Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'You know who' broadband

Options
  • 20-02-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Ok so I have a fairly new account with E broadband,
    My first bill was due to be paid at the start of Jan (one every 2 months) I then viewed my second bill online as I didn't receive a paper one,
    about 2 weeks into Jan I got a letter saying bill was overdue and when I rang them I had 2 questions.
    1. I asked why they were requesting the amount of money that the bill was for (There was an extra unexplained 70 euro on bill) and
    2. Why when my first bill was due to be paid at the start of Jan, why wasn't my second one due at the start of march?

I was told
    1. That is an extra charge for broadband we didn't charge for in the first billing period and so I asked for them to send me out a bill showing a proper breakdown of the charges and this extra charge as first of all I didn't receive a paper bill and secondly the online bill does not explain these charges

2.and about the letter I was told oh that's just automated, here is a number you ring to tell us when you would like your bill to be due, whether you'd like to pay nearer the start of period or the end...
    so I rang the number who said no you can't do that until you've been with us for a year

Anyway after a couple of weeks I received a photocopied bill (not an original) which did not explain these charges so I then requested another one which I still did not receive.

Yesterday I rang them to ask where was my bill and they said if I did not pay straight away then I would be disconnected, They said I could pay in the bank of Ireland and gave me the account details so I went in and they said I couldn't pay there so I rang broadband company back and they said well you will be cut off blah blah

So today I paid with the photocopied bill in post office, came home was sitting happily using my broadband and rang in to tell them of my payment, when I gave the account number they said I had been disconnected but they would reconnect after I gave them the code (Now at this time I was still connected to the internet as I was using it)

So I gave them the code and got a message saying you will be reconnected, it could take up to a day and you will be charged a €22 reconnection charge on your next bill :eek: I hadn't even been disconnected so WTF??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Anyone have any advice before I ring them today to fight my corner?

Advertisement