Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs. Man Utd, Today 12:45, SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

PHB wrote: »
    Listen, Carrick is just ****ing awful this season. Awful. He's provided lots for us in the past, but something has clearly changed.

For the rest of the season, we can't bring anyone in. Scholes can offer something, but inconsistantly and not for beyond 60 minutes.

We need to take a chance on Anderson, because he has the potential to offer it. If he does, great. If he doesn't, he couldnt be any ****ing worse than Carrick. And if he doesn't, we're not going to win anything this season, because right now, nobody is good enough to play next to Fletcher, and it's hurting us badly.

I never liked Carrick much and so far this season every time I see his name on the teamsheet I sigh. So sick of watching him. He's not completely at fault for today, it's not a knee jerk reaction, just really don't like him as a player and more so this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Osman and Donovan owned that match.

that, and the fact Heitinga and Distin shackled Rooney, made it a thoroughly deserved win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Everton wanted it more today. Great result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Good result for Everton.. Hopefully Chelsea will win today now too.

If they can't beat Wolves they don't deserves to be champs :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Mr Alan wrote: »
    did rodwell really get man of the match?! ****ing ridiculous.

lol, X and Alan in agree shocker...:eek:

Good result for Everton.. Hopefully Chelsea will win today now too.

Then go to the Chelsea thread and tell them that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

deisedevil wrote: »
    I know your hurting right now but that's harsh. Young lad asked to fill Rio and Vidic's boots, you'd have to leave him alone if he has a bad patch. If Vidic had been with him I think he'd have fared better. But with Neville and Brown both beside him he was already at a disadvantage. Not saying he wasn't poor though because he certainly had a mare today.

Too true. People often forget Evans was a rock at the back last season during their record breaking clean sheet run. I think you should cut him some slack, he is a fine young player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Rodwell man of the match. For **** sake.
    That's a joke and a disservice to all the Everton players who worked there arses off.
    Big deal he got a goal. Typical fyckin Sky. Hype the youngfella up to the last. He said himelf he didn't deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

very solid performance by the toffees. distin had rooney in his back pocket for most of the game. wes brown looked like he was dragged out of bed to play, he looked half asleep. michael carrick non existant, completely.

united performed poorly against AC during the week, but got lucky, and played worse today and were deservedly beaten..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote: »
    Listen, Carrick is just ****ing awful this season. Awful. He's provided lots for us in the past, but something has clearly changed.

For the rest of the season, we can't bring anyone in. Scholes can offer something, but inconsistantly and not for beyond 60 minutes.

We need to take a chance on Anderson, because he has the potential to offer it. If he does, great. If he doesn't, he couldnt be any ****ing worse than Carrick. And if he doesn't, we're not going to win anything this season, because right now, nobody is good enough to play next to Fletcher, and it's hurting us badly.
    I love to see ando succeed but iv had to many false dawns with him, its always comes down to his potential which he does have but he barely shows it, I dont rate carrick either but carrick is more consistent than ando
    RasTa wrote: »
    Post loss tramatic stress. We didn't create much and that was Rooney's worst game this season. I thought Berbs was excellent myself :eek:

thought berba was ****e today, miles better than Rooney(wouldnt be to hard) but if your judging him on his own I thought it was another fail for berba today, his link up play with Rooney was awful, not getting enough into the box and just his work effort today was worse than normal

• Advertisement

moyes record against top teams has been absolutely shockingly bad since he's been at Everton. Wins against united and chelsea this season looks like he is improving in that department. Start doing anything decent in europe this season and he may actually deserve some of the adoration he gets anyway.

You do realise Moyes has had a shoestring budget to work on, no.? And our injury crisis is probably the worst in the whole of the epl.

Moyes said Rafa overspent during his tenure, and I think he was correct... Liverpool now are struggling to beat unknown urine teams from somewhere in eastern europe so you should worry about your own team tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

nicklauski wrote: »
    That's a joke and a disservice to all the Everton players who worked there arses off.
    Big deal he got a goal. Typical fyckin Sky. Hype the youngfella up to the last. He said himelf he didn't deserve.

Pretty embarrassing alright and a big slap in the face to his teammates who outplayed United today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Everton not the most exciting team in the world but they have a great team spirit. United's response to second goal was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That MOTM is a bloody joke....really show's that it can mean nothing when coming from a TV channel!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Carrick's performance's this season have been inexcusable, ****e again today, his free kick towards the end was just pure lazyness liewise his cross on the opposite side of the pitch,evans was poor again today looks so shaky at times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Really tough place to go Goodsion int it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Sad times.... We lost to Everton :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You do realise Moyes has had a shoestring budget to work on, no.? And our injury crisis is probably the worst in the whole of the epl.

Moyes said Rafa overspent during his tenure, and I think he was correct... Liverpool now are struggling to beat unknown urine teams from somewhere in eastern europe so you should worry about your own team tbh
    funny thing about Moyes saying that about rafa was it was before the recent game, in which our team was cheaper than evertons, and we won at a canter with ten men.

Back on liverpool again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »

you serious?

that's embarrassing, an insult to the rest of the Everton team, and an insult to football supporters' intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

CHD wrote: »
    Really tough place to go Goodsion int it :)

You should try Old Trafford. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Typical Sky ****e... no way was Rodwell MotM and although the goal was good it was no where near as good as Sky are making out

Embarrassing stuff from Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Delighted. Completely surprised but there were great performances all over the pitch from us. Can't underestimate the off day that some of United's key men had too and I still fancy them for the league.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you serious?

that's embarrassing, an insult to the rest of the Everton team, and an insult to football supporters' intelligence.

Yeah. I couldn't believ it. Pieenar had a great game. Donovan was a constant menace on the left.
    He said himself I was only on the pitch 5 mins the other lads deserved it more.

seriously, what the **** is up wit ferguson? he seems to be accepting lately that they're not good enough when they lose games-something he has NEVER done, has he run out of excuses or desire or is he mellowing in his old age?

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    you serious?

Pundits seemed to look at things differently. LFCTV regular pundit Gary Gillespie a big fan of Lucas over past two seasons.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Delighted. Completely surprised but there were great performances all over the pitch from us. Can't underestimate the off day that some of United's key men had too and I still fancy them for the league.

if Rooney tails off at all, it's not going to happen.

too many other passengers too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Well done Everton , deserved , what can I say ,only one team on show today.
    As for MOTM , total slap in the face to all the other Everton players ,

m@cc@ wrote: »
    You should try Old Trafford. ;)
    Will be soon. Can't wait :)

riightttttttttt

Cue a forthnight of tabloids

"Man Utd in 35Million Rodwell deal.."

"Real Madrid Track Everton starlet"

"Ashely Cole with glamour model after the hull game and

RODWELL to the SAN SIRO....!"

*should be about right....

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Will be soon. Can't wait :)

The feeling is more than mutual.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    The feeling is more than mutual.
    That is what is great about it

That would have been a goal if it had gone in.

NO **** DION!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

seriously, what the **** is up wit ferguson? he seems to be accepting lately that they're not good enough when they lose games-something he has NEVER done, has he run out of excuses or desire or is he mellowing in his old age?

New chewing Gum , seemly his shopping in a new HEAD SHOP that opened at the end of his road . well that's what I heard ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

How about being honest? What else did you expect him to say.

Dream on with your conspiricies.

adox wrote: »

He could have started with ref's time keeping. Four minutes. I mean really :rolleyes:

If he had said any different you'd have been complaining too.

adox wrote: »

I expected him to piss and moan, talk about how they were unlucky, talking about the ref, maybe fixture congestion, their injuries, etc etc, basically do wat he has done for the last 20 years.

He could have started with ref's time keeping. Four minutes. I mean really :rolleyes:

Take it else where, sister.

If he had said any different you'd have been complaining too.
    Jesus-I'm not complaining. Just asking why the change.

• Advertisement

Last season United would have pressed forward in last ten minutes. Everton had the hunger at the end. No complaints whatsoever about the result

I expected him to piss and moan, talk about how they were unlucky, talking about the ref, maybe fixture congestion, their injuries, etc etc, basically do wat he has done for the last 20 years.

He only deal with facts, fact.

I don't understand why your annoyed with him? He's called a spade a spade plenty of times in the past and theres no defending today and he didn't. Don't turn it anything more than that because it's far more likely to be just that in all fairness.

lol, i'm not annoyed at him!

Jesus-I'm not complaining. Just asking why the change.

Sorry, the language you used and the way you put it sounded like you were complaining about him telling it as it was. I assumed you were hoping he'd do otherwise or something and were ticked off he didn't.

Ok I get that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Then go to the Chelsea thread and tell them that.

Oh hush

Ah, c'mon. You'd love to piss and moan about his comments. Anything for a distraction.

em, no.

• Advertisement

Oh hush

Nah, I won't thanks. Pool fan wishing Chelsea well in a match thread for Everton v United. wtf?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement