Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would Vodafone be worse than BT -same equipment?

• 20-02-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

Got my final bill from BT yesteday and have noticed over the last few weeks cut outs, saw the bit about re-allocating IP nos so left it. But last 2 days it has got worse and what stumps me its the same line, same exchange, same kit so why in the nog does it go wrong? Its back like it was when I first got BTBB only worse.

Is this some kind of conspiracy to pass us round to crap companies so we never get any better.

I text a lot and to have it cutting out is a right pain and it probably affects people far worse than me but hey we pay for always on and that is not the case right now.

Can someone explain how they can muck up EQUIPMENT??

Unbelievable and we are in 2010.

unfortunately my only alternative is eeeeeeeeeeeeircom!!

help

gbb---

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    Got my final bill from BT yesteday and have noticed over the last few weeks cut outs, saw the bit about re-allocating IP nos so left it. But last 2 days it has got worse and what stumps me its the same line, same exchange, same kit so why in the nog does it go wrong? Its back like it was when I first got BTBB only worse.

Is this some kind of conspiracy to pass us round to crap companies so we never get any better.

I text a lot and to have it cutting out is a right pain and it probably affects people far worse than me but hey we pay for always on and that is not the case right now.

Can someone explain how they can muck up EQUIPMENT??

Unbelievable and we are in 2010.

unfortunately my only alternative is eeeeeeeeeeeeircom!!

help

gbb---
    When the transfers happen, customers are automatically being put on 3MB or 7.6MB according to their package with BT. This is a problem because if you can only handly say, 1MB - 3MB is being fed down your line making it worse (too much isnt always better esp. when it comes to DSL).

What speeds were you on before with BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for reply, I was on the up to 7.6mb no limits d/l and got a consistent 3.55 until a few months ago, now it often drops to less than 2 around 6pm, I did ring BT and was assured my line was ramped to get up to 4mb. However it april last year I clocked 5mb and 6mb and did not keep checking. These slow speeds creep up on you. I have more than one pc so speed checks are scattered and in the end I accepted 3.55 was my best. They wear you down in the end. I am 2 miles from exchange but they built a bypass between me and exchange.

To be honest if it keeps cutting out I would accept less than 3.55, too old for all the hassle and no one to complain who cares. I pay about 70pm for phone line rental, free calls and then the BB bit. I hate to think what I could get in UK for 70 quid a month.

It went off again while watching the footie today ie I was not at PC.

gb--

ps this is from router
    ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 4096 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 44.0 db 23.0 db
    Noise Margin 12.3 db 18.0 db

I still cant grasp why the equipment should be a factor as I always thought everything would stay the same.

I want to ring them on Monday and go to the 3mb package as it looks as if I will be better off.

I dont gain much with 4mb.

gb--

did a few tweaks and here is the router details, have not yet tried the original voayger router

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 4096 kbps 384 kbps
    Line Attenuation 44.0 db 23.0 db
    Noise Margin 11.7 db 17.0 db

and I unplugged 2 phones, will unplug fax and other 2 phones later, speed now as usual is less than 2mb.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You might want to look at this thread, it's not just you:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64595126#post64595126

• Advertisement

here is the voyager stat gone very slow in past 2 hours
    nb not from socket with eircom integrated dsl filter.
    Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time
    Latency Type Interleave Line Up Time 00:00:10:33
    Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 1

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 4096 Kbps 384 Kbps
    Noise Margin 13.0 dB 12.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 45.0 dB 27.0 dB
    Output Power 18.8 dBm 1.3 dBm

gb

Advertisement