Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new boom stick!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Best of luck Dwighet, no deer will be safe on your stomp, well wear
    your building up a nice collection of some fine guns
    all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Best of luck Dwight, fine job!Post up some groups when ya get a chance .

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Best of luck Dwight, fine job!Post up some groups when ya get a chance .

if we ask him nicely,,,,, maybe we can watch from the side lines when i find a bigger pit...... i'll be leaving my collander maker at home......

maybe we don't need a bigger pit.... just a good pair of walkie talkie's

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Nice Rifle Dwighet, best of luck with it.
    Looking forward to see results.

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

Hi Dwight, I Love it..!!! i`ve always liked custom/kit firearms and "That`s The Daddy" at this point i would add i hate you because yours is better looking than mine.!
    Only joking happy shooting and that a Rifle for life
    Regards T :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

andyone wrote: »
    if we ask him nicely,,,,, maybe we can watch from the side lines when i find a bigger pit...... i'll be leaving my collander maker at home......

maybe we don't need a bigger pit.... just a good pair of walkie talkie's
    Sounds like a plan ,bud !Ill leave it in your hands ,George ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

ejg wrote: »
    Nice Rifle Dwighet, best of luck with it.
    Looking forward to see results.

edi

Thanks edi..
    Had it out this morning for a barrel break in and a zero for 150 gn fed powed shok ammo and after a 15 rnds of clean shoot clean shoot I shot a 5 shot 1.25inch group at 200yds.......The muzzle break works a treat...Just a nice sharp crack out of it and respectable recoil......

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

dwighet wrote: »
    Thanks edi..
    Had it out this morning for a barrel break in and a zero for 150 gn fed powed shok ammo and after a 15 rnds of clean shoot clean shoot I shot a 5 shot 1.25inch group at 200yds.......The muzzle break works a treat...Just a nice sharp crack out of it and respectable recoil......

Whats Recoil/Kick like? looks that it wouldn`t be much..... and the does the muzzle break stop all the lift ? :cool:

Tricky1127 wrote: »
    Whats Recoil/Kick like? looks that it wouldn`t be much..... and the does the muzzle break stop all the lift ? :cool:

The recoil with the break on is good.Its not spooky at all.I was expecting worse....And no lift just a nice push in the shoulder....

rowa wrote: »
    best of luck with it , what size of hole did it leave in you bank balance if you don't mind me asking ?
    you would be looking at around 2500-2800...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Best of luck Dwighet with that fantastic piece of equipment. One word "STUNNING" Well wear mate:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

feck sake, i get more and more jealous of you every time you post pics of your guns, well you may ware with it anyway and happy shooting

ormondprop wrote: »
    feck sake, i get more and more jealous of you every time you post pics of your guns, well you may ware with it anyway and happy shooting

Thanks mate....But thats it now.No more ...The line has been drawn...Not by me but by the Mrs:(

It did turn out nice though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Thanks mate....But thats it now.No more ...The line has been drawn...Not by me but by the Mrs:(

It did turn out nice though....
    Thats what we all say:rolleyes: ah go on go on go on please please please.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Very nice Dwighet,very best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

That is one fine boom boom stick Dwighet, enjoy and safe shooting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Met up with dwight and clivej and a few other lads today and got to fire the "boom stick". Sweet as a nut. No recoil to talk off and very accurate regardless of ammo. Not a spectators sport with the muzzle break, :D, but my God what a rifle.

Cheers dwight and clivej for the shooting and the info on the Savage issue.

Ez.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Goddamn it!:D:rolleyes:
    The flippin' flip of the one weekend I'm not around!
    Jealous, that's what I am!:D:D:rolleyes:

Must have been a bit of a queue!

Delighted to hear the new bang-bang boom stick shoots as well as she looks.:)

ezridax wrote: »
    Met up with dwight and clivej and a few other lads today and got to fire the "boom stick". Sweet as a nut. No recoil to talk off and very accurate regardless of ammo. Not a spectators sport with the muzzle break, :D, but my God what a rifle.

Cheers dwight and clivej for the shooting and the info on the Savage issue.

Ez.

Was a good day out Ez....The rifle got a good work out and so did I.... Concentrateing on putting the xhair on the little dot a long way away can wreck ones head..

You've no excuses now lad, the rifle is doing her part............:p :D.

Seriously, some good shooting and she held up well to it. Its a splendid piece of kit.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

ezridax wrote: »
    You've no excuses now lad, the rifle is doing her part............:p :D.

Seriously, some good shooting and she held up well to it. Its a splendid piece of kit.

I must say I am well impressed with its performance for its first decent outing... It will only get better as it settles down...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

this rings a bell ..were ye in Midlands saturday with the new boom stick ? seem to remember a certain muzzle brake blowing paper targets off tables amid consternation etc, and much appreciative comments on a certain lovely rifle... I was hiding down the end of the 300 metre line with a black .308 ..

Hardly the one with the stainless fluted barrel and mod was it?

no, its an all black Remington and no mod...

Have you now.

There was lads and paper scattered!!!!! I had the best spot.....right on the trigger;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Trigger's the only place to be. Being beside it was like being slapped! Crackin bit of kit though. And not too bad, even without the muzzle brake. Wish you well with it, dwighet.

Trigger's the only place to be. Being beside it was like being slapped! Crackin bit of kit though. And not too bad, even without the muzzle brake. Wish you well with it, dwighet.
    fair play to ya.... your the only one that shot it without the brake...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

fair play to ya.... your the only one that shot it without the brake...

Well manageable. Only a little extra felt recoil. That little Blaser now... I like that you picked it up and laughed. :p

Still, shame nobody had a camera. Recoil doesn't mean much when you're shooting, but it would have been interesting to see the external effects of it on me!

• Advertisement

I was 10 feet away and I could feel the shockwave, even through my ear defenders it was painfuly loud..there was a funny moment when a guy sittin beside you nearly tumbled off his chair when hit by the blast :D.. as you said the safest place is on the trigger..Problem with such a nice rig is that the shooting enjoyment overcomes the pain of feeding it expensive ammo...308 is so horribly expensive that we are left with no option but to roll yer own...now where can i get me some powder, projectiles & primers... ;)

Advertisement