Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for 2nd yr Visa

Options
  • 20-02-2010 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone

Was hoping that somebody could clarify something for me

I'm currently undertaking regional work for my 2nd yr Visa.

Im in an approved town about 150km outside of Sydney but today the
    employer actually told me that his ABN is actually registered in
    Sydney!

Does anyone know if this will pose a problem when submitting
    my application or if it would complicate/delay my application or pend
    any further investigation into it?

Also would like to know if anyone has recently applied for a 2nd WHV, was it straight forward enough? Also, how long does it usually takes to get your answer?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

have a look at:
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm
    On the immigration website it just says you have to do 3 months work in a regional area. What type of work are you doing as it must be specified regional work i.e. farmwork or construction and not just working in a pub or a roadhouse as these don't count.

I applied for my second year visa last year and got it in 10 minutes but think they may be getting tighter on the second year visas since the start of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Doing farmwork so it should be alright from that perspective was just wondering whether the ABN registered in Sydney would be a problem.

Have heard of a few people getting their visas that quick before, must be an automated system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

its automated to some respect but if they check you out (like they did me )
    its not automated.... at the end of the day its the post code where u did the work that matters not the abn! so you should be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

From what I've heard you should take a few photos of the area and maybe keep a few receipts from the local shops and stuff like that. At least then if you are questioned you will have actual proof that you were in the area and the dates on receipts will help verify your dates. As far as I have heard, the types questions people get asked when they are investigated are - Where was the nearest town? What was the name of the main street in the town? Where did you buy your cigarettes? etc. Simple little questions but if you cant answer them, chances are you weren't there.

Advertisement