Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV 3 9pm Monday Night Sho On Heroin In Cork

Options
  • 20-02-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

That guy Donal Mcyentire is investigating the heroin epidemic in the city. Thought I'd post to let ya'll know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Oh nice one, thanks for the notification, might tune in as I keep hearing about how bad the heroin problem in the city is...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Wonder how well it's done, informative or nay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nialljf wrote: »
    Wonder how well it's done, informative or nay

knowing TV3 they will probably take a sensationalist tabloid view on it, just like that awful program about lawless streets in Ireland or whatever it was called.

Apparently there were 10 to 15 heroin addicts squatting in the Lough Tavern for the last few months. The pub had been derelict for a few years. The place was partially demolished last weekend after going up in flames. A chap I know had his house burgled by a junkie 6 weeks ago, there is quite a problem. Two years ago a chap died in a house in Earlwood Estate after taking an overdose.

I have heard that there is a rather sinister way of folks recruiting new users to sell to to feed their habits, at house parties and other social gatherings joints are laced with heroin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for the heads up,I'll be watching this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

They filmed down the docks I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i will tune in too but i have to agree with run forrest.. tv 3 had gone to the dogs lately , real gutter tv. might be pleasantly surprised... we ll see !

I reckon 'twill be muck.

Not overly impressive, don't think they illustrated the scale of the problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Yeah not great, avery superficial look at the problem i thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nothing startling about it really, but I enjoyed watching Bill Cullen [on the Frontline] tell the young unemployed of today to cop on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

They didnt say much about the heroin problem in cork,it was pretty much all about dunlough bay,and those drugs were heading for england!

Yeah, most of it was covering the cocaine seizure.

Was pretty disappointed in it really, didn't cover the heroin problem much. Thought it painted a pretty thrashy view of the whole city in my opinion, very dark, dull and damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was a little confused, was this the same show that they advertised at the weekend as an insight into Corks Drug problem..I was looking foward to watching it but all they showed or talked about was the drug haul on the coast, haha I cant belive they put diesel in where else would that happen..But anywho did they move on from that subject

Yeah, the last 15 mins, they interviewed one junkie and one ex junkie, wasn't great really. Not quite the slap in the face they could have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahh i see I was half pondering that alrite but sure I got bored the first segment of it... Such a shame they could have done a great programme if they stuck to what the subject was....muppets

Milly33 wrote: »
    I was a little confused, was this the same show that they advertised at the weekend as an insight into Corks Drug problem..I was looking foward to watching it but all they showed or talked about was the drug haul on the coast, haha I cant belive they put diesel in where else would that happen..But anywho did they move on from that subject

I was thinking the exact same when watching it too...thought they'd never get to the heroin problem but they eventually did. The only spent about 15 mins talking about it and you didn't miss much at all. They only interviewed 2 people, one drugee and one ex-drugee, didn't even talk about the people supplying them, played it too safe in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Terrible let down.

Advertisement