Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepultura.. Irish date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Title says it all!

http://sepultura.uol.com.br/v6/en/tour_dates.php

18th of July, Academy.

Who's gonna be there?! :cool:

19454_283367296923_10403151923_4053912_4556648_n.jpg

..and save the 'boohoo I want Max' bull**** for someone who cares.

As I have yet to see the Green fronted version of the band I think it's time I checked them out, haven't listened to much of the last two albums, but have liked some of the more recent stuff they've done.......any idea of ticket prices yet ??? wasn't anything up on Ticketmaster earlier.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm prob gonna check em out over the other side of the pond but it'll be good to see them doing their thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Dunno the ticket prices, sorry, but no gig Iv ever been to in the Academy cost more than €26.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Dante or A-lex is missing out, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Caught them here with In Flames a few years back. Even without the Cavalera bros. they're still a force to be reckoned with live. Blew In Flames completely out of the water (in fact, I seem to remember the crowd being a fair "lighter" when it came to IF's set :P).

I was never too hung up about Sepultura not having the Cavalera bros, Im more of a fan of Dante and A-lex than I am of any of the older albumbs. I was standing in line to see Soulfly last February, got chattin with a guy who said he saw Sep in 95-96 in the Ambassador.. anyone know if they've played Ireland since then?

• Advertisement

Nothin about tickets on 'tickets.ie' , 'Ticketmaster' or The Academys site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

who remembers this clip from 16yr ago? sepultura exhausting their creative juices at their peak :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfA-7ot2k4

me in the red jacket at the start. isn't the lineup of the last 10+yrs still considered 'new' sepultura somehow?!

Star Bingo wrote: »
    isn't the lineup of the last 10+yrs still considered 'new' sepultura somehow?!

only by purists (read: saps)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Great band live.

Would encourage people to check the gig out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'd go just to see Crowbar live. If they support them. Hope they do.......Please f*ck.

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'd go just to see Crowbar live. If they support them. Hope they do.......Please f*ck.

What makes you think Crowbar are supporting them?

What makes you think Crowbar are supporting them?

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=52061
    Crowbar Announces European Tour With Sepultura and Gama Bomb

Dates are in April though. Snif.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Maybe that's just all theyve announced so far though, sounds like a good gig regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I wouldn't mind going to this....despite the fact that I'll be seeing them at Hellfest as well. Good support acts too! It depends on the price though.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Maybe that's just all theyve announced so far though, sounds like a good gig regardless.

Well on their official site (http://sepultura.uol.com.br/v6/en/tour_dates.php), the date is up!
    18.07.2010 Dublin - Ireland : The Academy

chin_grin wrote: »

I would love to see this happen. If I had the money I'd go to Europe in April to see this, although, just to be clear....please tell me that Rex Brown is still playing with Crowbar (just checked, yes, he is)

Ehh I meant about Crowbar^^^

anyone got tickets yet? I havent yet but probably will, hardly the same sepultura but at 25euros, thats as good as a cover band right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm there :D

They completely stole the show from In Flames in 2006. Legends.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    anyone got tickets yet? I havent yet but probably will, hardly the same sepultura

Yes, I got mine today, couldnt be happier :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I was never too hung up about Sepultura not having the Cavalera bros, Im more of a fan of Dante and A-lex than I am of any of the older albumbs. I was standing in line to see Soulfly last February, got chattin with a guy who said he saw Sep in 95-96 in the Ambassador.. anyone know if they've played Ireland since then?

Wouldnt bother the 'new' Sepultura, its like Guns n Roses without Slash and Axl, far to many metal bands continue even when the main band members have left. Arise and beneath the Remains....SEPULTURA!!

http://twitcam.com/mscl

Live feed of the Sepultura gig from Darmstadt, Germany.
    The dude that fronts Crowbar is currently abusing the German fans cos they're not good enough :D

Sepultura should start their set at 21:10ish Irish time, Check it out :cool:

that's cool, thanks, you actually just reminded me about this gig too.

unique link zizzle ;-

@andreaskisser: as they are due a dublin date per chance can you join soulfly and make them a more genuine sepultura experience than even sepultura themselves.. Paolo's fly n all, but he's just a bassist

"Who's the grand mother****er who threw the beer at me.. where's the ******?! where is 'e?! ill ****ing kill you!!!!,"

The germans do NOT like Crowbar :D

Star Bingo wrote: »
    unique link zizzle ;-

@andreaskisser: as they are due a dublin date per chance can you join soulfly and make them a more genuine sepultura experience than even sepultura themselves.. Paolo's fly n all, but he's just a bassist

:pac: and cheers

crowbar just finished their set.

Setlist:

A-lex IV
    A-lex 2/Moloko mesto
    Arise
    Refuse Resist
    Dead Embryonic Cells (was class)
    Filthy Rot
    What I do!
    Convicted in life
    Attitude
    We've Lost You
    A-Lex II / The Treatment
    Troops of Doom
    Septic Schizo/Escape To The Void
    Sepulnation
    Slave New World
    Territory
    Inner Self
    Encore:

Roots Bloody Roots

good thing Andreas is the most audible thing.. his solos are still ****n sick i like his style a lot

Policia! Titãs cover. cheers for the link ;-

http://twitcam.com/mx7s sepultura dicking bout in a dressing room live on twitcam..

are they broadcasting their entire tour? not sure whether this is pre-show or post-show

edit: they are headin out onstage now

• Advertisement

Not the entire thing, I know that so far they've had live feeds of 2 gigs, and one that they tried to broadcast, but they had no connection by the time the gig kicked off. That link you just put up is only a few minutes old me thinks. Theyre onstage in Aarhus (Denmark) about 20-25 minutes now.

edit: sorry thats live, theyre goin on stage right now, they must be late startin :)

Advertisement