Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepultura.. Irish date

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

another for the setlist, 'Filthy Rot' and 'Innerself' in case I havent mentioned it yet.

If anyone finds a vid or has any vids taken from the balcony, post em in here :D everythin on youtube so far is down in the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Oh! How could I forget? "Dublin! This is your... TERRITORYYYYY!!,"

and a whole load of Portugese mumbo jumbo I could make out to be, 'Policia'.

convicted in life
    desperate cry

Pretty sure there was no desperate cry!

Refuse resist was like the third song played i think.

I found myself :D too ashamed to admit which one I am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

JoeyD wrote: »
    Anyone see themselves here? :D

4805942863_9f00fc0938_z.jpg

Taken from this guys photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/damienjamesofarrell/sets/72157624535810398/with/4808814076/

That's me with no hair in the Suffocation t-shirt just left of centre, 2 away from the girl with the long blonde hair..........

really enjoyed the gig, thought they seemed to be having a ball to which is always good at a gig.....bit annoying when you are getting into a song and it's just part of a medeley, but they were certainly trying to pack as much into it as they could.......first time seeing them with Green and Dolabella - Dolabella is an animal.......great energy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

The crowdsurfers(me included! :D) were makin sure the security earned their keep last night! Savage gig!

ya gotta give the security working in The Academy a lot of credit - I really think those guys are the best I've seen in this country dealing with a Metal crowd.

• Advertisement

Definitely! I was watchin from the balcony for a large part of that show and they take a fair few digs from the bodies flyin at them, they still try their hardest to get the lads down and send them on their way promptly, good lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Here's some footage from the band, backstage in Germany, and it sort of explains what happens before they go on stage...which hilarious subtitles!

Also, they're coming back to Europe again, they're playing the Persistence Tour in December!

Paulo Jnr also went to the Guinness Factory on the day of the Dublin gig....you can find more information here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sepulturacombr/sets/72157624214881853/

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Ah man they were flippin unreal ,everyone just went mental was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Here's one of my vids that I've put up so far, was at the barrier just over pit to the left...shaky camera as we were having fun there too:D Can watch in 720p for good visuals too.

Still have more to put up lol, will do tomorrow:)

Did you record the whole gig? Id love to find a vid of me crowdsurfing.. it was my first :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I managed to record 16 songs I believe, didnt even think it was that many since I was fairly drunk too lol!

Have some with people crowdsurfing...not all are up yet but here's the youtube channel link anyway incase you want to try spot yourself in there somewhere:pac:

Awesome gig for a first one then!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭bubble_wrap

wheres max?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

wheres max?

A bit delayed. But he'll get here next Sunday for his gig at the Academy.

Oh, and since you're a bit behind

Other Notable Metal Events of 1996

Alice in Chains plays their last ever concert with Layne Staley on July 23, 1996. They later go on hiatus until April 20, 2002 in which Staley is found dead in his apartment after overdosing on a Speedball (drug).

Body Count drummer Beatmaster V dies of leukemia.

The first Ozzfest tour sets off, with headliners Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer and Danzig.

The original line-up of KISS (Ace Frehley, Gene Simmons, Peter Criss, Paul Stanley) come back together.

Bassist Greg Christian of Testament is out of the band, leaving guitarist Eric Peterson as the sole ever-present in the line-up.

Slash leaves Guns N' Roses, citing differences with Axl Rose

Sammy Hagar departs Van Halen, after a feud with Eddie Van Halen. Van Halen briefly reunites with David Lee Roth at a highly-publicized event at the MTV Video Music Awards, but fires him shortly thereafter.

Tim 'Ripper' Owens fills the void left by Rob Halford in 1993 as lead singer of Judas Priest.

Advertisement