Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating Year2, extra fees?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently in the second year of my course and I have a project due at the end of March. If I fail this project I fail the year regardless of my exam results.
    I should have started this in October and I have still yet to start:o. Can't get the hang of AutoCAD:mad:.

So my question is what are the repeat fees for the second year of an ordinary degree course?

It will be €1500 +, what....... maybe another €1500 on top of that. If it's significantly more I'm jacking it all in right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ajxx

DIT was changing the repeat structure for many courses last summer.

go onto the dit.ie website and type in your course code. With a bit of searching you will find the relevant fees. All of these exclude the capitation fee.

HOWEVER...

Since 09 many courses have a fee per credit - so for this project you may only have to pay for the 10/20/30 credits that its worth.

Alternatively, particularly as its a project, your lecturer may allow you to repeat it off books?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ajxx wrote: »
    Alternatively, particularly as its a project, your lecturer may allow you to repeat it off books?

That's what I'm really hoping for but I doubt it. There is an interview related to my project where there is 2-3 lectures from the department and they ask questions on my decisions and conclusions and prove the work is actually mine and performing some manual calculations then and there.

I'll have dig through the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ajxx

Is your course chair approachable? If its affecting your work now surely s/he would be delighted to help relieve your mind so you can concentrate on it?

Failing that look up the retention office - they are the people there to make sure DIT doesnt lose students - maybe give them a call, say your thinking of leaving, but cant find out how much it would be to repeat X credits in your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

as far i as know you dont have to repeat any module you fail so youd just do the project class again.

my advice to you is this, projects tend to be difficult to do well in but easy to pass.
    make it clear that your having trouble with it to the lecturer, ask him/her for help.
    Give it a good go and youll get through it. theres still enough time.

if you pass every other subject and submit an attempt at the project, albeit poor, it will be difficult for them to fail you.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

€2319 for each repeated Biomed year anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Just wondering does anybody know what courses within DIT can i transfer to and what year i have to do??im currently in DT354 YR2!!!!

Advertisement