Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotary Phone

• 19-02-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi, I have an old type rotary phone with the old 3 wire / pin connector attached. Can this be rewired so that it works? or can I get an adapter for it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i had one as well,called telecom they said it cant because its annologue and the new lines/exchange is digital. perhaps if you call them they will give you better explination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you are right joey.

rotary phones are pulse based and the new tone phones operate on a dtdm ( something like that)

basically digital and analouge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭Worztron

Around what year were rotary phones no longer used in Ireland? I recall seeing them in telephone booths in the 1980s.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Funny, only the other week I was helping my wifes Aunt move phones in her house. One of them was the rotary type, you know those awful creamy/yellow coloured ones. But it works just fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭Worztron

prospect wrote: »
    Funny, only the other week I was helping my wifes Aunt move phones in her house. One of them was the rotary type, you know those awful creamy/yellow coloured ones. But it works just fine?

I remember seeing those ones in homes a long time ago. Ah the nostalgia.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I rewired an old Ericsson rotary phone for use in the house and it worked just fine, only changed it when I got sick of dialling out long telephone numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Tow

It should work without any problems. The 3rd wire (yellow?) is just for ringing and needs to be connected two one of the other wires. Just try the it.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement