Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels in Kildare

Options
  • 19-02-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all

am looking for a boarding kennel for my dog in the summer in the kildare area.

thanks aisling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

have a look at ballymoreboardingkennels.ie. suzanne who is the owner is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

from another thread
    25mins from Newlands cross is a fantastic kennel http://www.kilrottkennels.net/

To be honest the website does not do justice to the place. We leave our fella there all the time and he gets so excited when we pull into the yard.

The dogs are fed a high quality food in the mornings and in the evenings they get a feed of pasta and mince. You can of course leave your own food there too.

There is a paddock at the back of the kennels where the dogs are exercised with a ball and toys and if suitable with another dog for play. The last time we picked Harley up he had been bathed because he had been playing in the paddock with one of Keiths dogs and got covered in muck. Then they get 2 long walks in a group a day.

The kennels are always clean but there is no awful bleachy smell or anything. They are large enough rooms and the runs are sufficient considering the amount of exercise the dog will be getting.

There are raised heated beds and walls between the runs as opposed to fencing so the dogs can't annoy each other during the day.

The only remotely bad thing I can say about the place is that they let harley away with murder! He's too big to be allowed jump up yet he takes a run and dive into Keiths arms every time and Keith lets him

Keith and Stella are brilliant and can't do enough for you. They have helped me out so many times when I've been stuck with no booking or I couldn't collect until late in the evening.

They both genuinely seem to love their work and adore the dogs. Harley comes back very tired every time and I would trust them to take him for any length of time.

Honestly I can't say enough for the place.

lrushe, do you have a little girl rottie who went into Keith for NYE? And a smaller dog who was with you when you picked her up? If so, I think I bumped into you on Jan1st. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

thanks guys had a look seem to far from were i live we where hoping to get one in naas, maynooth, clane

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

TBH I would sooner travel to a good, recommended kennels than take a chance on a place that's more conveniently located. If transport is an issue many kennels now offer a transport service as well, so it might be worth looking in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

from another thread

lrushe, do you have a little girl rottie who went into Keith for NYE? And a smaller dog who was with you when you picked her up? If so, I think I bumped into you on Jan1st. :)

No I haven't been down with Keith since Sept, though we do keep in touch regularly as he bred my Rottie so he likes to see how she's getting on and I email him if I have any questions. I have Brook booked in with him in July though, as you've said his kennels are second to none and his prices v.reasonable, I always recommend him to anyone looking for a good boarding kennels, you can't put a price on peace of mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

ashisback wrote: »
    thanks guys had a look seem to far from were i live we where hoping to get one in naas, maynooth, clane
    Kilcullen is only 10 minutes from naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

I agree with above - it will only be 10 minutes further than where you are looking.
    Our kennels are 44 miles from the house.

what she said:
    lrushe wrote: »
    ...you can't put a price on peace of mind :)

Advertisement