

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Just wanted to clarify my response since the forums have been merged. My reply was in relation to Blackberry Kennels in Newbridge:

"We had our dog there just last weekend. He seemed to get along grand. They're walked twice a day plus a free run in the exercise paddock. He can be fussy about his food at home, but he ate like a trooper during his stay. Plus he didn't have 'kennel stink' when he got home, which we've noticed happening when he's stayed at other places. They're not the cheapest in Kildare, but the care is certainly worth that little bit extra."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

flahers wrote: »
    I dont think any dog enjoys being in kennels but once they are fed and excercised I think we can not expect a lot more..
    My dog LOVES going to the kennels :D he gets so excited.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Roaster wrote: »
    Folks,

I am heading away soon for a week or two and was thinking of putting my two dogs into this kennel www.blackberrykennels.ie.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have, if you have put your dogs into the kennels.

TIA

Herself put her two babies in there and they loved the place and I would have no problem recommending the place .

Very nice set up and very well ran .

Advertisement