Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Went to the Doc's today

• 19-02-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I went to the Doc's today told him my symptoms and what wrong with me had a chat about if for a few mins then he logs on to the net to look up what he thinks it is. Well F me I only pissed myself laughing. He turn to me and ask's what is wrong I told him i could have dont that myself and save €55

He laugh to,

I know there is a bit more to it than that but it was just funny

Just look things on the net you to can be a doctor :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Did you pay the money? Fuck that in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Actually, this isn't uncommon...my Doc looks at specific medical sites for information sometimes also....the way he talks to me proves he has the knowledge himself, but he actually uses legitimate online medical journals (you need to subscribe to these and they are recognised academically) to keep himself abreast of latest thinking so I'm actually re-assured with his knowledge...I'd be more concerned if a doctor wasn't putting a decent effort into keeping his/her skills up to date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Well I would be worried if he had wikipedia open... That would pretty funny too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

yogidc26 wrote: »

Well fook me, what am I doing wasting my time in college? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not really any different to him going to his bookcase and taking down a medical book is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Well if hes registered on some doctors only medical help site and gets up to date info from there, then great. Its better than the family doctor that I had up to recently. The old fart never heard of t'internet and some of the stuff he prescribed went out with the plague i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

I'd feel reassured if my doctor did this. If he doesn't, he's assuming that he has more knowledge than the internet, in his head...

To be fair, you still need an expert to filter out the crap you can find on the net. I'd see it more as a free second opinion.

Still though it is funny to see, even though I don't bat an eyelid when my doc takes a pharmacy book off the shelf to look up a prescription...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

yogidc26 wrote: »
    I went to the Doc's today told him my symptoms and what wrong with me had a chat about if for a few mins then he logs on to the net to look up what he thinks it is. Well F me I only pissed myself laughing. He turn to me and ask's what is wrong I told him i could have dont that myself and save €55

He laugh to,

I know there is a bit more to it than that but it was just funny

Yea but we won't get €55 for the trouble!

Advertisement