Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynda.com

Options
  • 20-02-2010 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Any one use lynda.com?

I'm setting out to teach myself web development. Live courses are way too expensive and Googling is way too time consuming.

$350 seems like a steal for all the information your promised on this site...unlimited for a year.

It's got good reviews and I know a guy who got it for a month and said it was great.

Whats your experience?
    Are there any other sites like it you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

never used myself, but someone posted a free 1 day pass recently, if u do a search u should find it

edit: post here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Thanks km,

It expires tomorrow so the timing is impeccable.

Nulty wrote: »
    Thanks km,

It expires tomorrow so the timing is impeccable.

I think that means its valid for 1 day.. so if you clicked on it tomorow it would exp mon etc :)

No, it actually expires today.

:D

No, it actually expires today.

:D

click on it now.. says 22nd for me..!

• Advertisement

Duh!

It was still yesterday in California when I looked at it!:o

Duh!

It was still yesterday in California when I looked at it!:o

ye I figured when I seen the time on your post..!

Did you use it, how do you find it? I looked at a few vids, but sometimes I felt they were over explaining some quite trivial points.. will give it more of a chance later;

I found it really good.

I watched some of the SEO video. The guy who does it is a bit of a clown but points you to some excellent websites.

I watched a tiny bit of the javascript one - she sounds like Jodie Foster on medication.

I got about half way through the PHP one cause thats what I'm most interested in. That guy was easy to learn from.

As you can tell, it relies heavily on coping with the instructor doing the videos but its pretty useful.

I'd recommend getting it by the month though. The excercise files aren't worth the extra money.

Advertisement