Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie and our money

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the back to work allowance.

75% of your dole for year 1
    50% of your dole for year 2
    25% of your dole for year 3 (if you were in a disadvantaged area)

Well poor Willie O Dea has resigned from his job(if I do that I can't get the dole) :rolleyes:

From what I understand he keeps his TD salary as he should. He is after all still a TD.:rolleyes:

But I have a problem with the fact that he gets,:(

75% of his ministers salary for the rest of this year
    50% of his ministers salary for 2011
    25% of his ministers salary for 2012 ( and he's not even in a disadvantaged
    area)

Its possible that Brian Cowen will appoint a new Minister of Defence in the next month, so we as tax payers will be paying the salary of 1 and 3/4 ministers of defence for the rest of this year and so on and so forth for the next 3 years.:confused:

Is it any wonder we're in the financial position we're in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You forgot his €100,000 lump sum for 'loss of office':mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

Why target Willy O'D in perticular?

There are many ex-ministers in the Dail that are also receiving ministers pensions.

Are you simply playing to the gallery by any chance? Another stick to beat him with?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

danman wrote: »
    Why target Willy O'D in perticular?

There are many ex-ministers in the Dail that are also receiving ministers pensions.

Are you simply playing to the gallery by any chance? Another stick to beat him with?

Far from playing to the gallery.

My post doesn't refer to his ministers pension or whatever other benefits being an ex minister would allow him ( which he is entitled to).

My Post refers to the fact that he will retain the above percentages of his ministers salary for the next 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Does anyone remember the back to work allowance.

75% of your dole for year 1
    50% of your dole for year 2
    25% of your dole for year 3 (if you were in a disadvantaged area)

Well poor Willie O Dea has resigned from his job(if I do that I can't get the dole) :rolleyes:

From what I understand he keeps his TD salary as he should. He is after all still a TD.:rolleyes:

But I have a problem with the fact that he gets,:(

75% of his ministers salary for the rest of this year
    50% of his ministers salary for 2011
    25% of his ministers salary for 2012 ( and he's not even in a disadvantaged
    area)

Its possible that Brian Cowen will appoint a new Minister of Defence in the next month, so we as tax payers will be paying the salary of 1 and 3/4 ministers of defence for the rest of this year and so on and so forth for the next 3 years.:confused:

Is it any wonder we're in the financial position we're in.
    There people who no longer have businnesses due to the recession who dont even qulaify for the Back to work allowance or anyother payment either. Ireland is run by politicians for the benefit of politicians - it is utterly corrupt !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Wow, how many jobs would that help to create if it wasn't being pissed away. Childcare for single mothers attending university would be a start, it'd go a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

I think we should all get a free Willie O' Dea toy with our Sunday Newspaper'
    Or a free Willie O' Dea for everyone that posts a reply for him," you'll have to see the author of this tread to collect.:cool:

Advertisement