Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Mexico vs Korea FT20, some really good matches in there especially from Bala and El Rosa and MadKoF

http://www.twitch.tv/cafeid

The Cafe ID lads from Evo has their own stream, it's decent high level KoF play, it's on right now, I'm not sure how regular it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I went around asking several Gamestops in Cork for a copy of this game. Not one of them had a copy, despite the owners hearing it was a great game.

Alas, maybe next time! If I do get a copy, which version should I go for - 360 or PS3? Are there any problems with either?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I went around asking several Gamestops in Cork for a copy of this game. Not one of them had a copy, despite the owners hearing it was a great game.

Alas, maybe next time! If I do get a copy, which version should I go for - 360 or PS3? Are there any problems with either?

This isn't hard to get online at all. Not only have I seen it steadily drop down to about €20 new in most online stores, some places are selling it in their "Any 2 for €25 bundles".

I'd give up on brick and mortar on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

This isn't hard to get online at all. Not only have I seen it steadily drop down to about €20 new in most online stores, some places are selling it in their "Any 2 for €25 bundles".

I'd give up on brick and mortar on this one.

Just noticed that its available from today on xbox live in the games on demand section for €19.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just noticed that its available from today on xbox live in the games on demand section for €19.99.

Anyone know if it's also on PSN for the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If you're fine with a digital copy, by all means, go for it.

If discs are what float your boat, just as a random example I found after 2 seconds of googling: http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=king+of+fighters+13

€20.05 on Zavvi with (I think) free shipping, AND part of their "Two games for £25 deal"

I'd go that way personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

If you're fine with a digital copy, by all means, go for it.

If discs are what float your boat, just as a random example I found after 2 seconds of googling: http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=king+of+fighters+13

€20.05 on Zavvi with (I think) free shipping, AND part of their "Two games for £25 deal"

I'd go that way personally.

I got it for €17 on Amazon a few weeks back, you can still get it for that now if your prepared to wait 1 - 3 weeks for them to get it back in stock. I agree in that id much rather have a physical copy then digital for a number of reasons, but if you cant wait, go for it cause the games awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Anyone know if it's also on PSN for the same price?

It just released on PSN yesterday for £20 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Advertisement

These are pretty cool so thought I'd post them. The iOS version of KOF13 got updated with these trading cards a few months ago, but they have art of characters who never made it into the game, like Geese and Whip!

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/kof-xiii-p5.html

Would love to see some of these characters make it into the next iteration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

So I heard this is free to PS+ Plus people from today; but I can't see it anywhere????

Does ps+ content differ from region to region? (only got it a couple weeks ago)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/08/king-fighters-13-free-playstation-plus-members-starting-october-9th/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's US only. We're getting RE5: Gold Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Aw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Just came across this recently again. I've been aware of KOF for years but I've never really gotten into the series but I hear it's very similar in play style as SF? Also, is there any life online for this? I don't want to get this, play through story mode and then never touch it again because the online community is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

There wasn't an online community to begin with because the netcode is garbage.
    Which is a shame because it's a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

KoF is very different to SF in playstyle, always has been.

The footsies, the movement, the way combos work.
    It is its own beast.

I'd also rate it as, visually, amongst the greatest of 2D fighters (bested only by the SFIII & Darkstalkers series).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yea, I'd love to get into KoF properly but the fact of the matter is you need to be able to play online in a place like Ireland to grow a scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Cheers for the info guys. I am still tempted to get it because I got the demo off XBL and thought that graphically looks amazing. Not BB amazing, but still really good. But again, for someone like me where there is no FG community in Donegal, online play is my main source. My internet has improved but there are no two ways about rubbish netcode. I might pick it up when its €10 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Advertisement

I've started trying to learn KOF again, because I honestly don't feel like I'm learning anything in SF4 anymore.

Also KOF is prettier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I've been messing around with some characters and trial mode out of boredom of other fighting games.
    I'd be up for playing it and I'm sure one or two others would be at casuals some time.

I'm up for KoF casuals as well so I can consistently drop cr.b cr.b st.b xx c dp.

KOF13 coming to Steam!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/aug/07/king-fighters-13-making-its-way-pc-trailer-leaked-steam/

Would love to see this version have better netcode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

A rogue Xbox ruined my disc a while back so I'd certainly welcome a PC version, ****ty netcode or not.

Yreval wrote: »
    I wonder if they could maybe incorporate the netcode engine of their new Chinese overlords.

It's up for preorder on Steam now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/

£18.99 (for now), out September 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

"vastly improved netcode"

We've heard that before but I guess we'll see what news comes from the beta.

Don't play online much myself but decent netcode may well encourage more people to pick this up.

• Advertisement

http://dreamcancel.com/2013/08/16/kofxiii-steam-edition-will-come-with-climax-balance-changes/
    The closed beta will only feature Online play. We understand the importance of excellent netcode and so we wish to utilize this beta test as a means of collecting feedback on our new netcode. We will then use this feedback to further improve the netcode where possible.
    Dare I hope? Nah.

Also, this hasn't been mentioned here yet:
    In addition, "Iori with the Power of Flames”, “NESTS Style Kyo”, and “Mr. Karate" DLC characters are now playable from the start, for a total roster of 36 characters!

Advertisement