Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help getting wrinkles out of dress - too late for dry cleaning

• 19-02-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I have a dress somewhere along the style of this http://media.photobucket.com/image/debut%20dresses/Kensington-Events/Wedding%20Plans/Debenhams100BlackTuckDetailBallgown.jpg.

I was planning on wearing it tomorrow for a ball, but just took a look at it and it is very badly wrinkled. I was wondering if I could hang it over a bath of hot water and let the steam take out the wrinkles, but I'm worried about the skirt losing shape.
    Alternatively, I'm going to have to iron it. I really don't want to mess it up. Does anybody have any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

My debs dress was like that and my mam ironed it loads of times.

Mam just said how :D low heat with a tea towel over it, Dont keep going over the one spot though. Then hang it up as high as you can from the floor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Hang the dress in the bathroom, turn on the shower with the temperature up full, wait a while, done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Thanks! I liked the idea of hanging it over a hot bath 'cause then I wouldn't have to do much, but I can see it losing its shape entirely if I do that.
    Will give the ironing a go! Really want my dress to be restored to its original beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Hang the dress in the bathroom, turn on the shower with the temperature up full, wait a while, done.

Yeah - but will that not make the skirt of the dress lose its shape??

Advertisement