Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Returns - Very Cold, Snow, Frost, Ice next week

Options
  • 20-02-2010 5:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Discussion for next weeks prospects. Weathercheck has the weekend's prospects sowed up. A major snow event is going to occur next week. But when? In the meantime smaller snow events or showers are likely.

Also VERY cold at night. Probrably -6 or below widely. Be sure to check on elderly neighbours and vulnerable people. Severe Ice and Frost from now on. Any snow that falls is likely to settle with ground temperatures diving once again. Don't make stupid journeys like "up the mountains" etc...chances are your car won't be coming back with you. Be careful and use common sense on the roads. Also enjoy it if you can. It's rare enough.

Winds will be mostly Northeasterly next week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Im building my toboggan.

Watching the winter olympics has me in a great snowy humour.

Loved the women's luge.

Roll on the snowfest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

would like to know, when and where?? there was only one decent snow event in cork and that was for one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Met Eireann forecast: An Atlantic depression next Friday will bring more substantial falls of rain, with a high chance that the rain will turn to snow as it starts to fall on the cold air over Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Snow next weekend? For the whole wkend?

Crap. When is this arctic **** going to end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed but that the kind of thinking that gets you shouted down round here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I think we need a "Ice and Snow Hate Discussion" thread for Mike and friends! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The ideal scenario would be this topic would be titled:

The big warm up: mild, dry and sunny weather, temps around 15C.
    Oh well, no hurricanes, monsoons, tornadoes, droughts, floods, we had our hit with the meteorite so it could be worse......

We are bound to get more snow anyway as its only February, better now than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snow next weekend? For the whole wkend?

Crap. When is this arctic **** going to end?

as long as dublin airport is open friday morning, i dont care

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement