Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs. Sunderland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

That's why he'll never be a top 4 player,

should be put down for that miss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

jasonorr wrote: »
    Been injured all season tbf!!!
    Every game he's played this season he's been utter sh!te tbf!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Jones is a waster.

Terrible defending from silvestre too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Shocking from Jones

Might make Arsenal realise that 1-0 is a precarious lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Every game he's played this season he's been utter sh!te tbf!!!

Give him a chance, most of his games have come on the back of an injury!

That's why I hate to see Silvestre playin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Always said Jones is nothing but a big strong donkey. Couldn't finish his dinner that fella. Delighted Liverpool didn't sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Walcott is gonna be such a waste of talent, he just is not developing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Silvestre has been shocking in defence so far

Souless wrote: »
    Silvestre has been shocking in defence so far
    What were you expecting :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Should be 1-1 terrible miss but Cana should be off because he lunged in two feet off the ground studs up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Hard to think he was included in a WC squad... four years ago

Rubbish from Walcott!!!

Mr Alan wrote: »

Imo, he doesn't have the quality to be the player so many expected of him. Don't believe the hype. He is of no more quality than Aaron Lennon.

What were you expecting :P.

lol fair point :P Walcott has also been dire, only good aspect he has shown is that he can run really fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jesus Lou Macari is an awful moany bollix.

Lol, what is he giving out about now?

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »

It's almost like Eboue has been a magnet that attracted all his talent, what a season he is having,

Just thinking back to Walcott run that time against Liverpool in the champions league, Can the injury and working his way back really turned him into what he is doing now?

magma69 wrote: »
    Imo, he doesn't have the quality to be the player so many expected of him. Don't believe the hype. He is of no more quality than Aaron Lennon.
    Lennon is quality tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Eboue :eek: your changing my thoughts Eboue keep going buddy :P.

He has had some really good games - think Roma at home last season - always been good going forward.

Decent pass from Walcott there, unlucky!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hard to think he was included in a WC squad... four years ago

It seems like some alternative nightmare reality.

Be some joke if he makes it to the world cup this year.

Take Walcott off at half-time - no point in beating men and getting into space, if the balls you put in are so utterly utterly feeble.

• Advertisement

Lennon is quality tbh.
    He is a good player alright. But not the world class player so many were claiming Walcott would turn into.

Tbh, Lennon is better right now imo but Walcot will develop into a player similar to his lever. i.e good but not amazing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ramsey (losing possession once in kamikaze fashion aside), Nasri and Eboue have been very good. Fabregas has been poor. Walcott's been a bit off but he's been dangerous. He's got a lot of flaws but his movement and pace is still very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Red would be harsh, but given the intent was there he mightnt have had many complaints,

It's a reckless challenge and should be a straight red. He had both feet off the ground, all his momentum therefore is in the foot that makes contact, that's how legs are broken on the football pitch.

It's a reckless challenge and should be a straight red. He had both feet off the ground, all his momentum therefore is in the foot that makes contact, that's how legs are broken on the football pitch.

I know how legs are broken on a football pitch, but i still feel it would have been harsh considering he didn't make an awful lot of contact, But in saying that he couldn't complain too much if he did go as the way he went in is outlawed.

Ramsey (losing possession once in kamikaze fashion aside), Nasri and Eboue have been very good. Fabregas has been poor. Walcott's been a bit off but he's been dangerous. He's got a lot of flaws but his movement and pace is still very useful.

Fabregas started brightly but then went missing in the second half of the half.
    I think Nasri having a great game - destroying his man and doing a lot of good work. Probably have him as MOTM so far.

Have to disagree on Walcott big-time.

Seemed to me that his only use is to hare down the line and put in balls for the defence to clear. I'd love to see how often he is involved in moves when the opposition defence are sitting back defending in their own penalty area and Arsenal are passing it around trying to break them down. He doesn't seem to feature at all when this is going on. Seems to me that the rest of the team are slow enough to pass to him in these kind of situations.

It seems like some alternative nightmare reality.

Be some joke if he makes it to the world cup this year.

Take Walcott off at half-time - no point in beating men and getting into space, if the balls you put in are so utterly utterly feeble.

I still think Walcott can create some more goals in this one, i agree his balls havn't been up to much, but i don't remember seeing too many Arsenal players in the right places for him, it doesn't help that so many Sunderland players seem to be back.

I wouldn't take him off just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Walcott had a brain, he could be sensational.

Actually i apologise, just after seeing a better angle,

I didnt notice the extra lunge as he got near him, it was a definite straight red regardless of how much contact he made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Baffled by Bruce's approach so far. Bent on the left makes no sense, not only is he their best forward by a country mile but he's just experienced enough to do the defensive job being asked of him today.

Jones is a joke of a player tbh, for all his ability he just doesn't look bothered. Macari in commentary talking bollix about him not being a finisher, but come he's a striker he should be working at those type of situations day to day until it becomes second nature to him.

Made feck all effort to actually win the ball; just launched himself at the player two-footed. Could have very little complaint if he had got a straight red.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Have to disagree on Walcott big-time.

Seemed to me that his only use is to hare down the line and put in balls for the defence to clear. I'd love to see how often he is involved in moves when the opposition defence are sitting back defending in their own penalty area and Arsenal are passing it around trying to break them down. He doesn't seem to feature at all when this is going on. Seems to me that the rest of the team are slow enough to pass to him in these kind of situations.
    So what you're saying is, he's not a playmaker?

Fine by me, we've got enough of them already. Players who can get in behind are valid too.

Baffled by Bruce's approach so far. Bent on the left makes no sense, not only is he their best forward by a country mile but he's just experienced enough to do the defensive job being asked of him today.

Jones is a joke of a player tbh, for all his ability he just doesn't look bothered. Macari in commentary talking bollix about him not being a finisher, but come he's a striker he should be working at those type of situations day to day until it becomes second nature to him.

Couldn't agree with you more, Bent should be playing the lone man up front role, he would have buried that Jones chance. Bruce just doesn't want to drop Jones it seems.

Jones has played in defense for T&T at times and he has looked well defensively for Sunderland recently, he should be playing where Ferdinand is playing, or Cana should be taken off and Malbranque or Zenden should be on.

Totally agree that Bent should be leading the line. He would have slotted that ball home.

Things is though, no matter how much you practice your finishing it is something you either have or you don't. The best finishers remain calm and composed in a one on one situation. The less natural strikers get excited and mess up a lot. I'm sure practicing in training helps a little though.

So what you're saying is, he's not a playmaker?

Fine by me, we've got enough of them already. Players who can get in behind are valid too.

Players who can get in behind are valid ;if they can actually create something when they get in behind. Otherwise they are simply lost sprinters, which is what Walcott looks like at the moment.

Walcott might be more effective if he was in a team who play on the break more (provided he improved his final ball) I don't think he fits in with the rest of Arsenal's style really.

Silly booking Fabregas

I think Nasri having a great game - destroying his man and doing a lot of good work. Probably have him as MOTM so far.

couldn't agree more was unlucky a min ago should of maybe took the shot on himself instead of going for the cross

Walcott Out!!
    :pac:

Edit: Walcott In!!

Walcott Out!!

Watch him get a hat-trick now after I've slated him.:p

Also George McCarthey and Bent are hardly the toughest left-sided defensive combo Walcott is going to come up against.

Walcott Out!!

Walcott Shake it all about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

silvestre was a good signing.

well done.

:o

• Advertisement

Silvestre letting Bent in this time!

Good save big AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eboue having a class game

Walcott's legs just weren't big enough to put that away!

Awful attempted cross from Walcott!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

We really need that second goal soon imo

• Advertisement

Rosicky on for Nasri

Surprised Rosicky is on for Nasri and not Walcott!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Surprised Rosicky is on for Nasri and not Walcott!

Theo needs as much game time as possible to get his confidence back.

The 2nd goal needs to come soon,

It's going to be nervy for the last 10 mins if there isn't one by then!

Fabregas lucky there that time.

feck all in the Fabergas foul bloody mensah trying to get him sent off, hate that aspect of football! He's had a pretty poor day today though overall.

We really need a second goal

• Advertisement
Advertisement