Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTP using 900MHz-700MHz

Options
  • 20-02-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

OK so i was trying to get a PTP link of 6.5mls up and running Here using Ubiquiti Hardware but that now looks like a non-starter because of LOS and Fresnel clearance.

I might still buy the Bullet's and the antenna's for another project but for this there not going to work PTP

And so i started to think about other frequency's that i might have a better chance with, namely the 900MHz range and maybe even a little poking about in the 700MHz all in an effort to try and get both sites connect.

Speeds are not of great importance initially but getting a link between the two locations is and so these frequency's are pretty much my last chance.

If you guys were to try this what routerboards pci's and antennas would you buy? I've spent a lot of time at Marlow's old stomping ground and 101 other places trying to figure what setup would give me the best chance of success and this is the best solution i have come up with so far.

I know there could be an issue or two with Comreg etc etc but it would only be a test network to see if i could at the very least get both sites connected.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You need perfect line of sight, end of

Can You not find a location in between that sees both locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

No, unfortunately no chance of an intermediate repeater. It would solve a lot of the problems but it's just not to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

900mhz is licensed to mobile operators I think.

Advertisement