Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infinityward port forwarding -HELP!

• 20-02-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi boards.ie,

trying to set up port forwarding for infinityward. They give a list of routers but mind is a BTVoyager 2110. I'm in as far as the port forwarding page and have NAT ticked. What next? Do I put in an IP like 192.168.1.1 the IP of my PC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

vedwards wrote: »
    Hi boards.ie,

trying to set up port forwarding for infinityward. They give a list of routers but mind is a BTVoyager 2110. I'm in as far as the port forwarding page and have NAT ticked. What next? Do I put in an IP like 192.168.1.1 the IP of my PC?
    Found this on the www...Enter the name of the program into the User Defined box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded would be a good idea. Leave From Internet Host IP set to ALL. Enter the ip address to forward these ports to into the Forward to Internal Host IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on your computer, you should enter your computer's ip address into that box. Use the Protocol drop down box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the External Packet Port Start, External Packet Port End, Internal Host Port Start and Internal Host Port End boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the External Packet Port Start and Internal Host Port Start boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the External Packet Port End and Internal Host Port End boxes.

But what do they mean by PORT? What port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

vedwards wrote: »
    Hi boards.ie,

Yes, you enter the IP address of your pc in the box provided. e.g. 192.168.1.2 or whatever your pc's local ip address is.
    The ports you need to forward (according to steam support) are
    * UDP 1500 (outbound)
    * UDP 3005 (outbound)
    * UDP 3101 (outbound)
    * UDP 28960

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Yes, you enter the IP address of your pc in the box provided. e.g. 192.168.1.2 or whatever your pc's local ip address is.
    The ports you need to forward (according to steam support) are
    * UDP 1500 (outbound)
    * UDP 3005 (outbound)
    * UDP 3101 (outbound)
    * UDP 28960
    Thanks Simi, will try. Messed the router up last night thinking that replacing an earlier version of firmware would help but I think I can sort that after downloading the correct firmware today at work.

Like your signature...Hitch-hickers Guide to the Galaxy ;). I once quoted that to my first employers as I left the premisses after giving 15 of my best years in there without even a goodbye or thanks :(. I bet they're still wondering 'what was that all about' :P.

Advertisement