Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs. Man Utd, Today 12:45, SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Cool finish by Rodwell.
    Everton outplayed us quite well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brilliant stuff. United were just so poor today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Evans shown up once again!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Johnny evans beaten too easily.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

evans has had a shocker.

a very classy finish.

the better team on the day definitely won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Great goal.
    Words I never thought id say but looks like Rooneys given up on this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's a ****ing impressive goal from Rodwell.

Well deserved victory for Everton, they were significantly the better team.

Evans and Brown were flatly awful, awful. Long hard looks at both of them in terms of what they can offer this season.

Carrick just awful, awful today, utter non-presence. Anderson needs to be given a chance imo.

Fergie was right, this was a massive game, and we've lost it. Badly. Chelsea likely to go 4 points clear now with only 11 games left. Gona be bloody tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

No complaints about this result. Utd were so far off the pace today it's hard to watch. Full credit to Everton, hitting a right patch of form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

copacetic wrote: »
    nah, it was curling back towards howard.

Yeah noticed that on the angle from behind Rooney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont want to see Evans starting in a utd shirt for the rest of the season

it just shows how reliant utd are on Rooney IMO.

so much pressure on him to perform.

there were too many passengers today in that utd team.

a very subdued performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

No denying it, I'm devasted with that. So far off it today it's crazy. Go to San Siro and beat Milan, go to Goodison missing two of their biggest players and get a hiding wtf?

Just can't get away with having Brown, Evans and Neville on at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Ferguson, decides to change from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 by taking off berb and park.

We, lose a goal and decides to go back to 4-4-2, except we now have owen instead of berb up front, obertan instead of park and fletcher instead of valencia on the wings.

Makes no sense whatsoever...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Carrick today has been awful, truly awful

Everton well deserved victory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Evans has been good most of the season but i cant wait to hopefully see Rio and Vida side by side next league match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Everton deserve the points. The sub decisions cost us the game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That was such a cool finish very good stuff

Headshot wrote: »

he really was appalling.

and after some stellar performances before this week too.

very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

What a feckin' result!

Two come from behind victories in 7 days, against the two top teams in the league. Beyond delighted with that.

Unbelievable calls by Moyes, "leave Bily on" I shouted at the screen, "what the hell are you doing!?".

"Take Arteta off!" I screamed, "he's clearly exhausted".

I want to shave David Moyes' back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Everton are going to beat the best two teams in the league in a row. Fantastic stuff! Moyes is some manager, working on a shoestring in comparison - Carrick £18 million, Arteta £2 million. Enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Andy gray complains that saha shouldnt have been booked for playing on after the offside, then complains that Rodwell should have got booked for both taking his shrt off and going in the crowd, and therefor sent off. he's such a troll...

PHB wrote: »
    Carrick just awful, awful today, utter non-presence. Anderson needs to be given a chance imo.

come on

ando has had plenty of chances and ****ed up more of them than i can count

just shows the state of our midfield that we have to rely on the likes of Carrick to win us games, it does boggles my mind posters backing carrick to the hilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Jesus fickle much. Two bad games and you write him off for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Everton were brilliant. Deserved wins against Chelsea and United.

The beginnings of this performance were there in the San Siro, people just choose to ignore our performance and focus on the result.

I think, going forward, we need to get Anderson back into the team and see if he can offer something. Beyond that, Nani needs to get back and maintain his form.

Let's hope Berbatov isn't out for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Really?

We never got going today. Very little supply for Rooney. Valencia looked dangerous first half. I think it showed how the game went how little we saw of Evra going forward. Really disappointing result and performance, European hangover it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Andy gray complains that saha shouldnt have been booked for playing on after the offside, then complains that Rodwell should have got booked for both taking his shrt off and going in the crowd, and therefor sent off. he's such a troll...

To be fair he said "technically" and was glad he wasnt sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Congratulations to Everton. They showed fantastic attitude and deserved to win the game. I feel sorry they had such a horrible injury crisis earlier in the season as they could have been battling for a Champions League spot.

United's reliance in Vidic is showing. AC could have put 5 against them on Tuesday. United fans must be counting down the minutes until he returns.

Distan owned Rooney today.

When Rooney isn't on form united will struggle especially with that midfield and defence bar Fletcher/Valencia and Evra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Carrick was totally anonymous for a midfielder I can't remember him making one forward pass that was of significance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I know your hurting right now but that's harsh. Young lad asked to fill Rio and Vidic's boots, you'd have to leave him alone if he has a bad patch. If Vidic had been with him I think he'd have fared better. But with Neville and Brown both beside him he was already at a disadvantage. Not saying he wasn't poor though because he certainly had a mare today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

that was just a pathetic display from the majorty off the team!

carrick did nothing at all for the full game, evans complety shown up for the last goal, hell the whole defense were shown up for all the goals! shocking display and i really think that this defeat will be a costly one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

A thoroughly deserved score line, wp Everton.

on another note, I wanted to grab Wes Brown and shake him around like a rag doll, brutal defending on that second goal.

United had too many zombies on the pitch today, most of them looked wrecked.

But take nothing away from Everton, fine performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Great stuff from Everton, only saw the last 20 mins or so but they were absolutely fantastic to keep United out. Moyes really is a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat age is wes brown? he really looks finished since coming back from injury.

come on

ando has had plenty of chances and ****ed up more of them than i can count

just shows the state of our midfield that we have to rely on the likes of Carrick to win us games, it does boggles my mind posters backing carrick to the hilt.

Listen, Carrick is just ****ing awful this season. Awful. He's provided lots for us in the past, but something has clearly changed.

For the rest of the season, we can't bring anyone in. Scholes can offer something, but inconsistantly and not for beyond 60 minutes.

We need to take a chance on Anderson, because he has the potential to offer it. If he does, great. If he doesn't, he couldnt be any ****ing worse than Carrick. And if he doesn't, we're not going to win anything this season, because right now, nobody is good enough to play next to Fletcher, and it's hurting us badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Post loss tramatic stress. We didn't create much and that was Rooney's worst game this season. I thought Berbs was excellent myself :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Mr Alan wrote: »

He is 30

• Advertisement

Jesus fickle much. Two bad games and you write him off for the season.

i know its harsh but he just keeps getting worse and worse

i understand having one bad game but 2 in a row now and even worse today, something isnt right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    When Rooney isn't on form united will struggle especially with that midfield and defence bar Fletcher/Valencia and Evra.

This has been Utds timebomb all season, obviously he's been in cracking form apart from a quietish spell in December but if he just gets tried never mind injured (and maybe thoughts of South Africa get inside his head) the whole team could be in trouble. That said Chelsea haven't shown themselves beyond odd, unexpected losses/draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ahem.

You wait for ages for a league win against the sky 4 then 2 show up at once. Tsk.

moyes record against top teams has been absolutely shockingly bad since he's been at Everton. Wins against united and chelsea this season looks like he is improving in that department. Start doing anything decent in europe this season and he may actually deserve some of the adoration he gets anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Has to be said Rooneys been awful today too, although not many have played well bar Evra, berba and Valencia.

Uniteds defending as a team was awful, just awful.

I know I keep harping on about it but Carrick is just a waste of space. It's depressing that he's taking one of the central midfield positions, such a crucial area of the pitch. A past Scholes offers more than him and even an off form Anderson covers the ground more and offers something.

I thought Brown, Evans and Neville were awful defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

caught the last half hour. Seems to be united are letting too much go through their midfield at the moment. Lack of spring in their step.

• Advertisement

did rodwell really get man of the match?! ****ing ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

RasTa wrote: »
    Post loss tramatic stress. We didn't create much and that was Rooney's worst game this season. I thought Berbs was excellent myself :eek:

Yeah, I was a bit puzzled whey he took him off, Fergie really messed up with the switch as Valencia was obv. making up for all Wes Browns slack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Good result for Everton.. Hopefully Chelsea will win today now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Jesus united were shocking today. Carrick & Evans in particular.
    Evans sold himself waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to easy for Rodwells goal.
    Carrick was woeful. There is nothing I can really say about him that hasn't been said already.

Fair play to Everton. Now United have to rely on Wolves and other teams to get results against Chelsea. While winning There own games. Gonna be a very tough run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mr Alan wrote: »

Imo he's now a RB and I'd prefer him to play there over Neville.

edit: obv today he had to play CB due to our first choice pairing not being available.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement