Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm gonna bottle it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Cabaal wrote: »
    claralara thats pretty handy you can run to work, get the work in to have it over and done with before you start your day :)

Yeah it's handy alright. And I always feel great for the day when I do it so I should really do it more often. Though it means having to be organised and have stuff in work which can be a problem for me and my sievehead! I'm not quite ready to commit to running with a backpack but maybe someday soon...:rolleyes:

Monday 8th Nov - AM
    - 2.45miles - 20.24
    I did this loop a while ago in under 19 no bother but I was fairly pooped after it this morning. Possibly a combination of the lost fitness and yesterday. It was a lovely morning to get out depsite my fears of the freaky weather when I was going to bed last night. I knew when my alarm went off that a 20minute run would serve me far better today than pressing snooze 4 times instead. If only I could always think like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

claralara wrote: »
    Yeah it's handy alright. And I always feel great for the day when I do it so I should really do it more often. Though it means having to be organised and have stuff in work which can be a problem for me and my sievehead! I'm not quite ready to commit to running with a backpack but maybe someday soon...:rolleyes:

Monday 8th Nov - AM
    - 2.45miles - 20.24
    I did this loop a while ago in under 19 no bother but I was fairly pooped after it this morning. Possibly a combination of the lost fitness and yesterday. It was a lovely morning to get out depsite my fears of the freaky weather when I was going to bed last night. I knew when my alarm went off that a 20minute run would serve me far better today than pressing snooze 4 times instead. If only I could always think like that!!

well done, it is so tempting to keep whacking that snooze button alright. Good on ya, for getting up and out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on the duathlon and you well deserve some custard creams after that :)

Hmmm… it was a pre-emptive treat…oops. *Runs away to hide in shame!* It’s day 10 since chocolate or sweets or crisps though…I’m hoping I’ve killed the monster inside that can’t stop the chocolate binge once that first delicious square of dairy milk melts on my tongue..

Monday 8th Nov – PM
    - 30 mins spinning – it was only 30 minutes but I think this made the demon drill sergeant even meaner than usual. My legs were very tired :( It was grand once it was over though. :D

Tuesday 9th Nov
    - 5.77miles - 52mins
    Getting out of bed this morning was soooo hard. I could hear the horrible weather outside taunting me; calling me a wimp. Well I couldn’t have that!! Luckily I got out between showers so that eased some of the pain. I knew I didn’t have much in the legs and I really didn’t want to have a run that would put me in bad humour so I just took it pretty handy – almost LSR pace I’d say. But it was the most enjoyable run in yonks. And I didn’t have to get up any earlier than I would if I was getting the bus – it just meant I was at my desk at 8.45 instead of 8.30. Which is respectable enough given that no one else shows up until after 9!

Eh…also…where has the footbridge over the N11 at the Radisson gone?? And where the hell has my mind been for the last month??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Good for you doing those early morning runs. I may have to join you if I'm to fit the training in but I am absolutely dreading them in this weather

• Advertisement

Wednesday 10th November
    I went out for dinner on Tuesday after work and had to have a few sneaky vinos so needless to say, I didn’t run to work yesterday. I did bring in my gear to go at lunchtime and then I got stuck in a meeting until 1.20. There were 2 voices: 1) Sod it, you’re not going to get 5 miles done and you’re starving, and 2) this was supposed to be a good week, any miles are better than no miles and you’re not going to die of starvation just yet tubby! Voice 2 won. Just an easy run along the canal – 2 miles out, 2 miles back. It must be an easy route because I was expecting it to take about 40mins with my slow running these days but it only took 36. Felt great, was so glad I went out. The popcorn for dinner in the cinema felt a little less bold last night!
    - 4 miles – 36mins :)

Thursday 11th November
    - 5.62 miles – 50.26
    (I forgot to leave tights in work yesterday so had to cut it short about 300metres and stop in the shop!) Really enjoyed this morning despite the wind (it alternated between pushing and pulling me so it evened out). I’m getting back to running without thinking about every step I’m taking which is such a relief. Work kind of happened upon me this morning instead of me thinking about every inch of road I had to cover to get there. Yaay. I’m enjoying my decision to just get out there and get the time on my feet without worrying about how much speed I’ve lost. I thought me and my little ole legs would be wrecked by today (5 in a row) but I’m actually feeling stronger. So training actually works eh….who’d have thunk it! :rolleyes:

Friday 12th November
    - Rest

Saturday 13th November
    - 11.38miles – 1:51:55
    I was really looking forward to going out for my first good long run in a long time. Was up and out by 9, it was a lovely morning – a bit breezy but not the worst I’ve experienced. It was a bit scary in my brain as I was heading up to Sandyford village that I’d be getting home to Leopardstown via Milltown...yikes. It was fairly downhill for the first half. Unfortunately what goes down must come up! I did, however, enjoy every minute of my outing. It was a nice easy average pace of 9.49 and made for a wonderful run. Lovely stuff. (Then I went to the match and spent the day and night on the beer and undid every minute of my good work:o!!)

Sunday 14th November
    Not in much of a state to attempt anything today. Gonna go for a walk for an hour now and try blow the fuzz out of my head!

So I just had the most productive week in ages – including the 3miles from the Duathlon last Sunday, I managed to get 34 miles in. I’m really happy with this after the last few weeks of struggling.

Going to aim for something similar this week: PMA WEEK 3 - The Plan
    Monday am - 2.5mile run (just around the block before work to loosen out the legs)
    Monday pm - spin (think it's only a 30min class)
    Tuesday - 5.5mile (run to work)
    Wednesday - 5.5mile (run to work)

Thursday - 5.5mile (run to work)
    Friday - rest
    Saturday – Movember 10k Race (wouldn’t mind trying to get a slow 6miles or so in after the race to get the miles up for the week while I’m in the park – I should be able for it I think)

Well done on a good pace for the LSR and even better for night on the beer after watching that rubbish match!

I tell ya I nearly inhaled that chocolate after the race yesterday; make sure you enjoy it after the Mo run next week!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

claralara nice long run on Saturday, your ahead of me miles wise at this stage as I just did 10miles on Sunday :)

Well done, great LSR. And it makes the indulging in food and drink that night, so much more satisfying!

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    I tell ya I nearly inhaled that chocolate after the race yesterday; make sure you enjoy it after the Mo run next week!

I think I'm gonna try hold off until the 11th in Waterford... And then attempt to single handedly bring Cadburys out of the recession!!

Don't get me wrong though - I'm not really being that good...Too much beer and a few tastes too many (:o) of apple cake have been consumed over the last week.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    claralara nice long run on Saturday, your ahead of me miles wise at this stage as I just did 10miles on Sunday :)

Ah but you're ahead of me time wise. I'm not sure how I'm going to get another 2miles in on top of that in 5minutes...

Monday 15th November
    - 2.45 miles - c.20mins
    I had a mental day in work and ended up running around town like a headless chicken for the afternoon. I easily covered over 4 miles in my suitable walking shoes* so the hunger and laziness won this evening and I didn't make spinning. :o

I'm going to check out Crusaders AC in Irishtown tomorrow evening if I get out of work. Not looking forward to experiencing that 'I play for the fun hockey team' feeling of my school days. Let's just say I was absent the day God handed out the raw talent of my generation!

*Not everyone would agree that my shoes were suitable....:rolleyes:

Tuesday 16th November
    - 5.74 miles – 49 mins
    I enjoyed this but I was feeling quite tired for the last few miles. This made me panic that I’m really not going to run a good 10k on Saturday because I’ve been ticking along fairly slowly the last few weeks. But I actually got into work about 3minutes faster than last week so I calmed down. Although that may be a mixture of a little more speed and green traffic lights. I almost didn’t make this run – I think Dublin Bus must be in cahoots with my alarm clock making me hit the snooze button. I eventually got up at 7.24 (7.30 would have to be cut-off time to run in I’d say).

Anyway another unbelievably hectic day in work. Just back in the office after covering about 5miles of the fair city on my little feet. Had a feeling this would happen so that’s why I hauled ass this morning.

Checking out Crusaders will have to wait another week. :( Hopefully things will have calmed down by then…pffft!

Great going! Don't be worrying, you'll do fine at the 10k - 'walk in the park' ;)

Hmmm...we'll see. I woke up this morning with an awful pain in my right shin. It hurts to walk. I have it smothered in Voltarol and strapped (but not too tightly). Obviously I didn't run in this morning on it :mad: I think I'll go spinning tonight instead. I really really hope it goes away before saturday. God damn whoever created pumps - they're nothing more than stupid unsupportive excuses for shoes. I would have been better off in bare feet! :mad:

Wednesday 17th November
    - 45min spinning class - ridiculously sweaty but wonderful!
    I should probably make a conscious effort to get spinning in once or twice a week instead of a run instead of trying to build up my mileage too quickly again. It's not worth it! And I love spinning. And there's some sort of class on every day.

Thursday 18th November
    - Rest

Friday 19th November
    - Rest

Today was not supposed to be a rest day but my shin was really wrecked yesterday. Feels a lot better today so hopefully taking it easy today and tomorrow will have it sorted for the Mo 10k on saturday. Fingers and toes crossed anyway. I won't make my decision until Saturday morning. PMA!! :)

I hope shins clears up for you and you're good to go tomorrow. Best of luck with it and sub 55 will be no bother to you.

An oversized pink man's shirt, 2 thick black eyebrows and a big moustache drawn on with eyeliner...I was mostly concerned about the questions that would be asked if I got caught speeding by the Gardaí or something. I also forgot I had no petrol in the car so that was an interesting pitstop at 9am of a Saturday morning!!

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this but sure it was only a bit of craic. My porridge was not sitting well so that worried me a little!

First km was downhill so, of course, I took off far too quickly for my ability. It was a hilly course and by 5k I was feeling pretty wrecked. My calves were really tight so I was scoping out a good tree to have a bit of a stretch. But then I fell into step with a guy who really kept me going. We were side by side for a good 3k before we spoke and I don't think either of us realised how much we were depending on each other (maybe I was depending on him a little more...). I was fooked by 8k and told him to go on but he said he'd slow down with me which was so good of him. I don't think he did though...I think he was just saying we were going slower to keep me going! Cheeky mare! I sent him on his way coming up to the 9k mark with the promise that I'd keep going and see him at the finish line. The last kilometre was pure uphill hell. My calves were killing me and I wanted to vom! (Nice). Had to stop and walk a few steps about 300m from the finish because I really thought I was going to hit the deck, I was so weak! I picked it back up when I turned the last corner and saw the finish line - I have never been so happy to see the word FINISH in my life! Got a big hug from my silent anonymous pacing buddy at the end - dead sound!

Gun time - 53.06
    Garmin time (courtesy of a colleague:)) - 52.41

I'm pretty happy with that I have to say - I couldn't have done any better! A PB anyway (whichever time I choose to blow my trumpet about...:D)

As usual, I've pretty much forgotten about the pain now and no doubt I'll be telling everyone in the pub this afternoon that it was just wonderful!

I'm currently having a pot of tea and I'm on the second snickers that was handed out. Screw the chocolate ban, I deserve it. I clearly need to refill the tank!!:D Couldn't be happier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good running there CL, enjoy the chocfest, you deserve a little treat or two today :)

Nice one, well done on the 10km PB and hope you enjoyed the snickers!

• Advertisement

Super run, well done you! I told you you'd do great! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well done on the PB, very nice time :)

Cheers lads! I’m definitely going to try work on that 10k time over the next 12 months. I’d love to get a sub 50 but I’ll definitely have to push myself for that.

Plan for this week:
    Sunday – 45min spinning
    Monday – Rest
    Tuesday – 5.7miles (run to work)
    Wednesday – 45min spinning (in the am)
    Thursday – 5.7miles (run to work)
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday – 12miles (I’ll have to get up really early to get this out of the way because I have a busy busy day on Saturday!)

Sunday 21st November
    - 45 min spinning – I had a teeny bit of beer to sweat out so it wasn’t the easiest of classes – did the trick though!

Monday 22nd November
    - Rest – ended up going for a walk for an hour in the rain to catch up with a friend – still classed as a rest day considering the lack of speed and the amount of chatting.

Tuesday 23rd November
    - 5.7miles – ran to work this morning with my backpack for the first time. I only had the necessities so it wasn’t too heavy – happy with my investment anyway. I also wore my high viz jacket coz it was dark when I left the house. Unfortunately it was a beautiful sunny morning about 30 minutes later so I’d say I looked a bit tardy!! I didn’t have my watch but I reckon it was a similar time to last week’s runs – in and around 50minutes. Good enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Your going well i'll need to get my act together to make sure I beat you in Wateford.

Wednesday 24th November
    - early start, late finish, no run, no spin, horrible take away for dinner in the office :mad: 'nuff said

Thursday 25th November
    - 5.7miles - 50.40 - nice early morning uneventful run into work.

Friday 26th November
    - Day off

Saturday 27th November
    - Was up at 8 to get my long run done and nearly died when I saw the weather. I couldn’t have gone out in it. It was too dark too. The annoying thing was that this week I had to had to have this out of the way by 10am. Decided in a huff that I wasn’t going to get out so just started on my to-do list for the day. Spent the day shopping, cooking and cleaning...why oh why did I agree to host a dinner party for 15 people?! Was going out of my tree by 6pm so I legged it out the door when I put the dinner on. I literally only had 20 minutes to spare so I only went around the block. The footpaths were in an awful state so I ran on the road where I could and was like a yo-yo up and down off the kerb otherwise. I was pretty nervous about falling so I’d say I looked like a baby bambi with every step. Damn weather!!
    - 2.45 lousy miles!! Grrr.

I hadn’t planned on doing anything today because I’d expected to have put away quite a lot of vino last night. I was correct about the wine... I actually feel grand now though so I’m going to go out for an easy 6/7 miles this evening. I’m heading to the match now so I’m just posting this now to make sure I get off my ass later.

I’m going to go out for an easy 6/7 miles this evening. I’m heading to the match now so I’m just posting this now to make sure I get off my ass later.

Nope

It didn’t happen. I was so unbelievably cold after the match that I put my pjs on over all my thermals as soon as I got home and balled up on the couch with a hot water bottle and a pint of hot chocolate. I couldn’t even bring myself to take off my hat and scarf. There was absolutely no way I could have gone back out in the dark when my blood eventually started flowing again. Plus it had gotten dark and the paths are in an awful state around me. I just sat in and ate myself an extra layer of fat to keep me warm for the winter.

Monday 29th Nov
    - 4 horrible treadmill miles this morning – hadn’t been on a treadmill in about 10 months and I’ve remembered why now! Though I’m going to have to get used to it if the weather keeps going the way it is. It was -3.5 degrees in the car this morning! Threw in about 4 X 400m at a pace that nearly had me splattered on the back wall of the gym just to mix it up a bit. My left foot and shin feel a little off now though…ugh.

I think my winter training is going to focus a little more on spinning and weights and a little less on running… sure we’ll see! Let’s just get me through Waterford for the minute. I don’t have high hopes for it all now but hopefully it’ll be a bit of fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Whats the plan for this week Clara??

Well done on your 10k PB! I only seen this now.

Are you still on track for Waterford?

I, like you had my 12 mile training run quashed at the weekend by the weather and now dont know how many miles I should do for my LSR this weekend (considering Waterford is the following weekend :eek:)

So whats your plan?

Nope

I just sat in and ate myself an extra layer of fat to keep me warm for the winter.

Snap - after run yesterday went back out especially to buy choccie biscuits saying I'd have a few watching the match. Sure whole packet was gone during that crap second half!! I'm blaming the boys in green for the stressful chocolate eating :). Hope you had fun at the match.

• Advertisement

yungwan wrote: »
    Whats the plan for this week Clara??

Well done on your 10k PB! I only seen this now.

Are you still on track for Waterford?

I, like you had my 12 mile training run quashed at the weekend by the weather and now dont know how many miles I should do for my LSR this weekend (considering Waterford is the following weekend :eek:)

So whats your plan?

Aaargh...talk about being stung rapid for my conscious decision to not have a positive outlook on my training this week!!

I could not be further off the beaten track for Waterford right now!! How about yourself?

Had it been a normal non-apocalytic week I would have been aiming for two 6-ish mile runs, one 45min spinning class and a 12 miler LSR at the weekend. Unfortunately this ain't going to happen.

So....back to PMA - WEEK 5 (I think!)
    Monday - 4 miles - check! manky on the treadmill but check!
    Tuesday - 45 min spinning - fail! My usual 40 minute journey home took about 2 hours so that put an end to any hopes of a workout. :(
    Wednesday - 4/5 miles - this will have to be on the treadmill at lunchtime and no excuse!!
    Thursday - 45 min spinning or cross training depending on timing.
    Friday - something short & sweet - 3 miles or 30 mins X trainer or whatever I can fit in
    Saturday - 12 miles...I really really hope I can get this in. I'll be very :mad: if not. I might have to head to a park but I've no garmin...hmmmm. I could just go and run around a green for 2 hours. How exciting! It'ss be hard to get the self motivation for this if the weather doesn't shape up.
    Sunday - ah a walk or a couple of miles or summit!
    shazkea wrote: »
    Snap - after run yesterday went back out especially to buy choccie biscuits saying I'd have a few watching the match. Sure whole packet was gone during that crap second half!! I'm blaming the boys in green for the stressful chocolate eating :). Hope you had fun at the match.

Since my training has hit the deck in the last 2 weeks, my diet has been abominable. I'm now embracing the christmas season and rooting out cover-me-up partywear for the next 2 months! :D The match was fun up until I lost the ability to even shuffle my feet to keep warm and my lips turned blue! I genuinely thought I'd never feel warmth again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

I need to make a plan for the rest of the week too, we should try and salvage something from this week! My hope is to get out for an hour or so at the weekend - I missed a 12-mile last week too but I think I'll only wreck myself now trying to fit it in before the half!

Aaargh...talk about being stung rapid for my conscious decision to not have a positive outlook on my training this week!!

I could not be further off the beaten track for Waterford right now!! How about yourself?

Oops sorry!!

Yeah I am the same tbh :(

Damn monster migraine yesterday meant my week has started out sh!te. I cant get to the gym until tomorrow which will mean a flipping WEEK without running. I am not happy.

Im getting a little downbeat again. AND I heard the weather forecast predicts snow etc until at least Wed next week :eek:

Guys, I am afraid Waterford isnt going to happen at all tbh!

Anyway I am hoping for 12 miler on Sunday, but anything over 8 at this point would be good!

runrabbit wrote: »
    I need to make a plan for the rest of the week too, we should try and salvage something from this week! My hope is to get out for an hour or so at the weekend - I missed a 12-mile last week too but I think I'll only wreck myself now trying to fit it in before the half!

Operation salvage-training is go go go!! :D

Wednesday 1st December
    - 5miles / 8k – 42.50 – just did this on the treadmill at lunchtime there. It wasn’t as awful as Monday. Maybe I will manage to get used to it for a bit. 2 hours at the weekend could be a bit of a push but if I need to, I’ll give it a bash. I just had it at an incline of 1. Back at my desk and I’m still sweating…nice. Another downside to indoor running is the heat!!
    yungwan wrote: »
    Im getting a little downbeat again. AND I heard the weather forecast predicts snow etc until at least Wed next week :eek:

Guys, I am afraid Waterford isnt going to happen at all tbh!

Anyway I am hoping for 12 miler on Sunday, but anything over 8 at this point would be good!

No! I’m the only one who’s allowed to get down and moan in here! Give yourself a few days to recover from the Migraine and then next week will come and go and we’ll all be in the same position i.e. pee’d off and doubting ourselves. The thing is though, if the weather picks up and the half goes ahead, we’ll all get there, we’ll all cross the finish line at some stage in whatever state, we’ll have a bit of craic and we can chalk it down and start to focus on new goals for the new year! So chin up and let’s get through the next 9 days!

where are we all planning on running at the weekend? If we get out on our feet for an hour we'll be flying!

Thursday 2nd December
    - Nothing done today...oops! If there's such a thing as a 'good excuse' then I have one. (I think!) New addition to the family today so I am officially a cool aunty :cool: As a result the evening has been spent eating and drinking...mmm champers! I'm actually a bottomless pit these days :)

I WILL get 30 minutes of something done tomorrow and I WILL have a productive weekend. I have a niece to train for the 2030 DCM!

Aw congrats on your new niece! Definitely a reason to celebrate!

• Advertisement

Hi Claralara

Any training over the weekend?

Unfortunately as you might see on my log I am being a wuss and backing out of Waterford :(

You still planning on it?

Friday 3rd December
    I managed to get a 45minute walk trek in the snow in. It was a round trip to the off licence for lots of red wine so I can’t claim any exercise points!

Saturday 4th December
    An impromptu 12 pubs of Christmas… No running! Oops. I took my first tumble on the ice despite having been uncharacteristically sensible and wearing my wellies into town. No major damage done, just a bruised bum and even more bruised ego!

Sunday 5th December
    I spent all day talking about going to the gym and even managed to get in and out of my gym gear about 3 times. However, I eventually talked myself out of it having burnt the dinner and hit the chocolate and the couch feeling sorry for myself. Then my brother called in and basically told me to get up off my lazy ass and go for a run! I suppose I have to thank him for his honesty… The hangover wouldn’t allow for a run so I went for the cross trainer instead. The last 20 minutes were almost pukey but I managed to hold it in!!
    - 62mins – X Trainer – Intervals levels 7 / 12

I don’t know what to be at this week or when the decision on Waterford will be made. The website isn’t saying anything about cancellation just yet. I will not be completing it in a decent time at this stage but I think I’ll definitely go ahead and run it regardless if it goes ahead. Sure I’ve nothing to lose.

This week’s plan is totally plucked out of mid air…:-
    Monday – 45mins X trainer
    Tuesday – 5miles (treadmill most likely)
    Wednesday – 35mins X trainer
    Thursday – 2/3 easy miles before work – hopefully outdoors
    Friday – Rest
    Saturday – Waterford Half Marathon :eek:

Sounds like a fun weekend. If last night's weather forecast is correct then there should be a thaw by the weekend - it's due to hit a balmy 7 degrees on Thursday! After hearing that I went off to pack my gear bag - I'm changing my mind about it a few times a day! At the moment I think I'm going to go for it, if the hip improves a bit. I'd say my time will be woeful and I'll be leaving my watch at home but the money's paid now so I should give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like a fun weekend. If last night's weather forecast is correct then there should be a thaw by the weekend - it's due to hit a balmy 7 degrees on Thursday! After hearing that I went off to pack my gear bag - I'm changing my mind about it a few times a day! At the moment I think I'm going to go for it, if the hip improves a bit. I'd say my time will be woeful and I'll be leaving my watch at home but the money's paid now so I should give it a go!

Feeling similar about it. Haven't run in a week, reckon I might just do it though for the sake of getting a 13 miler in.

All of the above sums up exactly how I’m feeling about it! I just think I’ve nothing to lose if it goes ahead. Race is paid for, accommodation is paid for, I have no other plans for this weekend because of it (that said, I’m sure I could find some way of entertaining myself should the trip not happen!) so why not! As runrabbit says – leave the watch at home and just enjoy it and as rainbow Kirby says – at the very worst treat it as a long run! We can burn a few extra calories in anticipation of Christmas!

Monday 6th December
    I was so wrecked yesterday; got stuck in work a bit later than I would have liked and then fell asleep on the bus which is something I never do! I did manage to get myself up to the gym – only because I’d posted my random plan for the week though!
    - 49 min X trainer à 3min W/U – intervals levels 7 / 13 – 3min C/D. As usual, I was glad I did it but my legs were pooped last night!

• Advertisement

Race is paid for, accommodation is paid for, I have no other plans for this weekend because of it (that said, I’m sure I could find some way of entertaining myself should the trip not happen!) so why not! As runrabbit says – leave the watch at home and just enjoy it and as rainbow Kirby says – at the very worst treat it as a long run! We can burn a few extra calories in anticipation of Christmas!

At the rate people are dropping out on the Waterford 1/2 thread it could just be the 3 of us running it. Or jogging/walking/crawling it in my case :( Maybe I'm mad to think about it - it's really going to be the roads that decide it for me, whether I can make it down on Friday evening or not.

At the rate people are dropping out on the Waterford 1/2 thread it could just be the 3 of us running it. Or jogging/walking/crawling it in my case :( Maybe I'm mad to think about it - it's really going to be the roads that decide it for me, whether I can make it down on Friday evening or not.

So the decision will be made by tomorrow afternoon about Waterford. I don’t even know how I feel about it anymore. Indifferent I suppose! Whatev trev! :pac:

Tuesday 7th December
    - 5 treadmill miles (measly incline of 1) – a slow enough 47 minutes.
    The first 30 minutes were actually grand. I was all distracted looking around me and listening to the radio and just thinking about general crap! But then I dropped my phone and had to stop for a second and when I started back up my legs began to feel pretty heavy and tired. At that point I was thinking how the hell would I be able to go for another hour and a half on Saturday?! So I really don’t know at this stage. I’m glad it’s up to the Gods above and not me to make the decision. If they think I should run then it’d be rude not to!

So the decision will be made by tomorrow afternoon about Waterford. I don’t even know how I feel about it anymore. Indifferent I suppose! Whatev trev! :pac:

I'm nervous about it already! I just hope I don't keel over or end up walking so much of it that it takes me over 3 hours

There we go, decision made - no Half Marathon for me this month. I can't do the 18th. (12 pubs of christmas is a valid excuse right?!)

Now I don't know if I have the energy to get myself to the gym this evening. I'm just leaving work...although I have my stuff with me...inspiring words anyone?? I need my brother to call me fat again!!

I think I'll challenge myself to do 13 miles on saturday now...weather permitting of course!

Wednesday 8th December
    - 47 mins X Trainer - intervals - levels 7 / 12
    Well I sucked the motivation from somewhere and hit the gym. Far more satisfying than spending money I don't have...eh :rolleyes:

4 days in a row in the gym this week - I'll be getting my money's worth this month anyway. Probably for the first time ever!

Thursday 9th December
    - Day off - socialising to be done! :D

Wednesday 8th December
    - 47 mins X Trainer - intervals - levels 7 / 12
    Well I sucked the motivation from somewhere and hit the gym. Far more satisfying than spending money I don't have...eh :rolleyes:

4 days in a row in the gym this week - I'll be getting my money's worth this month anyway. Probably for the first time ever!

Thursday 9th December
    - Day off - socialising to be done! :D

Enjoys the beers ;)

Saturday 10th December
    Longest run ever today! :D
    14 miles in the park with Menoscemo, Digijem and RK. Pace 9:50. Really enjoyed this despite having been very apprehensive about the distance and lack of running lately. I got a bit of a pain in my left foot after about 7 miles but Menoscemo took the world of physio into his own hands and led me through a few wonderfully icy puddles for some alternative medicinal therapy. It worked though! It feels a little tight now but I’ll get the golf balls and the Epsom salts on it!
    A day of firsts for me:
    - First run longer than half marathon distance
    - First group run
    - First time to go for a training run in the park
    - First cross country experience...:rolleyes:
    I probably deserve some sort of a medal?!
    It was great to get out with the lads – cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Well done..whole load of firsts there! Maybe the "rest" over last couple of weeks has a silver lining...altho dont let anybody who is posting on the whos not running in this weather thread know!!;)

well done Claralara on your running today.
    You did very well to do 14 miles.

Sometimes it would be great to be near Dublin so I could join you guys on such runs. :(

Enjoy your rest day 2moro.

well done on the 14miles, :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement