Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs. Man Utd, Today 12:45, SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mr Alan wrote: »
    valencia isn't 'quality', he's a good player, but nowhere near as good as evra/fletcher. I think its fair to say the likes of Johnson/Mascherano would equally disprove the whole two man team thing at Liverpool too. Just trying to point out how annoying it is to have that as a criticism constantly thrown at Liverpool when its more true of United.

I don't think it's true of any team, tbf. Without trying to drag this into a Pool / United argument, I would see Reina, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres, even Johnson as important players who all contribute to Liverpool's overall quality. Just as is the case with VDS, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Rooney.

It's the fact that people view football in overly simplistic terms - goals, primarily. It's not all about goals, it's a team game. It's about a number of players doing a job for their team, whether it's United, Liverpool, Chelsea, whoever.

Yes, Rooney had a stinker today. But Evans wasn't great, either. Nor Carrick.Conversely, Everton had a number of players who played very well today (Distin, Donovan to name two). See what I'm getting at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

tis funny how people criticize Liverpool for being a two man team. when in reality, united are utterly dependant on one player.

So what you're saying is that Rooney is better than Gerrard and Torres combined?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

adox wrote: »
    So you are saying United are more reliant on Rooney than Liverpool are on Gerrard and torres? you can't in all seriousness think that?
    Em, yea i do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Chelsea without Drogba this season would be a different outfit.

Pool without Torres - we can see how they have suffered.

Every team has a main man, and most will suffer without him.
    I agree, just enjoy pointing it out that United are very reliant on Rooney when the fans think they aren't.

Boggles you know well United would be screwed without him this year.

Childish post tbh
    How? No Drogba, Unbeaten. Chelsea don't rely on one player like United do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Aren't you like 8 points off Liverpool and City? And potentially Villa? Not happening tbh.

6 behind Liverpool, 7 off City, and they play each other tomorrow.

This time last month we were 10 points behind Birmingham, now we're ahead of them, what's your point?

We also have a very comfortable run in for the final 11 games after Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CHD wrote: »
    Lads did you see Chelsea in January? Unbeaten.

Next!

But yet you where to much of a pussy/busto to take me up on my bet. All talk after the event as usual.

rarnes-exactly, however, it only seems to be against Liverpool where it used as an extreme criticism.

Don't want to discuss our team on this thread but yeah it is alright.

It's a stupid arguement tbh

PHB wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that Rooney is better than Gerrard and Torres combined?
    Last few weeks Yea! Ha ha only messing ;) no i'm saying all season we've heard pundits and fans say Liverpool are reliant on Torres and Gerrard, both of whom have been injured the majority of the season, magnifying our ****e form, yet all top teams rely on their best players, Liverpool are lucky to have two truly world class attacking players, but yet we are slated for relying on them when the truth is anyone would rely on them. Its annoying, thats all.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    But yet you where to much of a pussy/busto to take me up on my bet. All talk after the event as usual.
    Yeah I was wrong. Did I not already say that. I don' mind being wrong when I think we will be behind but end up on top.

lol RasTa at saying I'm busto you child. United fans lol. I said United will lose today and they are reliant on Rooney before. Whats your point? Go cry somewhere else.

How? No Drogba, Unbeaten. Chelsea don't rely on one player like United do.

Yeah but take away his 20+ goals this season and things would be different??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Boggles you know well United would be screwed without him this year.

How can anyone possibly know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Em, yea i do.

My Liverpool friends who are staunch suppoters for many years, wouldn't even claim that. I still don't know if you are being serious.

Columbia wrote: »
    6 behind Liverpool, 7 off City, and they play each other tomorrow.

This time last month we were 10 points behind Birmingham, now we're ahead of them, what's your point?

We also have a very comfortable run in for the final 11 games after Spurs.
    Wanna put some money on it? If it was one team you'd have to overtake, you'd have an outside chance, but its 4, all of whom have a better squad than yous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Enjoying this lads, carry on, especially the Scousers.

Very concerned at how Everton overpowered United in the closing stages today. If you were from a different planet you'd have thought they were the title challengers, the way they found another gear at the end.

I blame Michael Carrick, everything that is wrong with the world is his fault IMO.

• Advertisement

Yeah but take away his 20+ goals this season and things would be different??
    Of course, maybe 9 points worse off at a guess since there is plenty of others who can do his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Last few weeks Yea! Ha ha only messing ;) no i'm saying all season we've heard pundits and fans say Liverpool are reliant on Torres and Gerrard, both of whom have been injured the majority of the season, magnifying our ****e form, yet all top teams rely on their best players, Liverpool are lucky to have two truly world class attacking players, but yet we are slated for relying on them when the truth is anyone would rely on them. Its annoying, thats all.

So let me get this right?

You get extremely annoyed at pundits and other fans who constantly talk about how Liverpool are a two man team.

So therefore, what you decide to do, is do the exact same to United fans, even though you don't actually agree with it?

What exactly do you expect to happen by doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is turning into a fascination discussion of the game today....

You get extremely annoyed at pundits and other fans who constantly talk about how Liverpool are a two man team.

So therefore, what you decide to do, is do the exact same to United fans, even though you don't actually agree with it?

I think I know the answer to this.:)

I also think you've answered your own question by making that post.

this is turning into a fascination discussion of the game today....
    Back on topic so. 3-1 was it? :)

• Advertisement

I didn't criticise Ferguson or United for depending on Rooney, just pointed out how its a criticism made about other teams and managers that Utd seem immune to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Fair play to Everton, they looked really up for the game today. Utd played poor and didnt look too interested. Great attitude trying to win the prem:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was bloody terrible football.

It was so, messy. It felt like the pitch was double the size coz Everton seemed to be given so much space. They took their goals so well though.

I thought Evra looked tired but he still didn't look like the worst player on the pitch. The guy needs a rest I think. Evans and Brown = NO!

It's going to be really hard to get in front of Chelsea now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Back on topic so. 3-1 was it? :)

Everton were sharp and carried off some great midfield passing. Saha did some nice holding up play too. United lacked creativity through the centre of the midfield (as usual)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Everton were sharp and carried off some great midfield passing. Saha did some nice holding up play too. United lacked creativity through the centre of the midfield (as usual)

you think paul scholes lacks creativity through the centre of midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Great performance by Everton, especially considering they were missing key midfielders Cahill and Felaini. Special kudos to their young players like Gosling and Rodwell. They look real stars for the future.

deisedevil wrote:
    I can take losing and getting a slagging but like most people
    No, obviously you can't. You can spout BS all you like though I enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

deisedevil wrote: »
    I think everyone enjoys some witty banter but you know those muppets who come out with the same boring comments all the time, just over and over reminding people of the score or over and over laughing at a rivals poor result, that's got to be one of the saddest fans of football, the guy who's loud obnoxious and impossible to even have a laugh with.
    I can take losing and getting a slagging but like most people I can't stand morons who haven't even got the smarts to do it with some bit of class rather than sound like a bit of a child.
    Not nice to be on the losing side is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

No, obviously you can't. You can spout BS all you like though I enjoy it.

Sshhhhhhh son, some day you'll grow up and hopefully you'll learn to be a better person. Until then continue being annoying and wondering why you aint liked for it.

I have enjoyed the contribution of the Scousers to this thread quite immensely. Well played sirs.:)

• Advertisement

Yes posters could learn a thing or two from us about restraint. But what goes around comes around.

Not nice to be on the losing side is it?

Nope, never is. But me having a go at CHD is nothing to do with losing today. Every time United lose there's gonna be tons of slagging, it's inevitable and any football fan that's been around a while would know this and expect it. (pretty pbvious)
    Outside of boards the more obnoxious fans can be avoided but it's pretty depressing seeing someone like CHD make the same unfunny remarks every single United match thread. It's like f***ing groundhog day, and I enjoy posting on here but it's taking the good out of it seeing the same crap over and over.

Nope, never is. But me having a go at CHD is nothing to do with losing today. Every time United lose there's gonna be tons of slagging, it's inevitable and any football fan that's been around a while would know this and expect it. (pretty pbvious)
    Outside of boards the more obnoxious fans can be avoided but it's pretty depressing seeing someone like CHD make the same unfunny remarks every single United match thread. It's like f***ing groundhog day, and I enjoy posting on here but it's taking the good out of it seeing the same crap over and over.
    agree but thats how it goes around here. Walk away or take it full on.

Sshhhhhhh son, some day you'll grow up and hopefully you'll learn to be a better person. Until then continue being annoying and wondering why you aint liked for it.
    lol you need to grow up. Especially in those pm's you send crying to me and mods. You will get over the result soon kid, don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    you think paul scholes lacks creativity through the centre of midfield?

I don't think he is the kind of player (any more obviously) that grabs a game and drives the team on in attack. We need a stronger centre midfielder to do that. I'm getting impatient with Anderson not being that player

lol you need to grow up. Especially in those pm's you send crying to me and mods. You will get over the result soon kid, don't worry.

I'll get over the result but will you ever stop being obnoxious? Doubt it.

I'll get over the result but will you ever stop being obnoxious? Doubt it.
    Im not. You think I am because I don't talk up United and question them in the United thread. Put me on ignore.

Im not. You think I am because I don't talk up United and question them in the United thread. Put me on ignore.
    There goes the common denominator theory. Two posters unhappy now. Mods take note

There goes the common denominator theory. Two posters unhappy now. Mods take note
    What? Are you just stoned off your nut all day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What? Are you just stoned off your nut all day?
    This made me lol so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think everyone enjoys some witty banter but you know those muppets who come out with the same boring comments all the time, just over and over reminding people of the score or over and over laughing at a rivals poor result, that's got to be one of the saddest fans of football, the guy who's loud obnoxious and impossible to even have a laugh with.
    I can take losing and getting a slagging but like most people I can't stand morons who haven't even got the smarts to do it with some bit of class rather than sound like a bit of a child.

You should call into a Liverpool match thread when they lose a game to see how many Man Utd, Everton or Chelsea fans call in to try and stir it up.

Referring to this post CHD. Why should poster have to put you on ignore. How many posters does it take to make a complaint before folks realize there is a problem. But you are not the worst here by any stretch of the imagination.
    Lucky Lloyd, myself and poster on previous page have all said it. We are a community. Not a dictatorship. Yet at the moment its the other way round. Do we want to make things work around here or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have enjoyed the contribution of the Scousers to this thread quite immensely. Well played sirs.:)

HAHAHAHAHA FLAHAVAJ YOUR TEAM LOST TODAY THAT MAKES YOU A LOOOOOOOOOOSSSSEERRRRR

biff.jpg

You should call into a Liverpool match thread when they lose a game to see how many Man Utd, Everton or Chelsea fans call in to try and stir it up.
    So how do we proceed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

WTF what strip were they playing with today, tell me it wasn't the grey.

• Advertisement

JJJJNR wrote: »
    WTF what strip were they playing with today, tell me it wasn't the grey.
    Very good shot of two neville brothers at start if you missed it. Im guessing Phil wont be coming round for sunday dinner tomorrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I can see united bouncing back from this with straight wins for the rest of the season... :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So how do we proceed?

Cant take it, don't dish it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Cant take it, don't dish it out

Problem is that some have been giving it out for a long time now and others had no choice but to take it. Can you blame someone for wanting to give a bit back?

Problem is that some have been giving it out for a long time now and others had no choice but to take it. Can you blame someone for wanting to give a bit back?
    yes but what do we do. Carry on like this and stay at each other throats or put our differences aside.
    As such I propose that we move on. Anyone interested can put their names (thanks) to post linked below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64566255&postcount=1091

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement